10+ Year Old Account
    Careful, farroth is full of evil. >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    We should meet up at some point on the floor!
    Agreed man a buddy of mine is coming too we both are on Jenova now formerly adamantoise

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Lol I can handle the darkness

10+ Year Old Account
    He is a Nightelf hunter.
    What did you expect?

I hope he feigns death (with the proper Nightelf animation and sound) when he manages to grab Yoshidas attention. :<

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    This shortly after a patch it's probably difficult.
    On my servers prices fluctuate like crazy esp when you compare weekend days to non weekend days.
    Market Board prices on several of the key ingredients on the more common crafts varies considerably. It's honestly why I stopped crafting and gathering, because moronic fuckwads can't wait an extra 5 minutes for their stuff to sell and undercut like crazy. So something that was going for 100k+ in the morning is now 30k....later on in the morning.

I'll probably eventually level them all, just to have them capped and get blue scripts but i won't ever craft and gather seriously again thanks to how the MB works.....filty undercutters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Market Board prices on several of the key ingredients on the more common crafts varies considerably. It's honestly why I stopped crafting and gathering, because moronic fuckwads can't wait an extra 5 minutes for their stuff to sell and undercut like crazy. So something that was going for 100k+ in the morning is now 30k....later on in the morning.
    Obtained Materia V, saw how it's selling for over 2 million each.

Sometime later same Materia V was undercut all the way to 800k.

I have come to learn playing with mkb... does not work for me. >.>
    I'm thinking Remilia's post may have been misinterpreted. mkb, m/kb, mouse/keyboard

I mean I could be wrong, but I don't believe market board was the intended abbreviation.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

I tried to get my first ever 50 scrips as Miner today.... forgot to put friggin stealth on as I was about to collect it

D:

I is no evil, I gud!

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Agreed man a buddy of mine is coming too we both are on Jenova now formerly adamantoise
    We have a Full Party of 8 coming. >_>

The logistics will be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Obtained Materia V, saw how it's selling for over 2 million each.

Sometime later same Materia V was undercut all the way to 800k.
    SEE!? So frustrating. I mean I know things will eventually come down in price and even out, but wtf man. The variance across a single item on the MB is insane! While not a high cost item, I get Chimera Manes on my Retainer to sell for steady (if a little low) profit. Across a single day the HQs were varying from ~2k to below 800, and NQs were varying between 1.3k and 300.

I remember taking it very seriously at first when I was crafting, looking at the MB getting the avg prices of all the ingredients (including crystals) and the finished crafted item and figuring out what it had to sell for to make a profit or break even, and there were SEVERAL times where the finished good was selling for less than a SINGLE ingredient. I literally just gave up when after a week, 4 out of the 5 items I would routinely gather for and then craft was selling for a loss, even the HQ version. The majority of the time the HQ item would barely break even. And to even try to sell anything I was having to go to my retainer 3+ times a day to check the prices and adjust my asking price to try to keep up with the retards undercutting like crazy.

I got to a point where I said fine...I'll play your stupid game..undercut like crazy to crash the market just to buy them all out and repost at the price that would ACTUALLY make legit crafters some money (SOME money, not overpriced)...only to find that it worked for like an hour, if at all and now the market for that particular item was just in the shitter. Happened a lot. I honestly hate the MB in this game when in relation to selling items, it's just so shitbag friendly due to the "no listing fee" and ability to frequently re-list stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I'll probably eventually level them all, just to have them capped and get blue scripts but i won't ever craft and gather seriously again thanks to how the MB works.....filty undercutters
    Yeah I can't fathom people that undercut by 30% of the products selling price in one step. It's f*** insane.

If I undercut I only do so by 1-5 gil. Product price essentially remains the same but my stuff is listed at the top.
    On stuff like materia I don't undercut at all. If the first page ranges from 17K to 12K I put them in for 15K.
    They sell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scufflegrit View Post
    I'm thinking Remilia's post may have been misinterpreted. mkb, m/kb, mouse/keyboard
    I mean I could be wrong, but I don't believe market board was the intended abbreviation.
    *chuckles* Possible. Would be rather hilarious.

I'm sure everyone does this, but remember when looking at listing, before you undercut, listing it for the same price as what's up is potentially cheaper for the buyer and thus undercutting in an abstract sense. What I mean is:

Item is listed for 17k with 5 listed in Limsa.
    You list your item for 17k with a retainer in Ishgard.

(smart) Buyer in Ishgard will choose yours over the others.

I've actually done this a number of times. I'll usually list 1 item with one retainer and another with the other at the same prices so I've got 2 city state locations covered. Granted, someone can undercut ME after that, but I don't get the ball rolling if one of my retainer locations aren't represented and typically mine sell.

I also, on occasion, shake my head at people that have undercut so idiotically that they've posted for less than a vendor pays. Once in a while, I'll buy them out, step to the side and sell to a vendor for a tiny profit.

Can't count the numbers of days where I post something on sale only to log in the next morning, hoping to collect some gil, only to find nothing sold. Check prices...and people have posted said item for half the price I listed. I'm not even posting the lowest price when I do post. Undercutting is one thing, but people playing this game baffle me sometimes. This is one of such times.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm far too lazy to look up the tax rates and only have 2 retainers anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Can't count the numbers of days where I post something on sale only to log in the next morning, hoping to collect some gil, only to find nothing sold. Check prices...and people have posted said item for half the price I listed. I'm not even posting the lowest price when I do post. Undercutting is one thing, but people playing this game baffle me sometimes. This is one of such times.
    if I undercut its by like one gil people who go by like 100k piss me right off

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    I've done that before (the 1 gil undercut), and those don't bother me at all. I'm with you on the 100k+ undercuts, and or people posting stuff for half the cost, which is barely more than the mats themselves sell for. People don't understand they can sell completed items for more than the mats are worth since crafting takes some level of effort in this game. It's something that irked me about GW2's economy, where crafted gear sells for no more than the mats used to make them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    Oh i don't know. If it's a single entry on an item that sells well, I just buy it out and relist it. 100K instant profit. ^^

I'm far too lazy to look up the tax rates and only have 2 retainers anyway.
    Not a matter of looking up anything. Just plain and simple "Nobody is selling from the city my retainer is in" = list for the same price as the others. Someone buying from the city your retainer in pays no taxes. They'll choose yours over another city if that's the board they're standing at.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Not a matter of looking up anything. Just plain and simple "Nobody is selling from the city my retainer is in" = list for the same price as the others. Someone buying from the city your retainer in pays no taxes. They'll choose yours over another city if that's the board they're standing at.
    I have to admit: I don't understand.

My retainer was hired in Ul'dah / Gridania, so they always sell there, right?
    Is it possible to change that on the fly or sth?

Because if it's not, then the whole thing doesn't matter at all.

10+ Year Old Account

I have my retainers selling in Ul'dah and Ishgard.

When I speak to retainer NPC in Limsa, this option pops up: "Dispatch a retainer to Limsa Lominsa."

15+ Year Old Account
    I have to admit: I don't understand.

I believe you can change it at the retainer NPCs in the major cities.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"