Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    are they food? yeah? then thats what the fuck food stamps are for.

your 700+ friend is a fucking anomaly.

if you take the sugar away theres gonna be fucking riots.

every generation people go full retarded and try to restrict the things poor people buy because they forget POOR PEOPLE NEED TO SELF MEDICATE. being poor fucking sucks and if you dont have outs you go insane and shits gonna burn to the fucking ground.

you guys are acting like people on food stamps only buy junk food. no, they buy fucking food and some of it happens to be for pleasure.

bread and circus mother fuckers. its society 101
    Interesting enough you just tried to compare a government funded program implementing restrictions as the government implementing restrictions on sugar for everyone in all uses in all ways of life. This is nothing like the prohibition era. BTW I'm on food stamps and buy junk food all the time. Have a bag of licorice sitting right next to me. Do you know why I bought it? Because I can. I absolutely don't need it, and either do others.

Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    The right way to go about it is not targeting specific foods. It's requiring foods to have a base nutritional value to be eligible for purchase with federal dollars.
    I just want to throw out I would agree with a soda ban (I wouldn't go on candy and such just yet because it does have some nutritional value). I think people as a whole also need to get over the fact that buying fresh meat is ok if you on welfare. I rather see someone buy a cheap $5 steak to mark a special occasion for someone in the family than someone buying a $5 case of mountain dew (years ago I saw someone get verbally abused by someone who they never met before because he bought a $5 discounted steak. In the parking lot he was in tears and I talked to him about it because I was parked next to him and the reason he bought the steak was it was his birthday and he was on unemployment/having a bad year so he just wanted one moment of comfort and he still couldn't get it because some random person needed to ruin his day).

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't say I disagree. I don't think their should be an outright ban on sweets but maybe limiting them. I'm not of the mind if you're on food stamps and extremely poor you can't enjoy some luxuries but you shouldn't be spending the entire amount on junk food shit and fattening up your children with garbage food.

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    There's no evidence of scenario c). That's kinda the point that I've been harping on this entire time. If there was evidence, I'd think about supporting it.
    So if people's diet isn't responsible for their obesity, what is? Is it "thyroid problems" or are people breaking the laws of thermodynamics again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyster View Post
    There doesn't need to be evidence. The government should not support scientifically backed unhealthy habits.
    Eating a candy bar once a week is not an unhealthy habit. It's a FDA regulated food product. They're perfectly safe.
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    I'm loaning my friend money because I wanted to help him he asked for it. I'm not his father and have no business telling him what to buy with it.
    you and I differ on that then. I would be pretty insulted if the money I lent someone for real food, was spent on snacks.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    Actually, my rage issues are the problem of the welfare system. Keep me happy and you won't have problems. My rage won't go away because people keep fucking me over. I wouldn't need to use food as a coping mechanism if that wasn't the case.

People who know my personal situation and my perpetual unemployment know this as more or less people being douche bags and taking advantage of me because they think they can get away with it. Instead I prefer to sit quietly and plan my next mode of attack.
    If your that bad off, get off of mmo champ and start looking for another place to live. For less then 300$, you can pretty much uproot and go wherever you want in America. Plenty of places in this country that can't get enough people and they pay very well. The gas stations where I live pay 12$ an hour and it comes with benefits and vacation. Embrace solutions, not excuses. The kind of passive aggressive I feel like your projecting here isn't going to help you land a job or keep one at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Can't say I disagree. I don't think their should be an outright ban on sweets but maybe limiting them. I'm not of the mind if you're on food stamps and extremely poor you can't enjoy some luxuries but you shouldn't be spending the entire amount on junk food shit and fattening up your children with garbage food.
    I mean if they're talking about unhealthy foods are they also going to ban frozen dinners? Anything in the freezer section could probably be deemed unhealthy. Some of it just as bad as candy and chips.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by akris15 View Post
    I just want to throw out I would agree with a soda ban (I wouldn't go on candy and such just yet because it does have some nutritional value). I think people as a whole also need to get over the fact that buying fresh meat is ok if you on welfare. I rather see someone buy a cheap $5 steak to mark a special occasion for someone in the family than someone buying a $5 case of mountain dew (years ago I saw someone get verbally abused by someone who they never met before because he bought a $5 discounted steak. In the parking lot he was in tears and I talked to him about it because I was parked next to him and the reason he bought the steak was it was his birthday and he was on unemployment/having a bad year so he just wanted one moment of comfort and he still couldn't get it because some random person needed to ruin his day).
    I think this is an entirely different issue all together. To publicly embarrass someone on food stamps is disgusting. You (not you directly) don't know what people have or haven't been through.

