Quote Originally Posted by Vitrino View Post
    Sadly no armor. But we still have the Doomhammer.
    Blackhand wears something that resembles the Doomplate, just with the raptor spines on.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkCreed86 View Post
    I really like how the Lordaeron delegate looks like an undead. Foreshadowing much...
    was that the one who got the shits and stormed out saying 'Im done'?

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteRetro View Post
    was that the one who got the shits and stormed out saying 'Im done'?
    Yes.

Source : http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0336797/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t29

Also the Kul'Tiras delegate was a blonde woman, maybe a Jaina's relative?.
    Last edited by Vitrino; 2016-06-22 at 12:09 PM.

Heck maybe the Doomplate just doesn't exists in this universe and that Thrall will instead get to wear Orgrim's current leather-ish armor? Impossible?

Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    Heck maybe the Doomplate just doesn't exists in this universe and that Thrall will instead get to wear Orgrim's current leather-ish armor? Impossible?
    Would be a shame.
    Thrall would look much more badass with it and would be muc hmore fitting for a warchief.

Afaik Ner'zhul was never a warlock.

Someone had said in this thrread or some other that the way things go the First and Second war will end up being unified into a single one.
    Although I would prefer the game-lore, for a movie that works better.
    There is no way they could have properly portrayed 2 separate wars in 3 movies without them looking forced and way too rushed so I hope they go that route.

Let's be honest, to properly portray both of them would require a tv series, which isnt going to happen as the budget would have to be many times (dozens of times) that of a regualr tv show.
    If it was possible however I would prefer a series since that way you can properly portray all the characters and events, give them enough screen time, show the depth of the war and have a proper sense of scale and time.

The few stories in warcraft that could make good stand-alone movies would be the Thrall (slave/gladiator-warchief) and Arthas one.
    Last edited by Romano; 2016-06-22 at 01:17 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Afaik Ner'zhul was never a warlock.
    If you're talking about my ideas about the sequel I never portrayed Ner'Zhul as warlock. He opened shitloads of portals in canon lore didn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by wickys View Post
    If you're talking about my ideas about the sequel I never portrayed Ner'Zhul as warlock. He opened shitloads of portals in canon lore didn't he?
    He did. He completely destroyed Draenor and turned it into Outland, a partially destroyed world within the Twisting Nether.

Quote Originally Posted by wickys View Post
    Warlocks, mages, shamans and druids are just different kinds of magic users after all. The game limits characters by class, the lore and the movies don't.

A shaman can learn how to use fel magic, at the cost of the elements choosing to abandon him. He can then force them to obey him, as the Kor'kron did after learning void magic. Nothing stops Ner'zhul from learning how to open portals, either with arcane, void or fel magic.

Deleted
    Just got back from seeing it at last. And it was definitely a pretty good movie. Not a perfect movie by any stretch of the imagination, I can definitely see how viewers unfamiliar with the lore could be confused. But the sheer hate it's been getting is nothing more than a blatant bias against video game movies. It was what it was - a decent fantasy action flick that can be enjoyed by anyone, with deeper lore to be enjoyed by fans.

The introduction to the Orcs was solid, because we only had a couple of characters to be introduced to. Conversely the introduction to the humans was incredibly rushed. We were meeting Lothar, then Khadgar, the king, Lothar's son, the Queen, Medivh - all in thwe space of about ten minutes. That was the main part where I could see where uninitiated viewers would be confused. But as the film progressed I think that smoothed out. And the broader plot was pretty easy to follow. I think in that respect Medivh was probably the most confusing part of the film. His betrayal is confusing with no mention of the Legion. I wish the film had had just another 15 minutes to explain things a bit better.

The characters where not deep per say, but I did find them compelling once I had gotten a little way into the movie. Lothar, Llane and Orgrim where probably the least interesting of the major characters (I think Orgrim was lacking in development in the early parts, which made his shifting allegiances later on lack weight.). For me Durotan, Garona, Khadgar and Medivh where the highpoints. Khadgar was just adorkable, Ben Foster bought a lot of mysterious charisma to his role. When Durotan died it was actually genuinely sad - and disturbing to see him drained by the Fel. It was satisfying to see the first hints of the Horde turning against Gul'dan, and even though it was done differently from the game canon, Garona's struggle in killing Llane was compelling. I'd heard a lot about Paula Patton being wooden and a low point, but that was actually one of my favourite parts.

