Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

DiabolicUI - Diablo III themed UI

Greetings!

I've made a Diablo 3 styled UI, put into a single addon! And no, this is not RothUI or any sort of modified version of it (though I'm obviously very inspired by it! ). This is something brand spanking new!

It features both custom artwork and artworkbased on my own screenshots from Diablo 3. It's written from scratch, has no dependencies, needs no configuration or setup, and is made to function as-is straight out of the box. Currently the only configuration available is the number of actionbars, but I do intende to add a few more things eventually, like the options to disable certain parts of the UI.

This UI is currently in its alpha phase, meaning that some items simply aren't there yet. It's a project in constant development, and it will be updated several times a week, if not daily. Expect it to be fully finished within a month at most, probably far less. I'm spending most of my spare time on this currently, and working after a pretty strict priority list to get the most important remaining parts done first. Like the pet- and stance bars. Those should be done in a few days!

I've tested it on both retail WoD and the Legion beta realms. There's bound to be a few more bugs in there, but I've at least been able to level bug free on several characters. And whenever I find a bug or am made aware of a bug or problem, I fix it instantly and upload the fix.

Curse: http://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/diabolicui
    GitHub: https://github.com/larsnorbergofficial/DiabolicUI
    GitHub Zip: https://github.com/larsnorbergoffici...ive/master.zip
    CurseForge Zip: http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/diabolicui/files/

How to install

For github, unzip the download from the above link, unzip it, navigate into the "DiabolicUI-master" folder, and move the folder named just "DiabolicUI" located inside to your WoW\Interface\AddOns\ directory. It's important that you move the correct folder, or the game won't find the addon! For curseforge, put the contents of the downloaded zip-file (which should be a folder named DiabolicUI) in the Interface\AddOns\ directory. For curse, the same as curseforge, or just use the curse client!

Also, make sure the game is closed when moving new files into the addon directory as it is unable to discover new files when it's already running. And remember to check the "load out of date addons" checkbox in the addon listing on the character selection screen, or the game won't load the addon.

What you currently get

• Player, Target, ToT, Focus and Pet unitframes
    • All 5 standard actionbars
    • Pet action bar (new July 2nd, 2016!)
    • Stance bar (new July 7th, 2016!)
    • XP Bar (new!)
    • Castbar
    • Fully styled chatframes
    • Styled tooltips
    • Styled objectives tracker
    • Styled Extra action button
    • Styled Draenor Zone Ability

The missing elements include

• Reputation bar
    • All 3rd class resources

Regards
    Lars "Goldpaw" Norberg
    Last edited by Goldpaw; 2016-07-11 at 09:31 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Christ mate, looks amazing! Good job. I particularly like the target unit frame/health bar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    There's nothing left to do but take our own lives.
    DH / Shaman / Warrior / Druid / Mage / Rogue / Warlock

Stood in the Fire Chromeshellking's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think there are also a few other diablo 3 UI avail as well. I myself would be able to use it but someone might.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great job man, it looks awesome!

Looks rather stylish, good job. I'm gonna try it too.

EDIT: So I installed it and modified it to suit my needs. I do have a few qualms with it:

-Prat seems to break the chat window completely.
    -Masque breaks buffs and debuffs, causing them to appear iconless.
    -There seems no way to turn off showing keybinds on the action bars
    -Action bars reset to default every reload.
    -No button for collections tab

Other than that looks good to me!

http://imgur.com/rVKq4BT
    Last edited by Justpassing; 2016-06-22 at 12:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laronda View Post
    Christ mate, looks amazing! Good job. I particularly like the target unit frame/health bar
    Thanks!

I based that target frame it on the boss target frame in D3, actually. I just made it more metallic, and added powerbars when needed.

I'll add target buffs/debuffs very soon. Along with a ToT frame, Focus frame, pet bar, stance bar, group frames, class resources and all the other things I haven't finished yet!

Alpha versions ftw, eh...?

Also I tried to add the micro menu with bartender but I think something is defaulted to blocking it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Also I tried to add the micro menu with bartender but I think something is defaulted to blocking it.
    Yeah, DiabolicUI is!

You see, there IS a micromenu there! Just click the computer icon button in the bottom right corner of the screen. That's the micromenu! All the options should be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldpaw View Post
    Yeah, DiabolicUI is!

You see, there IS a micromenu there! Just click the computer icon button in the bottom right corner of the screen. That's the micromenu! All the options should be there.
    Damn man, that's real nice. But if if I was you I'd fix Prat breaking the chat window as prio. numero uno. I tried disabling some stuff but no way around it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn man, that's real nice. But if if I was you I'd fix Prat breaking the chat window as prio. numero uno. I tried disabling some stuff but no way around it.
    I'll look into it.

