Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Sweden Toughens Rules for Refugees Seeking Asylum

Finally, about time that it was done. Some years ago they claimed it can't be done because of treaties we've signed but now it's suddenly doable? Bunch of liars.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/22/wo...trictions.html

Sweden, once one of the most welcoming countries for refugees, on Tuesday introduced tough new restrictions on asylum seekers, including rules that would limit the number of people granted permanent residency and make it more difficult for parents to reunite with their children.

The government said the legislation, proposed by the Social Democrat minority government and enacted by a vote of 240 to 45, was necessary to prevent the country from becoming overstretched by the surge of migration to Europe that began last year.

The country, which has a population of 9.5 million, took in 160,000 asylum seekers last year.

The government said that under the new rules, individuals who want to bring over family members but do not apply to do so within three months of arriving in Sweden, would have to prove they can financially support them; current regulations require sponsors to demonstrate only that they can support themselves. Permanent residency for asylum-seekers under the age of 25 would be restricted to those who have completed high school and can support themselves.

Deleted
    Sweden, the home where racists and bigots dwell? FUCK SWEDEN

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2016-06-22 at 02:42 AM.

Deleted
    I'm sure @Mooneye is thrilled about this.

Personally, i think it's a good move.

It's kind of a weird feeling watching all this pass.

Especially when all the morons kept acting like you were claiming to predict the winning lottery numbers like this wasn't common sense. You open your borders up and make it easy for those less well off to flood in, and then suddenly you find out that money doesn't spawn from thin air, and you can't just ask nicely for someone to adapt to your culture and fit in.

Since bashing America is totally okay, I am gonna sub in a word for what I am gonna say next. Fuck The U.S. I give two fucks how those PC morons deal with this and I hope their failure to grasp reality gets picked up by all onlookers as a lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by Julrusch View Post
    Finally, about time that it was done. Some years ago they claimed it can't be done because of treaties we've signed but now it's suddenly doable? Bunch of liars.
    They were caught between two impossible promises and had to give up something.

Hopefully they can slow the heck down, work to incorporate the existing immigrants safely with their society, then open the floodgates again if they so desire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    It's fun watching those lunatic leftists having to admit their own insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    Since bashing America is totally okay, I am gonna sub in a word for what I am gonna say next. Fuck The U.S. I give two fucks how those PC morons deal with this and I hope their failure to grasp reality gets picked up by all onlookers as a lesson.

You do realize that a clear majority of the populace has been, for a long time now, against the lax immigration policies that allowed this huge influx of refugees and immigrants to happen in the first place, right? Not of particularly much help though, when no party but one dares to act upon the will of the people lest they be called racists and get absolutely thrashed by media - which happened to that particular party, of course, as well as being politically isolated by the rest due to that stance. This whole mess basically boils down to devastatingly bad politicians and party culture, showing open disdain for the spirit of democracy, and media focusing on influencing national politics as much as absolutely possible in lieu of being at least somewhat impartial and possessing even a semblance of dignity.

Now, they all scramble in panic, enforcing changes people wanted to be done ages ago, before all of this took place, while pretending that noone could have seen this coming (takes some balls to not only ignore/choose not to see that huge amounts of people were afraid of just that, but to then actually still pretend it wasn't so when looking back in hindsight and those concerns turned out to be true) and that they didn't severely bash and classified such notions as basically outright racist shortly before they themselves suddenly enacted them. For my part, I certainly fail to see why your average Joe (or rather, Sven) deserves to suffer due to their stunning display of arrogance and ineptitude. After all, it's not like there was even the slightest chance of the populace being able to prevent any of this from happening, by means of voting or similar, apart from strictly (and I do mean strictly) theoretically.
    Last edited by Sama-81; 2016-06-22 at 04:02 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    You open your borders up and make it easy for those less well off to flood in

Swedens only mistake was to think that the rest of the EU would act effectively and honestly. If the EU refuge system did works as promised not a single unregistered refugees would reached Sweden by land. Insted it become praxis in EU of adopt "send refugees north, then they are not our problem"
    Last edited by mmoc957ac7b970; 2016-06-22 at 04:16 AM.

Kinda late tho... should've been done years ago.

It's good to see them accept that they're being a bit too lax, for as awful as that is a thing to have to face. Maybe now the borders can be safer for everyone, both citizens and incoming refugees.

Deleted
    So Sweden is becoming more pro-life? Good for them, and good for everyone else too.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2016-06-22 at 03:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    So is Sweden now worse and more racist than Orban's nazi Hungary?
    I read it as "Obama's nazi Hungary"... Was quite a bit confused!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Here's hoping our jerkass politicians will try to emulate Sweden in this change too.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

Words are one thing, actions are another. Does Sweden have the will and means to actually enforce those stronger measures? Do they have the balls to forcefully turn people away at the border.

I hope so, but I doubt it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastfizzle View Post
    So Sweden is becoming more pro-life? Good for them, and good for everyone else too.

[Infracted]
    Why the hell did you get an infraction for that?!

OP:
    It's about damn time, tho I fear it's too late.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Do they have the balls to forcefully turn people away at the border.
    Yes, but I still think Sweden will have a weak spot for "beard children" individuals who claim to be minors, but have beard.

Words are one thing, actions are another. Does Sweden have the will and means to actually enforce those stronger measures? Do they have the balls to forcefully turn people away at the border.

Well, we already instituted internal border controls a while ago. The current proposal to adjust our intake to just meet the minimum EU refugee-quota is set to come in effect in July the 20th.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account

The only way by land into southern sweden goes by one bridge, which can easily enough be controlled. So, yes we do, that is unless they feel like swimming or hiking through Russia/Finland.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    like swimming or hiking through Russia/Finland.
    They do come from Russia with Russia's blessing to, but they aim at most to Norway.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    Why the hell did you get an infraction for that?!
    Because only Canada should have a controllable self-benefiting migration policy.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-06-22 at 04:26 PM.