Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Notch transphobic?

He got called transphobic for these tweets if i remember correctly. Why? Because his message assumed: Penis=Privilege. Which upset some human being on the world wide web.

Quite funny.

It is not my intention to bash on cry babies on the internet. Plz. Just wanted to share this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Notch is getting a lot of heat because he's defending men's rights right now. Which is a shame, considering we all face discrimination - yet it's ok to hate one but not another. One have to wonder if it's in our nature - what I know is that he's getting undeserved hate.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

I don't think nordic types can be transphobic.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Who cares?
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought Notch was someone else. No clue who this dude is.

Time for breakfast shake!

Quote Originally Posted by Daws001 View Post
    I thought Notch was someone else. No clue who this dude is.

Time for breakfast shake!
    He's the creator of minecraft I think

What in the world does that have to do with people who have gender dysphoria?

notch hasn't been relevant since one week after Minecraft's launch. Who the fuck cares about him?

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    notch hasn't been relevant since one week after Minecraft's launch. Who the fuck cares about him?
    I think creating and running the most successful pay to play game of all time is relevant.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    I think creating and running the most successful pay to play game of all time is relevant.
    It's buy to play. Pay to play implies a subscription.

Someone asked about this whole twitter drama, and Notch showed up himself and answered.

"From what I can piece together, this is what happened:

Once I realized I had fuck-you money and didn't care about my public image any more because it didn't affect my day to day life in any way, I started speaking out against things I personally thing are wrong.
    This got a surprisingly good reaction, with people contacting me in private to tell me they appreciated me doing so, but were unable to publicly back me on it. I completely understood, but felt encouraged to keep doing so.

Eventually, this led to people on the other side of the issue starting to attack me, either to libelous articles or by sending me tweets, so I'd start replying to those in public too. People went nuts, both because they like the drama, and because some people thought I was doing something good. Some people said they didn't care about the actual politics but found it refreshing to see a big name speak candidly.

This egged me on, so I kept doing it, and eventually it became a bad habit. I recently got completely baited into doing a public reply to some miserable c-word1, which they then tried to use to make me seem like a horrible horrible person. I'm currently trying to bring my twitter back to mostly just making bad jokes and complaining about video games.

Accusations of me being miserable are incorrect.
    Accusations of me being a bigot are incorrect.
    But I also kind of don't care what people think I feel or what people think I think, as that has no actual impact on my reality. I'm sharing this with you because maybe I can get some of that sweet reddit karma, and also because I still care a little bit." xNotch
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

He says women and dark skin people have issues, and that he has issues too, and trans people feel discriminated against? Stop giving idiots attention, notch is fine.

I really like the term "fuck you money." I wonder if he's read the cryptonomicon.

Deleted
    How is that transphobic?! He even aknowledges that certain groups might have a worse deal when it comes to things. Standing up for yourself however shouldnt be condemned by a string of buzzwords.

I fail to see how that is transphobia.. Not to mention that the word transphobia is fucking retarded as there are close to no one who actually fear transgendered people, but hey retards gotta retard I guess.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's something from the bottom of the mental gymnastics-barrel.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is not transphobia as there is nothing in it related to trans people.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is everyone so jelly of Notch?

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    This is not transphobia as there is nothing in it related to trans people.

No that would be transgsist.

Question whatever you take for granted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Why is everyone so jelly of Notch?
    Because he's a rich as fuck neet who can do whatever he wants and has unlimited money.
    im cool pls respodn