Page 14 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You haven't bothered to show where I actually supported crony capitalism. Let me know when you find where I did.
    You support the businesses that use it, and defend their wealth being used to pay other people, despite a large portion of their wealth being the result of said cronyism. So you don't support further implementation of cronyism, just the wealth that has thus far been generated by it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    I wish I was. Stick around awhile you'll see the people against wage increases crying about how it's not fair that someone else negotiated a wage better than their own.
    Then you'll see these same people saying that men negotiate wages better than women and that's why they make more money.

Their self-righteous self-centered way of thinking has become pretty predictable
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    he forgets the war that made it all possible. guess we should get in another huge conflict so wages can go up with the few remaining men.
    you mean like the war in afghanistan or the one in iraq or how about those sorties in libya and syria?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Or you could apply yourselves and make something out of your life and then wealth inequality wont effect you.

Stop asking for handouts you fkn degenerates. Let the poor die. life is a competition, survival of the fittest, darwinism and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Winner of the 2016 Ayn Rand award!

I wonder who would clean the toilets once you 100 Ubermensch got done killing off all the unworthy.
    I clean up after myself because I'm not a slob, this is a thread on wealth inequality not an ad for a janitor, that site is craigslist bro.
    Come on, I'm not sitting in a dark room with fkn cheetos crumbs on my shirt.

Atlas shrugged is a good book.
    Last edited by Cynical Person; 2016-06-22 at 07:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That person does not HAVE to do anything. They chose to do that job, and they chose to not look for another. As soon as you restrict a victimless action, you are not protecting people's freedoms, you are taking them away. You are reducing the maximum possible freedom. And yes, when that system involves the force of government, it is oppressive. Otherwise, the public could do it themselves, by simply not patronizing that business. A business paying an employee what they both agree upon is not limiting his freedom, not by a long shot. He willingly made that choice, no duress was required on the part of the company.
    so because a company won't pay a living wage we then have to force other people to shop at a different store because of wage differences? isn't that restricting consumer's freedom? otherwise how is one person going to affect a business?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Funky View Post
    I clean up after myself because I'm not a dirty person. Come on, I'm not sitting in a dark room with fkn cheetos crumbs on my shirt.

The most hilarious thing about Randians is that not even Ayn Rand believed her own bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtlewithnoshell View Post
    I see what you're saying but I don't think it's worship. I think it's more of a respect for the wealth. To some extent I agree with respecting the wealthy and rich business men. It takes a lot to get to that point, even if it was parents of parents that set you up for it.
    However, there's a lot of tax evasion and shady stuff that goes on to avoid paying taxes, and that I'm against for usre.
    why should we respect wealth?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd prefer to stand by a principle of freedom, as opposed to what some may deem to be more fair. Since I do not support the corporatism that has gone on, where companies used the government to push all sorts of prohibitive legislation, I'm not going to support it when the populists try and do the same.
    but yet you continue to support their "rights" to not pay a living wage....

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The most hilarious thing about Randians is that not even Ayn Rand believed her own bullshit.
    I don't consider myself anything like that I just believe that once you're thrown into the world you ultimately take control from there and how far you go is up to you.

No one is required to aid you. Everyone starts from nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post

Then you'll see these same people saying that men negotiate wages better than women and that's why they make more money.

Their self-righteous self-centered way of thinking has become pretty predictable
    Well self-righteous would mean they're taking the moral high ground when at least two of them have been caught lying about their own wages -- My personal favorite is the guy who pats himself on the back for making $26/hour and recently claimed he made 6 figures. I mean I guess there are people out there that always work 63 hours a week, never take a day off, and never get sick....but for most of us that's not very likely. I mean you can bullshit all you want -- you just can't bullshit math. :-D

15+ Year Old Account
    It's funny because the book was written as a kind of parody "warning" of the evils of such an awful society that would do such things.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    If a company refuses to hire anyone who is part of a union, that is their choice. They don't need the government to push legislation to make that happen.

