10+ Year Old Account

Idea: PVP Raids!

5v5, 10v10, 20v20

Alliance Vs The Horde
    11 Bosses (5 bosses each + final to the faster raiding team)

Factions race through a PVE raid while utilizing tools to hinder opposing faction (Raid wide slow, Tanks receive
    more damage etc.)

Upon entering Final boss chamber Each faction must have someone summon final boss, Damage cancels channeling. (Channeling time Quickens over the course of the fight.) Successful summon causes the final boss to drain the life force from the losing faction to restore, resurrect and rebuff the raid.

If the one faction wipes the opposing faction can have a chance to take over the kill.

Any Opinions?

I don't think raids would work, but similar concept has been tried in old AV, where the goal was a PvE race but each team has the ability to sabotage and influence other team on their way to victory. I think that kind of gameplay is pretty cool, and imo, one that fits WoW the best.

In contrast, most WoW BG's are more like those from FPS games, rather than one from moba's or RTS's, which is ultimately why I don't enjoy them that much.

I also like lore, sadly there hasn't been a BG with heavy lore exposition since AV.
    Last edited by Turinn; 2016-06-21 at 01:02 AM.

Deleted
    I'd like pvp(e) race, but only if it is in PvE lfr tab and not random bg que.

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    5v5, 10v10, 20v20

Alliance Vs The Horde
    11 Bosses (5 bosses each + final to the faster raiding team)

Factions race through a PVE raid while utilizing tools to hinder opposing faction (Raid wide slow, Tanks receive
    more damage etc.)

Upon entering Final boss chamber Each faction must have someone summon final boss, Damage cancels channeling. (Channeling time Quickens over the course of the fight.) Successful summon causes the final boss to drain the life force from the losing faction to restore, resurrect and rebuff the raid.

If the one faction wipes the opposing faction can have a chance to take over the kill.

Any Opinions?
    That concept was discussed in the past and the general consensus was that it wouldn't work.

Basically if both raids have to rush through separate locations then it basically becomes 2 separate pve raids, where pve gear is superior to pvp gear ( which begs to question why even bother if you need pve gear to complete a pvp event).

Second scenario where both teams start in the same location then it basically becomes an arena fight where the last team standing can rezz the dead and move on to kill the boss, which is counter intuitive simply because this is exactly how arena works ( you get the loot/reward after winning the arena match, which is basically what this is ).

The only way to merge pvp and pve together is to create a moba bg, which also has been discussed with obvious downsides , short story is it's extremely difficult to create and manage the balance for a moba with the way wow works.

We had a MOBA bg and it was the best thing wow pvp has ever done. Then they added reinforcements, removed the mobs, and turned it into the race to the boss version AV is today.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardrenn View Post
    We had a MOBA bg and it was the best thing wow pvp has ever done. Then they added reinforcements, removed the mobs, and turned it into the race to the boss version AV is today.
    Well, that's true in a way.

But I'm guessing they won't be redoing that idea

Besides old AV took days to finish, I don't think people these days have the time for more than a couple of minutes.

What I think would be more fun would be a for the horde/alliance type of battleground, where you're in a random capital, and the goal is for the attackers to kill the faction leader while the defenders stop them, but also have access to unique stuff, like being able to spawn or buff NPCs, lay down traps, barricades, use siege vehicles, etc. Basically just adding a small PvE element to the BG instead of just zerging the enemy faction. Think of it like a smaller scale AV/wintergrasp inside of horde and alliance cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin-Sane View Post
    What I think would be more fun would be a for the horde/alliance type of battleground, where you're in a random capital, and the goal is for the attackers to kill the faction leader while the defenders stop them, but also have access to unique stuff, like being able to spawn or buff NPCs, lay down traps, barricades, use siege vehicles, etc. Basically just adding a small PvE element to the BG instead of just zerging the enemy faction. Think of it like a smaller scale AV/wintergrasp inside of horde and alliance cities.
    This is currently doable in game right now and has been done in the past several times ( when world pvp and server communities mattered ), and the funny part is, it wasn't done for any achievements but simply for the fun and pride of killing the enemy factions leader ( when the entire server would come and try to stop you for the sake of their pride),man I miss the old communities :/

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    Well, that's true in a way.

But I'm guessing they won't be redoing that idea

Besides old AV took days to finish, I don't think people these days have the time for more than a couple of minutes.
    I'd like it if they could find a way to reward people for their time without them committing to the long haul. I remember being in AVs that lasted several hours and I played them straight, but that was years ago and I didn't have half the responsibilities that I do now. Still, I miss that battleground dearly, so I'd love to see them revisit somehow. It was nice that Ashran was an attempt at the same feeling, even if it fell flat.

That's what AV and IoC is. I like those, as i love the larger scale battles, but I'm there to fight the alliance, not kill some jabroni NPC.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================