Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Overwatch Video Settings you should Enable, Disable or Tweak – Best Overwatch Competi

Hello mmo-champion community,

After getting a lot of requests about the perfect video settings on our latest thread,
    we decided to make an in-depth article on this topic.

What settings are you running?

Did you make any changes?

Do you have a better experience after tweaking anything?

Any feedback and/or tips are always appreciated.

If you still have additional questions, ask away.

We would love to here from you!

Well, I don't play to for money or trophies or anything like that, but this will come in handy. Well done and thank you, chief!

MAX, MAX, MAX - cause it looks pretty ;p

Deleted
    More fps the better

15+ Year Old Account
    Been playing 720p at medium on my laptop to maintain smooth gameplay, with my new build (expecting final parts next Tuesday) I'll be cranking everything to OVERKILL.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by magusfrostus View Post
    More fps the better
    Nah, if i wanted PS2 graphics i'd bust out my PS2.

too good for game
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    Been playing 720p at medium on my laptop to maintain smooth gameplay, with my new build (expecting final parts next Tuesday) I'll be cranking everything to OVERKILL.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm currently playing on max settings in 1440p, keeping 70fps pretty smoothly. I can however understand the desire to put everything to low, so there's less things to distract you. Not that I'd ever do that, I like looking at shiny games

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Szekely View Post
    Nah, if i wanted PS2 graphics i'd bust out my PS2.
    You can still get high fps without it looking like a PS2 game when you optimize it correctly.

I push a button and nVidia optimizes the settings

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taalyn View Post
    I push a button and nVidia optimizes the settings
    You must have a lot of trust in nVidia. I wouldn't suggest using these kinds of automated processes.

15+ Year Old Account
    You must have a lot of trust in nVidia. I wouldn't suggest using these kinds of automated processes.
    Tinfoil hat? The Geforce Experience just sets graphics based on templates for your system profile. Sure it's not as good as tweaking and benchmarking each option individually but it's a good go-to option for 90% of the cases.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Deleted
    What i was getting at wasn't meant to make nVidia (Geforce Experience) look bad. Just saying that everyone should optimize his graphics manually.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was playing on default settings except I set it down to medium and had no issues. I tried the settings you suggested and immediately started having all sorts of lag issues on my favorite character (Symmetra). No thanks. Set it back to what it was before.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    I was playing on default settings except I set it down to medium and had no issues. I tried the settings you suggested and immediately started having all sorts of lag issues on my favorite character (Symmetra). No thanks. Set it back to what it was before.
    That's really weird, from what i understood you had your settings on medium before. With the settings i suggested you should get even more fps and there shouldn't be any additional issues all of a sudden. What exactly do you mean by lag issues?

10+ Year Old Account
    That's really weird, from what i understood you had your settings on medium before. With the settings i suggested you should get even more fps and there shouldn't be any additional issues all of a sudden. What exactly do you mean by lag issues?
    Well I've never had any lag at all in Overwatch. When I put the settings DOWN to low I figured it would be smoother, but it actually made me lag so bad my character was lagging all over the place. Made it very difficult to play. I'm not sure why it did that but given the timing I can only assume it was one of the settings changes.

Lot of good tips in this thread

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    Well I've never had any lag at all in Overwatch. When I put the settings DOWN to low I figured it would be smoother, but it actually made me lag so bad my character was lagging all over the place. Made it very difficult to play. I'm not sure why it did that but given the timing I can only assume it was one of the settings changes.
    Have you tried streaming/recording at all? How does it effect performance?

10+ Year Old Account
    150fps average on ultra. Mmmmmmmmm pretty
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    I'm currently playing on max settings in 1440p, keeping 70fps pretty smoothly. I can however understand the desire to put everything to low, so there's less things to distract you. Not that I'd ever do that, I like looking at shiny games
    I do the same but with 4k, and have no issues with streaming (at my upload limit 4000) or recording in 1080p

With the settings on Epic though your actually at a disadvantage on the majority of hero/char w/e you want to call them due to the amount of "visual crap" that blocks your view (bushes/tree's etc) , When I play serious I do it in 4k on low settings because I've not had enough time to figure out what I need to reduce/disable to still have it look 100% with no disadvantages

Heres the original imgur link there is a discussion about it on Reddit as well if i can find it
    https://imgur.com/a/JGLkZ#MKzMJwD

and also this one (which is quite gamebreaking, since any1 playing above low cant see you hiding behind a flag
    http://imgur.com/a/CoTFd

EDIT: Again

Turn Model Detail to low, and keep everything else on Epic.. Disable AA if you play in 4k as its pointless, Disable V-Sync, Triple buffering & FPS Cap (Unless your recording/streaming as this will probs melt your cpu/gpu)
    Last edited by mmoc0f35fe6efc; 2016-06-23 at 05:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanl0l View Post
    Have you tried streaming/recording at all? How does it effect performance?
    I tried recording before and it caused lag so I do not ever stream/record anymore. If I want to save a PotG or something I have to wait until I'm done playing and record it after the fact. Recording during play wouldn't be possible, ever, so I don't.

I'm not sure how having the game on low settings would be akin to what happens when streaming/recording?