You can't tell people what they can or can't buy, this is more a of a problem with the fact that everything in our grocery stores is shit. It's a corporate growth problem like everything else in America.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allerius View Post
    So if people's diet isn't responsible for their obesity, what is? Is it "thyroid problems" or are people breaking the laws of thermodynamics again?
    Access to good medical care/advice, access to good education, access to fitness activities, and yes diet. Of course.
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    you and I differ on that then. I would be pretty insulted if the money I lent someone for real food, was spent on snacks.
    Where do you draw the line on unhealthy foods? I mean pretty much everything in the freezer section is probably just as bad as candy and pop and chips. I mean if we're trying to promote a healthier lifestyle instead of just controlling a lifestyle we disagree with then why can't we look at the cost of fresh meats and vegetables? Also I would wager a guess that people on food stamps may not know how to cook. Maybe a basic cooking class could be offered for people who go on food stamps.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

every generation people go full retarded and try to restrict the things poor people buy because they forget POOR PEOPLE NEED TO SELF MEDICATE. being poor fucking sucks and if you dont have outs you go insane and shits gonna burn to the fucking ground.

you guys are acting like people on food stamps only buy junk food. no, they buy fucking food and some of it happens to be for pleasure.

Hmm, depressed people "self medicating" with a shit diet.
    a) Eating poorly makes you feel poorly
    b) Obesity is highly correlated with depression and other mood disorders (http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/products/databriefs/db167.htm)

It's almost as if these people could benefit from changing their diet. Nah, a gallon of Mountain Dew a day (#GOMDAD) should be a human right for everyone.

With your logic, how come people can't buy prepared food with food stamps

Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    If your that bad off, get off of mmo champ and start looking for another place to live. For less then 300$, you can pretty much uproot and go wherever you want in America. Plenty of places in this country that can't get enough people and they pay very well. The gas stations where I live pay 12$ an hour and it comes with benefits and vacation. Embrace solutions, not excuses. The kind of passive aggressive I feel like your projecting here isn't going to help you land a job or keep one at that.
    A. Not American
    B. I am trying and in school, government funded education
    C. It's not excuses, it's facts.
    D. Even the government, who has me on disability, is aware of the douchebaggery of society.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    I mean if they're talking about unhealthy foods are they also going to ban frozen dinners? Anything in the freezer section could probably be deemed unhealthy. Some of it just as bad as candy and chips.
    Well that's why I'm saying not an outright ban on "unhealthy" food. That would be hypocritical of me even as someone who values health, cause I eat like shit at least once a week. But with the money you get from food stamps you can buy lots of fresh produce, non high quality meats, and cook healthier low calorie meals. Spending all your money on those frozen dinners would be costly cause those things are not cheap once you start stacking them up, last for a single meal, and are loaded with more calories than you'll need. Unless it's like the only meal you eat in a day but a balanced diet is key.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Do you want to live in a free society or one completely ruled by government for peoples daily life?
    If you depend on the goverment and the tax payers to live your life, we dictate how.

Or should anyway, when it comes to bullshit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyster View Post
    I think this is an entirely different issue all together. To publicly embarrass someone on food stamps is disgusting. You (not you directly) don't know what people have or haven't been through.
    Yeah shit like this needs to stop:

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    This is wrong. I can tell you, from and adult perspective, you can spend the same amount, if not less eating a nutritious whole foods diet. As long as you aren't mildly retarded and can YouTube recipes, you can make complex meals on par or better than processed foods.

We made the switch away from processed foods about 2 months ago. Our family food bill went from about $80/wk to about $50/wk.
    You act as if time doesn't exist.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Eating a candy bar once a week is not an unhealthy habit. It's a FDA regulated food product. They're perfectly safe.
    Then put a restriction that only allow the qualified amount of sugar in a candy bar that could be consumed once a week. Or are you going to start arguing that consuming a candy bar everyday isn't bad?