Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huulo View Post
    Since I've been talking about actual, factual innocence and you claim now that you only meant legal innocence
    legal innocence is the only thing that matters in regards to this
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

I think you misunderstand what is meant by rape culture. It's an idea I've tried to get into in this forum, but unfortunately the discussion keeps getting derailed. When the crime occurs, there is a cultural context in which the perpetrator commits it. There is also a cultural context in which the victim decides whether or not to report it. When people such as the judge in the Brock Turner case minimize sexual assaults or dismiss them as not being real crimes (alcohol, promiscuity, etc), this contributes to that culture. I'd like to see the crimes taken more seriously, not less.
    That case was a fucking joke, and always will be. Whatever happens to Brock, he's fucked for life now. The whole world knows his face, he's going to be attacked and abused for the rest of his life, so there is some small comfort in what he lacked in prison time, is made up for with a lifetime of abuse.

That said, I don't see how that condones or supports Rape Culture. I mean the very idea that rape is seen as a non-serious crime is a joke. The reality is though that many rapes go unreported, and those that do tend to wait to do so, meaning all evidence and proof is very hard to come by.

For example, I watch a program called 24 Hours in Police Custody. A recent episode had a Woman claiming she was raped, and it all seemed to be going her way. Her reports, the evidence being collected, but slowly, more and more flaws came forward. CCTV footage disputed some of her earlier claims, and there was no evidence to support her claim.

That's not Rape Culture. That's where the police can not charge someone because they can't prove he did it. Yet, people take that as a form of Rape Culture. As if the police don't care, or didn't look hard enough, or forgot some information. No. Sometimes rapists get away because the system sucks, but most of the time, alleged rapists get away because there is not enough evidence against them.

As disgusting and vile as rape is, I would not want to start focusing on guilty because of accused when it comes to these crimes. That destroys the foundation of our justice system.

Deleted
    Thank goodness we have you here to read the minds of the people behind the study and expose their secret, unstated man-hating agendas! /s
    They werent unstated - I linked you the Mary P KOss quote - i can link you some more if you want.
    I'm sorry but you're just wrong about the meaning of the word innocence. In a legal context, it means legally innocent. Have you really never heard of its use in another context before, for example a religious one, or are you just willfully twisting my words to suit your agenda of painting me as a fanatic?
    we are talking about law and legality, unless we are veering into feminism is a religion?,anyway non legal innocence of putative criminal conduct is nonsense.

The factual errors in your previous post were numerous.
    say a single one.

I don't want to derail the conversation I'd mention for the 12th time that I was not speaking about legal culpability, but it's getting clear to me now that you'd rather just twist my words into what you want to hear.
    then fucking stop using the words innocent, guilt, innocence, in a legal context.
    I do take exception to being told I'm for rape culture, as I'm trying to combat it by encouraging dialogue, while other people on this forum have for the most part tried to shut dialogue down.
    you argue it exists, you knew perfectly well what that comment said.
    I want to foster discussion about how we view and react to rape. Their is a cultural context in which it occurs, and their was a cultural context in which the Brock Turner case occurred. I think it's worth discussing.
    sure, then a 19 year old got a reduced sentence because he was a drunk 19 year old - this is not terribly novel or weird.
    feel free to add in some racism here as he doubtlessly would have gotten more time if black, but that does not have anything to do with the matter at hand.
    Suppose you were completely right and I was completely wrong, that there are no cultural problems with "the west" (or if you prefer, the entire world). Then your argument would succeed without the need to shut down dialogue. The fact that talking about "rape culture" or "rape psychology" inspires so much rage and denial is indicative that there is something here worth discussing.
    stop confusing vociferous rejection of your positions as 'shutting down dialogue' - and the reason it pisses me off is because its essentially the protocols of the elders of Zion.

