Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    RIP worthless Blacksmithing profession.
    Yeah totally worthless to craft gear that is as strong as HC Raid gear (if it will be like in WOD)... also it still has the Corehound.

Deleted
    This is such a good change for the wardrobe! 25 items in each slot was nowhere near enough. I still think they'll be missing a trick if they don't add tiered achievements so one for 100 in each slot, one for 150, 250 etc, with the exception of tabards + shirts which I think would be reasonable to cap at around 40-50. This is going to be a huge collection system like mounts, pets, toys etc, so it makes sense to make it work in a similar way. With different tiers there come different levels for different players to aim for, depending on their dedication to collecting, and that's definitely what the wardrobe needs imo!

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    The game was more popular before. Casuals are the ones killing it.
    WoW has always been a game that is casual friendly. Even back in vanilla, compared to other MMO's at the time

Deleted
    Casuals should just accept that they won't always get shit handed to them at any possible occasion and this is coming from someone who went from hardcore to casual. Do I deserve all possible items if I don't raid Mythic anymore or don't do hardcore PvP? Hell no. I accept that I'm missing out on shit, because I went casual. Should I get Tier Epics, because I can close my eyes, tie my hands behind my back and faceplant my keyboard in LFR? No.

People have gotten spoiled, because this is the logic that a lot of modern games go by. Nothing can be prestigious, nothing can be unobtainable, because otherwise "I" won't have it. Everyone who says differently is ofcourse a "special snowflake". Get real.

Mythic level for achievments actually makes sense. Those achievments are not suipposed to be done with pugs (pugs usually want to fast clear the dungeon and be gone).
    All those achievements are usually done with premade group and the main difference between heroic and mythic difficulties is that second one can not be queued via LFD. In terms of "difficulty" itself they are not far away from each other. Well you just can't get +15% buff for joining random group.

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    They better be nerfing those Fashionesta achievements back down to 50, or remove shirts from the achievement. There are like 103 shirts in the game, and the achievement calls for 100 with the current build, coz that shit is cutting it close otherwise compared to the other slots which have hundreds if not thousands of items.
    Try reading the whole patch notes instead of the summary. Shirts only need 15.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ConsecraTwitch View Post
    Casuals should just accept that they won't always get shit handed to them at any possible occasion and this is coming from someone who went from hardcore to casual. Do I deserve all possible items if I don't raid Mythic anymore or don't do hardcore PvP? Hell no. I accept that I'm missing out on shit, because I went casual. Should I get Tier Epics, because I can close my eyes, tie my hands behind my back and faceplant my keyboard in LFR? No.

People have gotten spoiled, because this is the logic that a lot of modern games go by. Nothing can be prestigious, nothing can be unobtainable, because otherwise "I" won't have it. Everyone who says differently is ofcourse a "special snowflake". Get real.
    Was there a specific thing you're complaining about, or are you just yelling at clouds?

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    To be fair, if you want to go by "popularity" being tied to subscriptions, the game had a lot more growth during Vanilla (8M) and TBC (3M). Wrath is when it stagnated (Growth of ~1M). Wrath stagnated WoW. Wether it was because of being more casual-friendly or not we don't know, even though it's unlikely.

The truth is that being more or less casual friendly does have some influence on popularity and subscription numbers, but there are far too many other factors and variables involved to draw any linear relation between individual design choices of the game on a given time period and the number of subscriptions that period had.
    And none of that is the metrics behind "fuck casuals" - their weak self esteem and too much of the little they have being tied to a video game is.

A healthy, confident player who's emotionally stable doesn't care if other people play the game differently.

A weak, hollow person with shitty esteem and a shit attitude who needs to prove they're "better" because they play a video game says "fuck casuals."

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Heavenly Jade Cloud Serpent had a change, does that mean it will be obtainable in Legion?

Quote Originally Posted by JaceDraccus View Post
    Was there a specific thing you're complaining about, or are you just yelling at clouds?
    I am going to use this line myself, makes me think of many people I know in game and life.
    Last edited by Monekop; 2016-06-22 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bormec View Post
    FFS, I'm having a hard enough time digging up wrists. I hope alternate colors come automatically in some cases and count toward achievement, because 100 is high unless you actively farm items. 50 or 75 is more than fair.
    Why shouldn't you be required to actively farm something for an achievement? It's literally in the name: achievement.

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone know what the Murloc toy is referencing? I might be slow on the uptake but I don't get it.

Deleted
    Try reading the whole patch notes instead of the summary. Shirts only need 15.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe read the comments that went before me before being a sarcastic idiot. I was adding my opinion to the rest of the discussion.

Maybe read the comments that went before me before being a sarcastic idiot. I was adding my opinion to the rest of the discussion.
    Blah blah, casuals ruined the game. Yawn. Snore. Hardly qualifies as a discussion.

Except you went off on a tangent about casuals 'getting handed everything', so I wondered if there was something specific in these patch notes that you were complaining about.

But no, I guess you're just a common or garden variety jackass. I'll leave you to your futile rage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Monekop View Post
    I am going to use this line myself, makes me think of many people I know in game and life.
    I can't claim full credit, I was thinking of a Simpsons episode where they showed a newspaper clipping of Grandpa with the headline 'old man yells at clouds'.

