Page 91 of 138 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I never quite realised how many finance/Hollywood/movie/everything experts there were on this website.
    all your expert are belong to us lol

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Made double it's budget on cinema sales alone, will go past triple when you add in home media sales.

Sure, it's a flop.
    Oh look, another person who thinks marketing is free and theaters don't need to be paid. If we had a nickle for every ignorant post like this coming in here we'd have enough money to fund the sequel.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamil84 View Post
    You are so blind, keep eating GMO, McDonalds and fluoridated water. .Anyways not talking more about this, cause going offtopic.- - - Updated - - -Everything is so shady with numbers. Considering the movie did not have known actors one can just guess that 160 million production cost may not be real. And the Marketing costs, that we got really no idea what they are, could be less than half than ppl are saying so the movie can be making a lot of money as we speak but we think they still have to break even lol.
    Talk about conspiracy theorist. Nearly all your food is GMO. Farmers created hybrid corn and other vegetables before your parents were born. But if eating hybrid wheat caused less people to see the movie in the USA then start burning the fields.You must've missed Warcraft being shown on TV commercials for months. That costs $$$$$$$. Lots of it.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Domestic box office hasn't been the #1 source of return on investment for movies for at least a year now. There's a reason everyone's favorite director Michael Bay has been courting China at least far back as Transformers 4. If Warcraft makes hundreds of millions of dollars overseas, we can't discount those box office returns because "wasn't in 'Murica so dudn't count!" At least for big-budget, blockbuster type movies, Hollywood is a city that exists half in California and half in northern China.

Deleted
    Flopped in America, but in Europe and China its running pretty good. It was obvious that Americans don't like a Movie without Guns and Explosions! But they like shitty Movies like Iron Man or Jurrassic Park 2016

Quote Originally Posted by EVGAFAVOR View Post
    Flopped in America, but in Europe and China its running pretty good. It was obvious that Americans don't like a Movie without Guns and Explosions! But they like shitty Movies like Iron Man or Jurrassic Park 2016
    and LotR. Funny that way I guess.

I'm pretty sure this movie made more in one month than everyone in this thread did in a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    if you really think that blizzard was aware of how big china was going to be, don't you think they'd have included some more asian characters in the movie?=
    Why do you think Daniel Wu was cast? He's really big in China

Quote Originally Posted by Funky View Post
    I'm pretty sure this movie made more in one month than everyone in this thread did in a year.
    Um. It lost money as of right now. So even if I had 5 bucks in my account I'd be more successful than this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    Oh look, another person who thinks marketing is free and theaters don't need to be paid. If we had a nickle for every ignorant post like this coming in here we'd have enough money to fund the sequel.
    How many posts on the subject have you made? This might actually be true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    Um. It lost money as of right now. So even if I had 5 bucks in my account I'd be more successful than this movie.
    You don't know that. You have no idea as to what it made besides box office. How much merch (books, toys w/e) has sold.

Quote Originally Posted by karzal View Post
    You don't know that. You have no idea as to what it made besides box office. How much merch (books, toys w/e) has sold.
    Nobody knows. We all have access to the same information, there's just a faction of people who look at the information and say, "holy shit, this movie did great can't wait for the sequels!" (typically fans), then there's another faction of people who look at it and say, "it did well but I'm unsure whether it's hit the mark necessary to guarantee sequels yet" (typically described by fans as haters).

I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. The movie has done well but I think if a sequel is greenlit it might remain in development hell for a long time before we see it. (Think 2018-2019 at the earliest.)

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    I love coming into this thread, because you know that every page someone will jump in and say "what do you mean flop? It cost $160m and it has made nearly $400m!!!!!"

I despair for the future of humanity, but it is still amusing.
    I too despair for the future of humanity as your post displays such ignorance there is no hope for your ilk.

160m was just the production budget for the film. That does not include marketing and promotion. This movie needed to make 450m to break even.

A lucky China opening only saved it from being the worst financial disaster of a film ever. As it stands it was just a 70 million dollar loser.

Floppity, Floppity, Flop Flop Flop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thelightthatstrays View Post
    I too despair for the future of humanity as your post displays such ignorance there is no hope for your ilk.

160m was just the production budget for the film. That does not include marketing and promotion. This movie needed to make 450m to break even.

A lucky China opening only saved it from being the worst financial disaster of a film ever. As it stands it was just a 70 million dollar loser.

Didn't they intend to have a huge opening in China? That was the goal at least... If the goal succeeded it's not a flop.

These threads are funny, like, great examples of how bad at math people can be.

Deleted

ah well, please do not forget that the DVD is not even released, yet. If everyone stating he is "excited" for a possible "director's cut" will spend 15 bucks on a BluRay/DVD, I have high hopes.
    Besides, executives kind of confirmed a sequel. I'm going wild and will just assume that they do know more about their revenues

But well, if I take your post, THAT is a floppity floppity flop flop (a third "flop" just doesn't sound right).

10+ Year Old Account

Box office mojo doesn't update foreign ticket sales as often as it does domestic. The $380m number is 3-4 days old so take that lower than the actual sales as of right now. There's a good chance it's near 400m or higher right now.

Also since ticket sales aren't 100% revenue 70m short on sales isn't a 70m shortfall for the movie itself, it would be closer to 35m approximately.

lol I love how the creator of this thread is banned and yet people are still posting in it.

Somehow everything that doesn't do well in America is a flop. Warcraft opened first on almost every box office in Europe. It was a big hit in China. US citizens aren't the only people that go see movies. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    How many posts on the subject have you made? This might actually be true.
    Zero.
    10char