Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverietides View Post
    yeah that's where I got too! then the rest of the instructions threw me off! Unless it's all an epic troll to send us running around like headless chickens haha
    I was confused when he said Temple of Anubis payload section because there is no payload.

10+ Year Old Account
    McCree isn't all that useless after his nerfs. Now when you flashbang just do single shots to the head/body. The single fire still does lots of damage and squishies will have a hard time recovering from it if they're not already dead. Save FtH for oh shit spammy moments to try and secure a kill. This was the case pre nerf as well but if you landed a flashbang you might as well do FtH since it was insta kill

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Zara? yea its fucking intense damage. Quite often I see her run a door way, pop her shield and soak everything up and walk away with a quadra or penta especially if the ult is up
    We were talking about Symmetra though, weren't we?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taalyn View Post
    I was confused when he said Temple of Anubis payload section because there is no payload.
    So either his instructions are really good and hes mentioned the wrong map, or we're just blind :P

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems a lot of people don't know this, but you can switch heroes after dying. There's no reason for you to keep playing McCree when the opposing team is running double Bastion + Torbjorn.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverietides View Post
    So either his instructions are really good and hes mentioned the wrong map, or we're just blind :P
    I spent a couple minutes running around as well and couldn't really find out where you're supposed to go either..

idont know it
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalmakk View Post
    Genji can use animation cancels to open up on people for 175 damage roughly, as long as you're at close range. Right Click > Melee > Dash. If you do it in that order, you cancel each animation almost instantaneously. The whole combo can be performed in less than half a second.

Reinhardt can cancel his melee swings mid swing to improve his dps slightly, by tapping shield while holding down left click. You'll get a very short swing that comes from the right side. As soon as it makes contact, tap right click, and you will get another instant melee. You don't get the arc, but if you keep the enemy at the right side of the screen it will burn any hero in moments.

Mei can use Ice wall to create ramps with which to throw herself off cliffs. Give it a try!

Roadhog has an animation cancel combo, kind of like Genji's but with more range. Need aim though. RIGHT Click + Hook simultaneously (you can do both at the same time) > LEFT click > melee. Aside from Tanks this will kill every hero in the game. Including Reapers if you hook from close enough. The stun lasts too long for them to spectre. Same with Mei.

Pharah's concussion missile can be used as a personal mobility tool. If you've extended yourself too far or need to chase someone, point your concuss at a wall opposite where you want to go (need to be close to the wall, obviously), and it will shoot you away as if you were an enemy. Can be a good way to get into the air if your jump jet is on cooldown, too. Damages you slightly but the advantage outweighs the con significantly.

Don't forget your melee. This applies to all heroes. SOOOO few people actually melee, even when they're in melee range and out of ammo. Melee is an instant 30 damage which hits EVERYTHING in a 180 degree arc around you. And not just one target, melee hits EVERYONE. It's like a mini Reinhardt swing with less animation time. Seriously. Punch people more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalmakk View Post
    Don't forget your melee. This applies to all heroes. SOOOO few people actually melee, even when they're in melee range and out of ammo. Melee is an instant 30 damage which hits EVERYTHING in a 180 degree arc around you. And not just one target, melee hits EVERYONE. It's like a mini Reinhardt swing with less animation time. Seriously. Punch people more.
    Fun fact, the melee is actually a triangleish thing in front of you instead of an arc -- you get more distance on it if you point sideways a bit. Same thing goes for Reinhardts swings. It also has a pretty surprising range
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions

10+ Year Old Account
    After an obnoxiously bad game. Go as a team you shits.

(Yes, I just used this for venting. Great thread btw, lots of useful information. )
    Last edited by plastkaze; 2016-06-22 at 04:50 PM.
    Thundercunts and stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    Anyone know if D.va's E removes Zarya's ult while its still airborne?
    I was trying to get through the door into Hollywood while attacking last night and the enemy team was bunched so I hit my Zarya ult...and it disappeared. Never happened, but got used up. I'm pretty sure D.Va must have absorbed it.

I can't remember but my team might have gotten caught up in one too, so it's also possible Genji reflected it. It's hard to say because their team had a Zarya too.