Deleted
    Blah blah, casuals ruined the game. Yawn. Snore. Hardly qualifies as a discussion.

Except you went off on a tangent about casuals 'getting handed everything', so I wondered if there was something specific in these patch notes that you were complaining about.

But no, I guess you're just a common or garden variety jackass. I'll leave you to your futile rage.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't claim full credit, I was thinking of a Simpsons episode where they showed a newspaper clipping of Grandpa with the headline 'old man yells at clouds'.

Let me quote my comment: "Casuals should just accept that they won't always get shit handed to them at any possible occasion and this is coming from someone who went from hardcore to casual. Do I deserve all possible items if I don't raid Mythic anymore or don't do hardcore PvP? Hell no. I accept that I'm missing out on shit, because I went casual. Should I get Tier Epics, because I can close my eyes, tie my hands behind my back and faceplant my keyboard in LFR? No.

People have gotten spoiled, because this is the logic that a lot of modern games go by. Nothing can be prestigious, nothing can be unobtainable, because otherwise "I" won't have it. Everyone who says differently is of course a "special snowflake". Get real."

Where did I mention that they ruined the game? Did I even use the word "ruin"? No. Am I raging, like you are implying? No. I am adding my opinion to an argument that is being held in the comments, but you feeling all superior and whatnot are turning it around in your favor, because making up shit I didn't say is the only way you can argue and be... no -feel- that you are right.

Again, since you seem to not understand, my comment was referring to the discussion in the comments and not the patch notes in particular. If you cannot be bothered to read through the comments, read my comment properly or twist it in your favor, just don't bother commenting at all. You having a different opinion on which direction you feel the game should be heading in doesn't make your opinion right or wrong. Nor does it make mine right or wrong. That is why it is called an "opinion".

Again, since you seem to not understand, my comment was referring to the discussion in the comments and not the patch notes in particular. If you cannot be bothered to read through the comments, read my comment properly or twist it in your favor, just don't bother commenting at all. You having a different opinion on which direction you feel the game should be heading in doesn't make your opinion right or wrong. Nor does it make mine right or wrong. That is why it is called an "opinion".
    I read the comments. Several times. Apart from referencing casuals, your comment doesn't relate to anything anyone else says. Nobody said anything about anyone being handed anything. It's a complete tangent from the rest of the thread.

And no, I never said you used 'ruin', that's basically what else was being said about casuals. Maybe you should read the comments?

But hey, you do you.
    Last edited by JaceDraccus; 2016-06-22 at 12:31 PM.

Deleted
    Nope, the comments aren't about casual-friendliness at all. Nope. Nor did anyone complain about not being able to receive a certain artifact skin, because it was from raiding Mythic. Nope. You probably also didn't use blah, blah casuals are ruining the game in reference to my comment which you didn't read at the time, right? Hence, leading to me saying that I did not imply or say that.

Keep struggling with your superiority complex.

Nope, the comments aren't about casual-friendliness at all. Nope. Nor did anyone complain about not being able to receive a certain artifact skin, because it was from raiding Mythic. Nope. You probably also didn't use blah, blah casuals are ruining the game in reference to my comment which you didn't read at the time, right? Hence, leading to me saying that I did not imply or say that.
    Actually, I used 'blah, blah' in reference to the 'casuals are killing the game' comments others made. I was dismissing the prior 'discussion'. I never said you, in particular, said or implied it.

As for the rest, it's perspective and semantics. I don't see it the way you do. Whatever.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raynre Valence View Post
    Wait, what? Does that mean we have to do these achievements in Mythic now?

Crap, that was the artifact skin that I was really hoping to get.
    Whether or not these are a much easier version of Mythic plus. The fact remains that not enough people did the dungeons in WoD, so now they are going to pigeon whole the entire player base into doing Mythic dungeons whether they really want to or not to get various achievements and items.

They never ever give up on forcing play where people trying to avoid them like a plague. I doubt many will want to spend time going back to the days of having to form group to do dungeons. This is how we ended up with the horrid queue system that they never really fixed from the start.

Blizzard never ever give up on trying to mix the water and oil together in this game. They love pushing people with less skill in with people with more skill. The end result always being people getting pissed off and the social wars start all over again, the yelling and screaming, the endless name calling. Why? After all these years do they not get it that they have two entirely separate player bases that do not like one another and never ever get along with each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dungeon hero should require mythic level. It'll bring small groups back which will then feed into mythic+. Mythic isn't that hard. you're supposed to be able to do them with gear less than what they drop, otherwise what would be the point?

The new void eruption ability for spriests looks really really cool. We needed a good form of aoe, and this is the best way i think it could have been implimented

Sorry if this has already been asked but does this beta patch effect the class tuning numbers on the PTR? Only ask cause i noticed a decent sized patch on the launcher for the PTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    WoW has always been a game that is casual friendly. Even back in vanilla, compared to other MMO's at the time
    I don't care what other MMOs do. I'm specifically comparing vanilla and bc to now. They are literally throwing legendaries at us for killing trash mobs. It's like Bernie Sanders is in charge of development.