I don't think it will become instant (hint: Blizzard hate casters and absolutely don't want casters to be mobile in Legion), although 2 seconds cast time is too much. 1.5s before haste is more common for SP.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

I don't think any of us would enjoy an uncontrollable aoe ability that has to be used to get into voidform. Would be a nightmare for dungeons and pvp and certain raid encounters. So I think that this particular ability only hitting things with dots on them is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by RsinRC View Post
    You're right. I misread it and all the numbers poppin up after casting made me think otherwise. @illr If it worked how i thought it wouldve been sexy. Atleast the eruption does pretty good damage.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
    Ah ah yeah if it was doing what you originally thought it did... that would be cool

What I am saying is : having a cast time to enter our dps form is a huge nerf in term of "fun" and a nerf because we all know what a cast time means. While the damage is good, I don't think it's high enough to compensate from the drawbacks of having a cast time. See what I mean ?

I'd love for it to refresh dots on all targets (or on target close to our current target location) because it's literally what a lot of SP have been asking for a long time !

Homophobia is so gay.

Make it castable while moving, perhaps? I can already envision many awkward spots where such a crucial part of your rotation is contingent on you standing still.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Make it castable while moving, perhaps? I can already envision many awkward spots where such a crucial part of your rotation is contingent on you standing still.
    To be fair, how often will you want to be activating voidform when you can't stand still? Without being able to use mind blast or mind flay, I feel like you're gonna run out of energy pretty quick.

Quote Originally Posted by nethara View Post
    To be fair, how often will you want to be activating voidform when you can't stand still? Without being able to use mind blast or mind flay, I feel like you're gonna run out of energy pretty quick.
    Any time you may be trying to kite something, and a majority of PvP encounters. Because it's not an actual CD as we know them and is considered part of our base rotation (think mini sine wave with peaks and valleys for DPS - peak during voidform, valley outside), delaying voidform becomes a DPS loss in most scenarios. Currently SW: P duration is causing a huge headache and a very unfriendly/un-intuitive rotation.

What are they aiming for? First VF feels so very painfully slow, but is that because the rest of the time the rotation is sped up due to haste values? Should we be getting into our first VF without refreshing SW: P? Or is it intended for us to refresh dots prior to first VF (again, clunky design with VB auto refreshing, leads the user to believe they shouldn't need to refresh outside of VF...)?

So did everyone miss this?

Sinister Thoughts (Rank 1) Increases damage done by Void Bolt by 8%. 15%.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    It got a bit overshadowed by the new shiny spell.

15+ Year Old Account
    Rait was on it pages back. No one discussed it after.

Quote Originally Posted by Rait View Post
    Sinister Thoughts (Rank 1) Increases damage done by Void Bolt by 15%.

Yeah that's nice SWP also got buffed I think.

But yeah, a new spell this late kinda took everyone by surprise I think, so that's why we're talking about it more.

Homophobia is so gay.

The tick damage got brought up to the same level the instant damage was buffed to, yeah. I wouldn't be surprised if they intended to buff SW:P and VT at the same time and only buffed the initial damage by mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Yeah that's nice SWP also got buffed I think.

But yeah, a new spell this late kinda took everyone by surprise I think, so that's why we're talking about it more.
    Particularly since they stated no mechanical changes and told Frost mages about the upcoming Flurry spell. The only other mention of the Sinister Thoughts buff was if it affected the Explosion spell, but no one responded.

I thought people would be all over the infinite stacking mind spike...

Quote Originally Posted by Nycros View Post
    Imma test that :P

- - - Updated - - -

Still only stacks to 10.

It's still a stupid talent that has no place in our toolkit.

Homophobia is so gay.

Imma test that :P

- - - Updated - - -

Still only stacks to 10.
    Yeah, thought it might have just been an accidental tooltip cut. Would've made for some amusing fights tho...
    @Ilir yeah I know, Mind flay is our iconic filler. Mind Spike looks and sounds cool, but should have been implemented ONLY in a 'surge of darkness' type fashion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, thought it might have just been an accidental tooltip cut. Would've made for some amusing fights tho...
    @Ilir yeah I know, Mind flay is our iconic filler. Mind Spike looks and sounds cool, but should have been implemented ONLY in a 'surge of darkness' type fashion.
    9 minute fight.

wipe on minutes 3, 4, 6, 7. Recount 93% damage from mind spike...
    Next pull, 7 minutes 30 seconds in, StM, void torrent, mind blast...OMFG FRAGGABOOM taking boss from 11% to 1%.
    Now THAT is an execute talent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    It's still a stupid talent that has no place in our toolkit.
    I don't mind it in our toolkit in its current (cleave) iteration, but it has no place as a talent. At least not a level 100 talent. Maybe in Void Ray's spot as a cleave option... Or make ToF baseline and put it there. It is unbalanceable versus StM.

I think everything is almost unbalanceable versus StM. I'm honestly not a fan of these new changes. I would love it if we could cast our new spell at less than 70/100 insanity.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a fan of the new changes. I think the new spell [Void Eruption] is a great idea and has the potential to do a lot to fix some of our complaints. I'm currently working on my consolidated talent and legendary feedback.
    Vindicatum - US-Icecrown
    8/10M - 10hr raiding schedule

Twitter: @Tanned_
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/tanned_priest