Lucio's right click is a life savior.
    It'll push Reinhardt during his charge.
    Deflect Pharah's Missles.
    Cancel Pharah's ult is she is stupid enough to do it close to ground.
    Pretty sure it'll cancel McGree's ult.
    Sadly, it won't save you from a JunkRat ult too often. You know it's a blizzard game when the animation of an ability is smaller than its damage radius.

Junkrats ult does 600, Lucio's shield at cast is 500. Perfectly timed ult will save everyone.
    Lucio's ult casts when he lands, so careful with jumpy around a lot if you feel like you'll need it soon.

Now a Junkrat one. Your Tire can scale walls. Still don't seem many junkrats do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryuk View Post
    Fun fact, the melee is actually a triangleish thing in front of you instead of an arc -- you get more distance on it if you point sideways a bit. Same thing goes for Reinhardts swings. It also has a pretty surprising range
    It doesn't have a surprising range, it has a flat out ridiculously jawdropping range.

To anyone who hasn't already, try testing it on the arcade games at the start of a match as attack. Stay a good distance back, melee, and if it didn't hit, sneak forward a bit, melee, repeat if it didn't hit.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Main point to take away is that melee will often save your life or ensure a kill. In a battle of two characters who have unloaded clips, don't wait for a new clip...melee and win. I'm starting to train myself to do this and it results in a lot of kills I would have otherwise lost. You can often time melee to simultaneously fire with abilities as well. If they have just a couple of bars in their health, melee will kill them.

One of my favorites is the headcicle/punch to the head with Mei.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    As Junkrat use your shift in a very reactionary way. If you see someone within throwing range of you toss it and hope for the best. It almost always works out for me :P

Also as Junkrat, ALWAYS make sure your trap is in between you and a reinhardt... Those fuckers love to charge, so it's very easy to bait them if you aren't stupid about it.
    Junkrat is a surprisingly... Airborne hero

Also, Reinhardt can use firestrike to kill the trap in one hit, so it's probably better to throw the trap as they charge

Edit: Unless you already had the trap down for some reason of course
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions

10+ Year Old Account
    Each barof health above a persons head represents 25 hp so if they only 1 bar left go for that melee kill rather than reloading if they are in range. So useful for getting those last hit kills as Genji and Tracer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenris View Post
    Each barof health above a persons head represents 25 hp so if they only 1 bar left go for that melee kill rather than reloading if they are in range. So useful for getting those last hit kills as Genji and Tracer.
    I've been wondering how much the bars represented but then keep forgetting to find out. Thanks!
    Member of every Blizzard beta club.

This might have already been mentioned because I didn't scan the entire thread.

You can put an artificial 2-5 second (depending on ceiling existence/height) delay on Mei's ult by throwing it straight up in the air. Since her ult has an audible que this will lead the enemy team into thinking it was poorly aimed or canceled by something so that when they return a few seconds later it lands and they are all frozen.

Obviously, this is strongest when done on top of an objective like payload or point B in Hanamura.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    It seems a lot of people don't know this, but you can switch heroes after dying. There's no reason for you to keep playing McCree when the opposing team is running double Bastion + Torbjorn.
    But I main Genji!!!!

Fun fact, I turned a game around once by switching from Reaper to Tracer. Going from one character I do terrible with to one I'm good with (except I suck at using her pulse bomb) was enough.

That or I'm just fluffing myself up and everyone else just started focusing.

I prefer my first theory though.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    But I main Genji!!!!

Fun fact, I turned a game around once by switching from Reaper to Tracer. Going from one character I do terrible with to one I'm good with (except I suck at using her pulse bomb) was enough.

That or I'm just fluffing myself up and everyone else just started focusing.

I prefer my first theory though.
    Yeah, I usually pick a character I like playing first but if the opposing team has a couple of hard counters I always switch.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    Yeah, I usually pick a character I like playing first but if the opposing team has a couple of hard counters I always switch.
    Judging from your avatar you play alot of zenyatta. Must be hard for you since just about everything can counter such a low health pool. I have the most success on him on defense where I have the whole team around me at all times.