I'll look into it.
    Great, keep up the good work. I'd send you a dollar if I had a PayPal set up :<

But my biggest tripes would be:

1. No Prat
    2. Can't hide keybinds
    3. Actionbar settings reset every reload / login

EDIT: Also the clock seems to be the local clock, not the server time. Any way to change that?

Deleted
    Great job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great, keep up the good work. I'd send you a dollar if I had a PayPal set up :<

But my biggest tripes would be:

1. No Prat
    2. Can't hide keybinds
    3. Actionbar settings reset every reload / login

EDIT: Also the clock seems to be the local clock, not the server time. Any way to change that?
    Fixed a few things, so in the most recent build the chat module disables itself when Prat is loaded now, and actionbar settings are saved between settings.

Adding options to toggle local/server time is on my todo-list. Along with all the rest that's missing.

Fixed a few things, so in the most recent build the chat module disables itself when Prat is loaded now, and actionbar settings are saved between settings.

Adding options to toggle local/server time is on my todo-list. Along with all the rest that's missing.
    Noice, gief link

Also I got Masque working with the UI, just had to disable "Masque Skinner - Blizz Buffs" module and it works fine now.
    Last edited by Justpassing; 2016-06-22 at 02:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks rather stylish, good job. I'm gonna try it too.

EDIT: So I installed it and modified it to suit my needs. I do have a few qualms with it:

-Prat seems to break the chat window completely.
    -Masque breaks buffs and debuffs, causing them to appear iconless.
    -There seems no way to turn off showing keybinds on the action bars
    -Action bars reset to default every reload.
    -No button for collections tab

Other than that looks good to me!

http://imgur.com/rVKq4BT
    I disabled the chat module when Prat is loaded, and fixed the problem with actionbar settings not saving in the most recent build.

Masque isn't supposed to be compatible with my bars, since they aren't meant to be skinned. Keybind option will be added!

Click the computer icon in the bottom right corner, that's the micro menu, and you can find collections there. The icon is shaped like a dragon's head, and it opens the window with collections, mounts, heirlooms, the lot!

- - - Updated - - -

Noice, gief link

Also I got Masque working with the UI, just had to disable "Masque Skinner - Blizz Buffs" module and it works fine now.
    Ah, good to know!

I'll look into the reason why that bugged out, or possibly add a fix for it to the setup tutorial I'm writing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    Great job.
    Heh, coming from you that's a major compliment! You have actually always been a great inspiration to me, believe it or not.

And I was honestly afraid you would hire hitmen to take me out for moving into your territory!

I disabled the chat module when Prat is loaded, and fixed the problem with actionbar settings not saving in the most recent build.

Masque isn't supposed to be compatible with my bars, since they aren't meant to be skinned. Keybind option will be added!

Click the computer icon in the bottom right corner, that's the micro menu, and you can find collections there. The icon is shaped like a dragon's head, and it opens the window with collections, mounts, heirlooms, the lot!

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, good to know!

I'll look into the reason why that bugged out, or possibly add a fix for it to the setup tutorial I'm writing.

- - - Updated - - -

Heh, coming from you that's a major compliment! You have actually always been a great inspiration to me, believe it or not.

And I was honestly afraid you would hire hitmen to take me out for moving into your territory!
    Where's the recent build tho? Your links in OP are updated?

Also, is there a calendar button I'm missing?
    Last edited by Justpassing; 2016-06-22 at 03:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where's the recent build tho? Your links in OP are updated?

Also, is there a calendar button I'm missing?
    Nah, the github files in the links were fully updated. But I added a link to curseforge aswell. I'll have it out on Curse in a few days too, probably.

No calendar button, but I believe there is a /calendar command in WoW. I plan to add a calendar button to the minimap. And possibly the mini menu available in the bottom right corner of the screen.

Nah, the github files in the links were fully updated. But I added a link to curseforge aswell. I'll have it out on Curse in a few days too, probably.

No calendar button, but I believe there is a /calendar command in WoW. I plan to add a calendar button to the minimap. And possibly the mini menu available in the bottom right corner of the screen.
    Ok gonna reinstall the github link then. And yes, /calendar works. Ah hell who needs the calendar anyway, it's mostly goldseller spam anyway.

Update: Action bars work but Prat is still, well, kinda broken:

http://imgur.com/GggtR8X

And it doesn't fade out or anything. The scrolling bar just sits there.
    Last edited by Justpassing; 2016-06-22 at 03:21 PM.

Looks pretty well done! I'll have to try this out when I'm on next Question though, and it may seem like a silly question. Do the other actionbars go ontop of the main one and on the sides?

Nvm, I saw Justpassing's image :P

Man I'm loving this UI. After installing it over my own my loading times decreased considerably aswell! If I had any friends I'd tell them about this...