Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I actually really like HFC. I didn't play during ToT but it looks like it would have been a lot of fun. On'y raid I've ever truly despised was Firelands. I have nothing good to say about that raid, period.

my favorite was karazhan

Quote Originally Posted by Isoe View Post
    Burning all the hard modes ideas =/= failure. And the Sunwell was even less played.

Blizzard is actually quite proud of Ulduar. Blizzard made a lot of references to it when they promoted ToT, and even Ghostcrawler said in another Tweet that it was a great raid.
    the failure is the amount of player that played ulduar, not the hard modes, and other failures like sunwell and naxx40 dont redeem it. damn, even considering the accessibility of ulduar compared to the other 2, wotlk naxx over attunements and bt items, the failure is only worse..

15+ Year Old Account
    Raided since vanilla (but quit in MoP so can't comment on any of them) but..

Ulduar, because of the fresh new mechanics, Algalon, and setting/environment (I love outdoor and 'natural' themes, rather than over-saturated gothic/demon/cold/fire themes)
    Karazhan, because of replayability, did that place multiple times a week until end of TBC and it never got boring, it was such a social small-scale raid
    Black Temple, it just felt epic at the time, probably more to do with being the peak of my raiding enthusiasm rather than anything else though
    The Allies would've definitely lost World War II if the Horde had taken part

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Karazhan, Ulduar, Black Temple, Sunwell Plateau. Dunno which order, maybe SWP my most favorite due to elven music/architecture and it being mostly open. You could also see the rest of the Isle of Quel'danas from up there, so yeah SWP first. Ulduar was great, had very good boss encounters, versatile, with hard modes, nice architecture, lore and music too. Violin in Karazhan with the ghosts dancing = best. Black Temple... Illidan ftw (+ all aforementioned details).

ICC > Black Temple > Ulduar everything else was pretty 'Meh'
    Science the shit out of it!

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can not really set an order so I will follow the timeline.

Naxx, BT, SSC, Ulduar

The best raid is mostly that one where you found yourself the most comfortable.
    I have a special feeling with Ulduar because that was my best performance time, literally none could beat me at my role! But SSC was also very special for me, back in that patch I was in a quite modest guild and we managed to do an incredible progress in a quite short time.
    Naxx simply makes you feel super immerse in the game and BT is BT, period

I am leaving sooo much but this is the best I can do for a top 3... and is not even 3
    Last edited by shise; 2016-06-21 at 03:56 PM.

Ulduar, Siege, and Dragon Soul

All of them felt like their own unique designs stood out, instead of being a reskinned corridor leading from boss to boss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyxiology View Post
    Ulduar, Siege, and Dragon Soul

All of them felt like their own unique designs stood out, instead of being a reskinned corridor leading from boss to boss.
    Not sure if serious.

For me it's ICC>Ulduar>Siege>HFC

10+ Year Old Account
    Ulduar>Ulduar>Ulduar

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Ulduar>Ulduar>Ulduar
    you forgot Ulduar....

Karazhan or Ulduar for me.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    I know you're being sarcastic/joking, but Trial of the Grand Crusader had 2 or 3 of the best/most original boss fights in the game (Beasts of Northrend, Twin Val'kyr, Anub'arak, maybe even Faction Champions). Literally the only problem with the raid was that it took place in one arena (and the icy underground).

People give it a lot of shit, but the fights were great and there was no trash. Remember how everyone was always bitching about trash back then?
    It actually is my favorite. Faction Champions being my all time favorite "boss" fight. As a PVPer, it felt so much more organic than any other encounter, at least the first few times doing it. All the non-PVPers flaying about, not liking the randomness of it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

For me, I have to go with Naxx, then Siege

Sunwell, aka Funwell. Gorgeous layout, fun and interesting boss fights that were challenging to learn and progress through with some absolutely brutal execution and class comp requirements. So many hoops to jump through but once you had them under control it was a real treat and lots of fun. Then 3.0 came and turned it into a zergfest, meh.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sunwell has always been my favorite raid.

Ulduar is probably the greatest overall raid to date if you consider lore, ambiance, boss design, boss-to-trash ratio, layout, and diversity.

Deleted
    Probably between Ulduar and Throne of Thunder.

I've seen people put Firelands up there, which absolutely blew my mind into bits. Without elaborating further on said point; All bosses save Ragnaros was pretty trash and speaking of trash... There was quite a lot of trash. I liked the free form of the zone itself, but even with that in mind I thought it was slightly above average at best.

Some honorable mention would probably go to Blackrock Foundry and Siege of Orgrimmar.

well karazhan for look and atmosphere and ulduar for fight mechanics.

i also love the first cata raid tier

Karazhan, by a mile.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4