10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EvcRo View Post
    The transcript between Sean Tracy and Brian Chambers above is a wall of text, it isn't funny, nobody fumbles over their words or anything.

But I hope people read it, and ask themselves if this sounds like a project that is releasing this year, or next year, or the year after that.

There are STILL questions around how the cinematics will be implemented into the game
    There are STILL questions around how the AI will handle cinematics
    They are talking about building a SOLID FOUNDATION
    They are talking about the timezones affecting the ability to come up with DESIGN PLANS
    1&2) These are things that are implemented near the end of the development cycle, not built around (at least from what one of my friends mentioned). So this means that they have the stuff in place and are just getting it 'melded' in properly and tweaking them for fidelity. And then they go on to describe how they get some of it done.

3) The "SOLID FOUNDATION" is referring to the system for sliding these cinematics into place seamlessly, not the base of the game itself.

4) The timezone thing he's talking about is how much work they can get done with the multiple offices that they have around the world. The EU offices toss the work that they finished over to the US offices as they're getting in, and vice-versa.
    Last edited by masterhorus8; 2016-06-10 at 08:35 AM.

Deleted
    Even the only thing they do (concept jpegs over a limited scope, tech demo, spaghetti code to show case them for selling) it's recycled stuff

enhance ...

at least they rotated the head few degrees ... how original

another one

another one

115$ millions , reusing photos from the internet lolz. art is easy at Star Citizen, use google image search and photoshop effects.
    Last edited by mmoc11f5768ffa; 2016-06-10 at 09:33 AM.

I don't understand what those animations are meant to be telling me. The people in the concept art is based on photos of actual people -isn't that normal?

I forgot this game existed. Is the hype meter still high? Haven't really looked into it much to not sound like an ignoramus right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vogyn View Post
    I forgot this game existed. Is the hype meter still high? Haven't really looked into it much to not sound like an ignoramus right now.
    Honestly, the hype depends on what each person is looking forward to. Right now, a big patch is about to hit the live servers after being on the test servers for so long, and a lot of people are looking forward to some of the new things that were added via that patch. Whether it be one of the 2 ships that will be flyable or the persistence mechanic that they started to implement, among other things. Personally, my attention is more focused on one ship and any news that can/will effect it and my hype went up this week after finally hearing more about my ship after not hearing anything for a few months but is already starting to go back down.

EDIT: My bad, patch 2.4 hit live about 2 hours ago.
    Last edited by masterhorus8; 2016-06-10 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    ...and there he goes again.

Despite everything, I find it amazing how some people actually waste time zooming those images and looking for the originals around google, that is some true dedication right there o.o
    He does come across as a bit stalkerish doesn't he? I wonder if he realises just how responsible he is for keeping this thread alive?

I guess its some sort of cousin to a justice boner that is his fetish? Indeed nobody else would dedicate as much time shitposting about something they hate.

2.4 is finally live! Finally! Another 30GB download. I'll download it overnight since it totally saturates my 25mb connection. Little sad though, they were only 5 letters away from releasing PTU patch Z.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...a-24-Available

And here are the patch notes...

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...izen-Alpha-240
    Last edited by carnifex2005; 2016-06-11 at 05:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    havent logged on at all since they Brought Crusader online. finally did last night

didnt know where to get my suit for the first 30 mins . died first time to the airlock thinking i had it on to begin with. second time i went to the suit shop but wasnt sure if i gotten it on. died to the airlock again. 3rd time i found the suit i can wear is inside the room i spawned in. went outside. took somone's ship. after some revisiting of the keybindings i jumped out to a spot in space. then back... forgot to slow down and crashed right into the space station and died a 3rd time. lol

i thought there was a 3rd person view i could go into when i wanted to look at myself
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Yeah, press F4 for 3rd person view.

Here's a nice link to the updated keybindings...

http://imgur.com/a/ORPj1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    Yeah, press F4 for 3rd person view.

Here's a nice link to the updated keybindings...

http://imgur.com/a/ORPj1
    Did use F4. It let me swing my cam around but i didnt see myself at all
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    Did use F4. It let me swing my cam around but i didnt see myself at all
    Try deleting the user folder. F4 works for me too.

I'm a bit tired right now, and all the videos I can find are cinematic-style shots of ships flying aimlessly.

So could someone give me a quick rundown of exactly what this game is? What do you actually do in Star Citizen? Is it like Eve online?

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I'm a bit tired right now, and all the videos I can find are cinematic-style shots of ships flying aimlessly.

So could someone give me a quick rundown of exactly what this game is? What do you actually do in Star Citizen? Is it like Eve online?
    It's promising to be a space shooter, a space MMO, space flight sim/second life. Very ambitious-sounding and that's why it generates a lot of controversy whether they can deliver or not. Time will tell.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post

There's a campaign called Squadron 42 which will be story-driven space missions like Wing Commander.

Then there's the sandbox game which will be similar to Elite. You start with a fairly basic ship and use it to earn money through trading, exploring, piracy, bounty hunting, mining and (presumably) running missions for whatever NPC factions exist. Then you spend the money on ships and equipment that are better suited for your chosen activities.

Graphically it is going to be a lot higher detail than Elite: Dangerous. It's also going to allow you to go from flying your ship to controlling your character in first-person.

Has anyone else found the game to be unplayable since the deployment of the last patch? As of 6/18/2016 at 6:02 PM PST, I am getting error 10003, at the main menu screen. Game closes after the error box is closed. The game is up to date, and reported to the official forums. Is it just me?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Has anyone else found the game to be unplayable since the deployment of the last patch? As of 6/18/2016 at 6:02 PM PST, I am getting error 10003, at the main menu screen. Game closes after the error box is closed. The game is up to date, and reported to the official forums. Is it just me?
    I haven't seen any mention of that error for almost a week now. I will update shortly if i find anything on the forums.

EDIT: I could not find anything regarding Error 10003 since the 13th, around the same time that they supposedly fixed it.
    Last edited by masterhorus8; 2016-06-20 at 04:47 AM.

Deleted

and your point is exactly, its in development, its obvious there are going to be ways around things if you try hard enough. You enjoy posting the most irrelevant things about the game because you don't like it.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

OMFG!!!!! They found a bug in a game that is still in development. Someone call the fucking pope we have a crisis here.......