On Lothar's son, Caldon - at first I was dubious on his inclusion, on spending so much time on a new character to the canon. He was pretty bland and uninteresting. But when he died I think Fimmel actually sold Lothar's grief - he wasn't just forgotten after one scene. And I think without that death there would have been very little dramatic weight on the human side of the conflict. I feel like there was a tradeoff - they chose developing the humans a bit more over focusing more on Orgrim in the early film. Which is a shame, but the film already made the Orcs far more interesting so I can understand it.

I loved the little easter eggs for fans - the murlocs, the cameos of Orcs characters. Overall not a deep film but very strong for what it was. I hope that it makes enough money for a sequel.
    Last edited by mmoce35ea8b457; 2016-06-22 at 02:35 PM.

Deleted
    China Wed est. 2.6M$/213.7M$

10+ Year Old Account
    is chris metzen going to be the actor for Thrall in warcraft 2? i would put cold hard cash down that he will be doing the mocap gollum style and using that golden voice of his.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    is chris metzen going to be the actor for Thrall in warcraft 2? i would put cold hard cash down that he will be doing the mocap gollum style and using that golden voice of his.
    Toby Kebbel is a more likely and better candidate. Perhaps they could do some magic and mix his voice with Metzen's? That'd be pretty neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Toby Kebbel is a more likely and better candidate. Perhaps they could do some magic and mix his voice with Metzen's? That'd be pretty neat.
    Metzen's voice is quite fitting for an orc, and I find THrall's voice quite epic.
    This however worked for an RTS game with a couple of cutscenes wtih dialogue, I don't think he would do so well in acting even in mo-cap.
    So I do hope they hire someone with a similar or equally fitting voice or combine the voices.

I will miss Metzen's voice but I understand he's not an actor so he can't work with motion capture at the level of a real actor. Specially Toby Kebbel, I wish he could return for the sequel, he did an amazing good with Durotan. A bit of voice scrambling to make it sound more like Metzen's and the deal is done.
    Last edited by Vitrino; 2016-06-22 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by daywalker02 View Post
    Not if those action figurines, weapon and toys are from the WC movie, and not strictly Blizzard lore.

Story different and Lothar, Durotan and co look like Kebbell or Fimmel, I think studio have rights to the look of its actors
    i hope so. but until we know for sure id just be cautious and not have it be a factor unless someone says so.

the actors themselves would get paid either a royalty or a flat fee depending on the contract but blizzard owns the characters themselves, even the movie version.

granted, blizzard is the type of people who WOULD give money (in fact, im fairly sure they put some money in, even if they didnt they had blizzcons about it which they pay out of hand themselves) im sure metzen wants to see a sequel as bad as we do

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vitrino View Post
    I will miss Metzen's voice but I understand he's not an actor so he can't work with motion capture at the level of a real actor. Specially Toby Kebbel, I wish he could return for the sequel, he did an amazing good with Durotan. A bit of voice scrambling to make it sound more like Metzen's and the deal is done.
    tbh id be very surprised if metzen doesnt atleast TRY and get the voice work for thrall should a 3rd movie ever get made.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    I was thinking that maybe the second film could skip straight to Thrall's story. There's already been a lot of narrative streamlining and the ending of the film seem to set that up. Plus it would be a much tighter and easy to understand story - following Thrall growing up as a gladiator and becoming a Warchief. From there they could give us an Arthas spin off while also continuing Thrall's journey - having him ally with Jaina and travel to Kalimdor in the third film.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shady View Post
    China Wed est. 2.6M$/213.7M$
    Now I see you, Box office.

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    I was thinking that maybe the second film could skip straight to Thrall's story. There's already been a lot of narrative streamlining and the ending of the film seem to set that up. Plus it would be a much tighter and easy to understand story - following Thrall growing up as a gladiator and becoming a Warchief. From there they could give us an Arthas spin off while also continuing Thrall's journey - having him ally with Jaina and travel to Kalimdor in the third film.
    the thing is. they cant just have a time skip and the orcs in camps. and if you try to half and half you're just going to get shitty versions of each game.

i would rather they either do warcraft 2, or a side story in current times, you know, smaller scale, maybe even base it partially on that set of young adult novels coming out.

even if we dont get a third movie with thrall i just feel like thats the only way to do either story justice and id rather get 1 more good movie and no more movies than a bad movie

- - - Updated - - -

granted, if they could pull it off, id take back everything i said
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552