Since so many people have brought it up, I want to address the "Muslim world vs west" topic. This is of interest to me, because I've noticed that it's easier to condemn people you see as outside yourself while pardoning those seen as similar to you. Many on this forum have asserted that there is a rape culture in Muslim countries but not in the west. If you are one of those posters, what do you think makes a Muslim society (excluding terrorist groups like ISIL) have a rape culture problem? In general, when you hate someone, it's a good exercise to identify the thing in them that is most like you, then see if you still hate them.
    i don't think that the Muslim world has a rape culture problem (of women at least) the culture pretty clearly forbids rape.

10+ Year Old Account
    Adding this to the discussion. Debate as you wish.

RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post

I welcome all nude pictures of good looking women.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    People generally don't go to nearly the same lengths to rationalize it away or victim blame when it comes to other crimes.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, I'll gladly say male rape victims, while less common than female rape victims, may very well have it worse.
    More male rapes go unreported than female rapes for the very reasons that females claimed for ages they didn't report their rapes. A male getting raped was viewed worse as a man by past society than a female being raped was as a woman. Granted I'd still say more females get raped.... however by the new definitions these college kids want for rape, I'd say they'll end up upping the numbers for male rape. For example, I've known more females who prey on drunk males than vice versa. Hell I actually had a friend who basically said to a large group of us that she raped a guy and nothing was done(he was slipping in and out of consciousness while she mounted him and DID not want her).

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    More male rapes go unreported than female rapes for the very reasons that females claimed for ages they didn't report their rapes. A male getting raped was viewed worse as a man by past society than a female being raped was as a woman. Granted I'd still say more females get raped.... however by the new definitions these college kids want for rape, I'd say they'll end up upping the numbers for male rape. For example, I've known more females who prey on drunk males than vice versa. Hell I actually had a friend who basically said to a large group of us that she raped a guy and nothing was done(he was slipping in and out of consciousness while she mounted him and DID not want her).
    I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of rapes of males go unreported. I doubt that there are more male rape victims than females though (although if I ever see evidence to the contrary I would not reject the idea. I think that creating a more supportive climate for victims who come forward will be good for both males and females though. Honestly, when we make society worse for women, it usually ends up making it worse for men at the same time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I welcome all nude pictures of good looking women.
    Consider this: when nudes are leaked (which really means stolen) or released to the public when they were only meant for private use, it makes women less likely to take nudes. The risk would be too great. We would move closer to a society in which expressions of sexuality are made to feel shameful. So if we create a demand for stolen nudes by looking at them online, we're ultimately hurting both the direct victims and ourselves.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of rapes of males go unreported. I doubt that there are more male rape victims than females though (although if I ever see evidence to the contrary I would not reject the idea. I think that creating a more supportive climate for victims who come forward will be good for both males and females though. Honestly, when we make society worse for women, it usually ends up making it worse for men at the same time.
    I said there are probably more female rapes still, but this notion that more female rapes go unreported is nonsense for the very reasons they claim female rapes go unreported. If all unreported rapes were brought to light however, I think that the gap between who gets raped would definitely be brought closer to something like 40/60.

Women are making society worse for everyone with their witch hunts at the moment and third wave feminism. They aren't trying to make things better. For example this whole "I should be topless whenever I want" and yet in the same breath "Don't stare at me!" meanwhile women are stoned in the middle east for getting raped.

Goblin P:

I wasn't going to respond to you at first because you've continued to misconstrue my words, twist them beyond recognition, and attempt to move them into a completely different context. (example: the ridiculous assertion that I was saying feminism was a religion, when that wasn't even close to what I wrote). This is either deliberate on your part or else you simply lack the reading comprehension to grasp my points, so you lash out in anger against certain phrases. However, unlike some posters, I am interested in uncovering facts and not pushing a narrow agenda, so I did go back through the things you said and, upon further research, I found something I think you're right about. The CDC does not do a good enough job of tracking rapes of males. This is a serious problem, and it is likely a form of rape culture as it dismisses many rapes with male victims. If you really cared about this issue though, you would welcome discussion about how rape culture effects men and women.

