Thread: UEFA Euro 2016

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard Illuminati View Post
    Well there ya have it. Iniesta said he wanted to take the penalty, but Ramos, who wasn't having a good night to begin with, was 100% confident. I guess that won't happen again.
    That missed penalty coated them dearly. Now that have to go through Italy Germany / France.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Spain, Germany, Italy, England, France and Portugal all on one path to the final now...
    Northern Ireland in the other half with a clear route to victory!

Quote Originally Posted by Slenderman View Post
    We have Gordon Strachan as a manager FFS
    He's always good for a quote though.

Reporter: "So, Gordon, in what areas do you think Middlesbrough were better than you today?"
    Strachan: "What areas? Mainly that big green one out there..."

Group E is done (Sweden and Ireland have been very disappointing so far) but F is still interesting. I fully expect to see Portugal win the group but if it's in the balance after 60 minutes then they might (understandably) start to panic.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Penalties are described as "missed" if the player taking it doesn't score.
    Ta
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    CMTV is despicable. I'd have thrown in the river the reporter and the cameraman along with the mic.

For non-portugese people who don't know cmtv: what did they do to offend him?

Deleted
    Well there ya have it. Iniesta said he wanted to take the penalty, but Ramos, who wasn't having a good night to begin with, was 100% confident. I guess that won't happen again.
    He was just playing fair. He knew that penalty was non existant. Good Guy Ramos

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    That missed penalty coated them dearly. Now that have to go through Italy Germany / France.
    Germany will have to face Spain or Italy.
    France will have to face England or F2.

btw look at this (presumed) tournament table, do you notice something?

All top teams are in the right bracket and will eliminate each other before the final, while the left bracket is just a snoozefest and one of these teams WILL be in the final.

We really should have lost the group to poland, now they are better off even though they were second.

Deleted
    Switzerland Poland Croatia Austria.... I mean... Not only they have a good chance at reaching the finals, they will also have time to rest some people

Deleted
    Got to feel for the Italians though. Played well a secured first spot after 2 rounds and they're rewarded with defending champions in the last 16, and world champions after that in the quarterfinals. Tough.

On the other side of the bracket Croatia is probably the best team and if they continue to play well as they did till now could easily reach the final. They were excellent yesterday, and Perišić imo is the best player of the tournament so far, 2 goals and 2 assists already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boboistina View Post
    Got to feel for the Italians though. Played well a secured first spot after 2 rounds and they're rewarded with defending champions in the last 16, and world champions after that in the quarterfinals. Tough.

On the other side of the bracket Croatia is probably the best team and if they continue to play well as they did till now could easily reach the final. They were excellent yesterday, and Perišić imo is the best player of the tournament so far, 2 goals and 2 assists already.
    I know there's been a lot of protests about the running of Croatian football, would getting to the final or even winning it do anything to settle that?

why is no one counting wales as a potential contender?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    why is no one counting wales as a potential contender?
    I'm sort of half hoping that Wales and Portugal play in the quarter finals. Bale v Ronaldo. But then I realise that'd mean having either Portugal or Wales in the semi-finals and fuck that noise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    I'm sort of half hoping that Wales and Portugal play in the quarter finals. Bale v Ronaldo. But then I realise that'd mean having either Portugal or Wales in the semi-finals and fuck that noise.
    Wales beat Portugal on penalties and England never able to be allowed to forget.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by boboistina View Post
    Perišić imo is the best player of the tournament so far, 2 goals and 2 assists already.
    Perisic was on fire. The last time I saw someone with that pace at a major tournament was Robben speeding past Ramos two years ago.
    Last edited by DrMcNinja; 2016-06-22 at 01:24 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    People actually checked why Ronaldo did that to the microphone instead starting to bad mouth him right away?
    Ronaldo is acting like a complete five year old. A handsome multimillionaire athlete, life must be so hard.

It's funny how when you know how to kick or throw a ball, or drive a car around a track, you get to, basically, act like a complete moron, and people are just going to be like "oh well that's just how he is."

It's basically the same regardless of which sport and which country were talking about. Athletes just seem to get away with doing so much stuff that would get a regular person fired or beaten up immediately. Well, at least Ronaldo hasn't attacked anyone physically yet, but somehow, I feel like it's coming. He seems to be boiling over, with absolutely no control whatsoever. Probably surrounded by a posse of yesmen telling him he can do no wrong.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-06-22 at 01:26 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I know there's been a lot of protests about the running of Croatian football, would getting to the final or even winning it do anything to settle that?
    Definitely no. Croatian football is a hostage of one man who uses it for his personal gain. Most of the Croatian fans (myself included) are against it, but we still love our national team and condemn those trying to get the team banned from the competition. They maybe are frightng the good fight but they're doing it the wrong way.

Anyway here's an article that sums it up shortly
    http://www.espnfc.com/european-champ...s-at-euro-2016

Deleted
    Perisic was on fire. The last time I saw someone with that pace at a major tournament was Robben speeding past Ramos two years ago.
    The last time you someone with that pace at a major tournament was at the last major tournament. Impressive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    All top teams are in the right bracket and will eliminate each other before the final, while the left bracket is just a snoozefest and one of these teams WILL be in the final.
    Is that how Greece managed to swoop in and take the win in 2004?

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Is that how Greece managed to swoop in and take the win in 2004?

this also reminds me a bit of 2004.

with some bad luck even belgium and portugal could still 'qualify' for the right bracket. This would be a disaster

Deleted
    If Germany, Spain, France and Italy are indeed the best teams and favourites, then they just have to defend that favouritism in the final against a "shit" team like Croacia, Belgium or Portugal, like you're calling them.

Shouldn't be a problem for them, according to some posters.