Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    People have been after Notch for a long time, but it's just been getting worse in the past month. The only reason he is being targeted is because of his wealth and the influence that comes with said wealth.

I personally think the guy is awesome and he deserved the wealth and the POSITIVE fame he gets for what he has created.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeXan View Post
    No that would be transgsist.
    That isn't a word. What do you mean?
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    I think creating and running the most successful pay to play game of all time is relevant.
    ...he created World of Warcraft?

but in all seriousness, how is someone who had a FUCKTON of luck with his side project relevant?

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    That isn't a word. What do you mean?
    I know its not, I made it up, its like racist but for transgenders.

Question whatever you take for granted.

E-Celebs and Twitter are a horrible combination. Even when the former are correct, it's usually in regards to some petty argument that the latter has sadly made possible.

I used to dislike Notch for alot of reasons, but since he have turned to shitposting on twitter with money shoved up his ass, i love the dude.
    Sits and calls out feminists and every other tumblrina attacking him out on their bullshit all the time, love it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    It's buy to play. Pay to play implies a subscription.
    It's one of the few reasons XBOX Live is afloat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Why is everyone so jelly of Notch?
    He's ugly, rich, young, smart, and a bit of a jerk.

Basically Tony Stark minus the charm and the attractiveness.

And the suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    I really like the term "fuck you money." I wonder if he's read the cryptonomicon.
    I first heard it from Lucy Liu in one of her interviews, something that her father taught her - basically its the money that allows you to walk away from people you don't want to be working/dealing with for whatever reason instead of having to stick around because you need to keep roof over your head.

where it actualy originated? I have no idea, but its a good term.

is Notch transphobic? no idea. nowadays forgetting even for a moment that what's between your legs doesn't determine your gender is enough to CALL someone transphobic, but sometimes I feel like that term is getting thrown around a bit too freely. but even if he used the more acceptable terms of "person of color" or "woman" - he would still be called out and accused of misogyny, racism etc. because that's the world we live in nowadays.

me, I don't know him nearly well enough to judge what kind of person he is, so I have no idea if he is terrible; or just called terrible, because he dares to disagree with "progressive" side of twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Because money is speech in our society.

Both legally and socially.
    in america? yes. In modern countries? no.

Sounds like perfectly reasonable statements to me. You don't solve bigotry by being bigoted.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    me, I don't know him nearly well enough to judge what kind of person he is, so I have no idea if he is terrible; or just called terrible, because he dares to disagree with "progressive" side of twitter.
    Notch is a nice dude, he went from living in some broken ass home to creating one of the most successful games of all time, through educating himself and just hard work, he created a game that the market was starving for and needed, and i say that as someone who genuinely hate the game.

He is getting painted as an asshole because he calls out "progressives" on their bullshit, and it's for the same reason why you see people constantly attacking him on twitter, obviously like in OP, because he is white and have a cock, he isn't allowed to have those opinions.
    That said, i'm sure there is a bit of jealousy from people being involved aswell when attacking him like they do.

There's even been situations where feminists have demanded that notch gives them money because of "m-muh privilege" which he obviously just took a piss at.

these are the kind of people he is dealing with
    http://i.imgur.com/yUmecr9.png
    Last edited by Strangebrew; 2016-06-22 at 02:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Why is everyone so jelly of Notch?
    Now that I know who he is, I'm jealous he has lots of money? lol

I wouldn't say he's advocating for men's rights, it's like he said, you can't fight bigotry by being a bigot. He's merely calling out all the shit these bigots pull, but the world is afraid or simply ignores it because of who they are and what group it's against.
    Your powers are useless on me you silly billy...

Watching someone who is financially and socially invincible absolutely backhand these lunatics is so, SO satisfying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    aH yes, the Y chromosome, noted summoner of rape demons from the misogyny dimension.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gender identity and such aren't topics we allow here because of past poor behaviour. Locked.