From Google...

Fermented rape products, also known as cultured rape, cultured rape products, or rape culture, are rapes that have been fermented with unwanted semen and bacteria such as Lactobacillus, Lactococcus, and Leuconostoc.

I personally like almond rape.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Another one of those awesome OP's who writes " I don't know about X" then proceeds to tell people that they are wrong about X
    In my defence the question was answered after post 3 was it? My opinion was formed on that definition

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    The amount of 'I've never seen it therefore it doesn't exist' logic fails in this thread... is about on par with this off topic forum.
    For something to be a culture in my eyes it needs to be a significant number of people saying "Rape is cool" and nobody can provide a %. Naturally 3rd world countries have issues but saying Europe has a rape culture problem is factually incorrect

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    whos allergic to models posing nude?
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Rape culture is when victims in court have to say what they were wearing during the night they got raped or when people don't believe the person because he/she was drunk.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumba View Post
    Rape culture is when victims in court have to say what they were wearing during the night
    don't really know how law works eh?

Rapes don't always have solid evidence, and rarely have witnesses. Your left with personal attacks to make the opposing side look like their full of shit

- - - Updated - - -

person because he/she was drunk.
    and as the above said, being drunk makes a witness not all that reliable

Rape culture is when victims in court have to say what they were wearing during the night they got raped or when people don't believe the person because he/she was drunk.
    An intoxicated witness isn't reliable

law common sense 101

It's a made up term by the Feminists to demean all Men, even those who are innocent.

Feminists, wants domination, not just equality (and women has equality, for a long time now). Feminists are like a cancer in your body, and such thing needs to be get rid off, permanently.

Deleted
    Goblin P:

I wasn't going to respond to you at first because you've continued to misconstrue my words, twist them beyond recognition, and attempt to move them into a completely different context. (example: the ridiculous assertion that I was saying feminism was a religion,
    , unless we are veering into feminism is a religion?,
    That's a question - If anything else i write is hard to parse for you please say so.
    when that wasn't even close to what I wrote). This is either deliberate on your part or else you simply lack the reading comprehension to grasp my points,
    Oh the hilarity.
    so you lash out in anger against certain phrases. However, unlike some posters, I am interested in uncovering facts and not pushing a narrow agenda, so I did go back through the things you said and, upon further research, I found something I think you're right about. The CDC does not do a good enough job of tracking rapes of males. This is a serious problem, and it is likely a form of rape culture as it dismisses many rapes with male victims. If you really cared about this issue though, you would welcome discussion about how rape culture effects men and women.
    No i wouldn't - because 'rape culture' is feminist nonsense - nothing positive will ever be found in it for men, what you are trying to do is to classic feminism by Co-opting other issues and pretending they are feminist issues.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon-Man View Post
    Feminists are like a cancer in your body, and such thing needs to be get rid off, permanently.
    they pretty much accomplished their main goals already

But just cant the fact of patting each other on the back and going home, so they make up bullshit 'issues' to justify their continued existence

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become a villain.

- Frminism

Rape culture as defined by the ever screaming vocal minority, comprised primarily of man-hating feminists, does not exist. They just love to go around claiming shit like all men victim blame, rationalise rape, etc. So they cling to outliers like the Brock Turner case (which was a fucking circus by any account) to hold up as if everyone is like that, and as if all men are rapists in the making.

That notion is, to put it politely, fucking insane. Realistically the average person (male, female or otherwise) in modern society condemns things like that case without hesitation.

The most mind blowing thing about these situations to me these days though? The fact my sister and mother actually have FAR more of a distate for all this bullshit than I do... Simply because for women it is absolutely starting to do more harm than good. So to those that corrupted and hijacked true feminism, you're digging a grave for your own gender far quicker than anyone else ever could and you don't even realise it.