I don't want to leave corporatist legislation in place, I find it highly beneficial to get rid of such laws. I want to get rid of as many laws as possible.
    yeah the end result is barbarism where the strong dominate the weak. we tried that 10000+ years ago. didn't really work out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Nor is that how rich people would even act in the first place.
    Bears mentioning;

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I'm explicitly not talking about punishing them. You continue to misrepresent things. Requiring them to provide fair and equitable compensation is not a "punishment", it's preventing them from taking abusive action.
    By forcing them to pay more you ARE talking about punishing them. You want to force your beliefs onto them, even though they have done nothing wrong. Just because you want to try and justify it, does not change what it actually is. The person doing the oppressing will always try to justify his actions. At least you've stopped trying to push the bullshit line that a company's revenue does not belong to the company. That was pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    By forcing them to pay more you ARE talking about punishing them. You want to force your beliefs onto them, even though they have done nothing wrong. Just because you want to try and justify it, does not change what it actually is. The person doing the oppressing will always try to justify his actions. At least you've stopped trying to push the bullshit line that a company's revenue does not belong to the company. That was pathetic.
    See, you keep resorting to this completely indefensible twisting of the truth, to use biased rhetoric in place of argument.

No, mandating equitable treatment is not "punishing" employers. If they had been behaving well in the first place, it wouldn't affect them, because they'd already have been treating their employees properly. Redressing the harm they've already done is not "punishing" them.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    so because a company won't pay a living wage we then have to force other people to shop at a different store because of wage differences? isn't that restricting consumer's freedom? otherwise how is one person going to affect a business?
    It's not restricting anything, I never said you HAD to shop at a different store. You are the one bitching and whining about what the company is doing. Now, if I was forcing you to shop there, and to pay more... that's what you would be doing by forcing an increased minimum wage.

- - - Updated - - -

but yet you continue to support their "rights" to not pay a living wage....
    Absolutely. You have it in your brain that it is up to the employer to take care of the employee, that's not the fucking agreement. The employee agrees to do a job, and the employer agrees to pay them for that job. I checked my employee contract, nowhere does it say they owe me a "living wage."

- - - Updated - - -

yeah the end result is barbarism where the strong dominate the weak. we tried that 10000+ years ago. didn't really work out.
    I hope you realize, that by supporting using the government to inflict your will upon a business, that is EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE DOING.

10+ Year Old Account
    i find it amusing you keep going on about punishing corporations and then go around and get all upset when the poor want equal footing or even a living wage.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't consider myself anything like that I just believe that once you're thrown into the world you ultimately take control from there and how far you go is up to you.

No one is required to aid you. Everyone starts from nothing.
    At what age does your "ultimately take control from there" theory start?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

wealth inequity is irrelevant hollow propaganda that its only purpose is to cause envy and class warfare

proven by you answering this simple question honestly

what is better? one on the lower end of the income scale making 30k a year and one at the upper end of the economic scale making 600k a year or one on the lower economic scale making 20k a year and one on the upper economic scale making 500k a year?

according to your wealth inequality propaganda rhetoric it is better for the ones on the low end of the economic scale to make 20k a year and ones on the upper economic scale to make 500k a year because the gap is smaller less inequality

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not restricting anything, I never said you HAD to shop at a different store. You are the one bitching and whining about what the company is doing. Now, if I was forcing you to shop there, and to pay more... that's what you would be doing by forcing an increased minimum wage.

- - - Updated - - -

Absolutely. You have it in your brain that it is up to the employer to take care of the employee, that's not the fucking agreement. The employee agrees to do a job, and the employer agrees to pay them for that job. I checked my employee contract, nowhere does it say they owe me a "living wage."

- - - Updated - - -

I hope you realize, that by supporting using the government to inflict your will upon a business, that is EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE DOING.
    wow hyperbole much. gee i don't see any death squads marching to exterminate the companies that don't comply. oh let me guess LAWS ARE BARBARISM. WRONG. laws are what civilizations are based on unless your idea of living is to sit in a cabin in the middle of the woods.
    you seem to be getting quite upset over this if you claim i'm bitching and whining which indicates i've hit a nerve.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2016-06-22 at 08:17 PM.