Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifritx View Post
    I love the content drought. It's my favorite time in wow, the time at the end of the expansion when you're powerful (geared), have a mastery of your main (and maybe a few alts), have the free time to play alts and complete old achievements or transmog sets, and have a reliable routine for dailies etc. I'm not gonna lie, the longer the better in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I'm always totally excited for new expansions (especially with how great legion is looking to be), but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't dreading having an undergeared shadow priest for the next few months following release...

Call me a casual, but each time Blizzard promises less content droughts, faster patches, and faster expansions a little piece of me secretly hopes they won't follow through.

Anyone out there agree?
    Totally agree!

Honestly, the breakneck speed at which some (a small minority I believe) players race through content leaves me feeling rushed and unable to take my time my time to enjoy the content and complete stuff at a pace I am comfortable with.

I totally get that some people prefer to focus only a few specific goals and to achieve those as fast as possible, and I am 100% fine with that, I just wish they wouldn't try and force us who play at a more reasonable speed to keep up by continually pressuring the devs for faster content.

I kinda like the drought in a way, but this time it has been a bit too much, imo. Probably because WoD just feels like it lacks content in general...

Tbh if this tier wasn't literal ass cancer it would be fine. HFC is literally the worst raid the game has ever had. I can't stand farming the the raid. When im sitting on 45+ M Archi kills and haven't liked doing it since the ~3 kill... its pretty bad. I loved Siege. Ran siege on 3-4 chars on Heroic and upwards of 5 on the weekends on normal with friends in 10 man.

I couldn't fuck do that if someone paid me atm. HFC makes me mute mumble, get frustrated at literally everything during raid and a little after. It actually pisses me off to raid.

Raiding since the start of BC till now and first tier to do this. At least legion and the raid tests are good I am happy HFC might be just a 1 time literal shit hole of a raid.

As for outside the raid shit... idk there isn't anything to do in WoW outside raiding. Just get my free gold on my 12 chars on illidan a day and log off since forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss Tol Barad and Wintergrasp... Pvp on your main then do the raid on an alt... good times RIP WotLK

- - - Updated - - -

I love the content drought. It's my favorite time in wow, the time at the end of the expansion when you're powerful (geared), have a mastery of your main (and maybe a few alts), have the free time to play alts and complete old achievements or transmog sets, and have a reliable routine for dailies etc. I'm not gonna lie, the longer the better in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I'm always totally excited for new expansions (especially with how great legion is looking to be), but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't dreading having an undergeared shadow priest for the next few months following release...

Call me a casual, but each time Blizzard promises less content droughts, faster patches, and faster expansions a little piece of me secretly hopes they won't follow through.

Anyone out there agree?
    I can somewhat agree as i also like to grind out mount and reps and what not but I'm almost out of stuff to farm =(

Deleted
    Some people are masochist.

Anyone out there agree?
    I don't like the content drought, no. But I do like the time between the last raid and the next expansion. I like when the gearing race stops, I can get as geared as I like and settle in to finish anything I missed, take my time, and prep for the next xpac.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

I would not say I like the drought.. but I do understand were you are coming from. At the end of the expansion I take time to level alts casually and play other games. When Legion comes out, I will be the first one ready to log in, but until then, I have tons of other stuff to do, mostly outside of WoW, but that is fine in my eyes. Do I wish Blizzard put out more content faster.. yes, but over all if there is really nothing else to do in WoW, I would just unsub and play other games until there is. Taking breaks keeps the game fresh to me... or as fresh as a 10+ year old game can be

I use the content drought to unsub. Just came back to slowly start prepping for Legion and there is still nothing of interest in the current game.

Log on, do Garrison shit, log off, next toon.

Really sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Donair View Post
    Why is this? What are you getting out of this? You state it's a hated place and obviously despise the achievements you're feeling "forced" to do simply so you never have to return again. Is that productive? Wouldn't that time spent doing mundane activities you clearly hate be better spend doing.. well.. anything else?
    I never said I was forced to do so. I can simply not do them and I realize that, however I am also a completionist and want to eventually have all the achievements or at least have that goal so long as I play this game. I am also going to switch characters so it will be much harder to complete said achievements and take much longer than I would like, so why not get them out of the way now when it is easy?

Again, I never said I was forced to going for those achievements - no one is ever forced to do anything no matter the situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've honestly completed everything I need to complete up until MoP content, the only things left for me is Warlords stuff, which frankly is the worst I have experienced and this expansion has basically killed achievement hunting for me. Normally if the content was fine, I would have finished all this a year ago too.

I had your view during Cataclysm, when I grinded out basically every PvE achievement I could, but now all that is complete, there is no old content to catch up on. My bags are to the brim of xmog gear, so I can't farm that until we get the pre-patch.

7+ Year Old Account
    personally is ee both sides to this. its nice to have fresh stuff to do but at the same time its ncie to have new stuff to do. at least someone is happpy wither way lol
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not an unpopular opinion; I'm sure there are hundreds of Square-Enix employees that feel the exact same way about WoW's content droughts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Good for you. But I did all that shit during cataclysm. So I'm bored as fuck!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind content droughts. 4 expansions of playing through content droughts and I still don't have every mount, pet, toy and rep exalted. Plus Legion is adding a new thing to collect - transmog. This content drought has been especially fun to me. Cataclysm's content drought was terrible though...

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked it in MoP because that is when I arguably had the most to catch up on. Especially when they did the squish and soloing older content became infinitely easier across the board.

That said the end of the expansion is the worst time for the game for me. I have played for about 10 years now so I have basically done everything of any real consequence that I would want to do. To go to the complete opposite of the spectrum my favorite time in an expansion is the very beginning. When everyone is running dungeons and everything is an upgrade. I love trying to get the best possible gear before raids open because that is when things feel most alive. People are leveling their classes, professions etc. The end content expansion drought is the antithesis of that and when the game feels most dead.

Years ago when I hadn't done a bunch of old stuff? Sure. I was able to find things to do during these long droughts. But now? I've pretty much done everything I ever set out to do in this game. All I would be doing achievement-wise now would be pet battles and archaeology...both of which I give zero shits about doing.

I've taken the content drought in WoW and turned into time spent getting vested in FF14 to the point that Legion and/or future WoW xpacs will have to be more or less revolutionary to even get me to think about resubbing to WoW.

Love is a stretch for me to say. But I have learned to live with it and not worry about it so much. It's a good chance to do things I haven't completed in game sure. Although it makes doing things outside of game easier to. Remodeled the master bath this summer and could work every night without letting down my guild mates. I do think the gaps have gotten a bit long though considering the payment model. But I am not one of those cutting my wrists open or droning on about it either. More so now that I can use fake money to pay for the sub. Or at least use someone else's money because they like getting fake money for real money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Strongly disagree. I love the process of gearing up, beginning of an expansion is always the best time for me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Read through everything posted since I went to bed last night, great input from most people lol.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolbubble View Post
    but please make more assumptions about me.
    Will do. I'm pleased that you find it entertaining. Oh, and please make more assumptions about me. I find it entertaining, too.