Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Eh, losing interest to be honest as I didn't expect features I've enjoyed about the game to get reverted or pulled out from under my feet again.

Dungeon changes

PVP looking like a shitfest

Bloods not BoA as they should be

I think I'm better off sticking with FFXIV (with its harder dungeons and can random any raid I want fail or success be damned) with its no restrictions on dungeon/raid content. Friends are trying to get me to play it again but I don't like when a company changes shit that doesn't need changing outside of doing it for a chest thump.
    If you have friends to do the content with I see no problems whatsoever, however, for someone like me who only has friends that wants to PvP - well theres the real problem.

Many players have realized, that they don't care about this "hardcore" stuff. Also Legion have been in development for so long, that many players got bored of it even before it's release.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    If you have friends to do the content with I see no problems whatsoever, however, for someone like me who only has friends that wants to PvP - well theres the real problem.
    Its about the principle really as I can easily do the content and the myriad ways of getting gear only reinforces that. I just don't like changes that seem like bad deals overall for the majority plus I'm just a stubborn asshole.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Deleted
    I guess the hype train starts once blizzard starts releasing some videos and cinematics.

But other than that, yeah I agree with most people here, that WoD was so bad, that everyone is not convinced about joining the hype until they see that its actually good.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Hahaha, I know it sounds crazy but it's true! I go like, really ham on it. It's kind of become a ritual that me and some friends of mine do every expansion launch. Before the expansion launch we get everything ready, hundreds of pots, food, flasks, ~500k-1m gold at least and we plan out our leveling routes. We get our preferred rations set up beforehand, (I prefer all natural fruit juice) then 30 minutes before launch we all get on voice chat together. Then we race to max level as fast as possible. Sometimes we're solo, sometimes we group up, depending on what we think will be most efficient. Then at max level we just play the game. Blow the fuck out of some heroic dungeons and just have a good time.

I know I take it too seriously; I mean I actually go on a diet and start working out more a couple months before launch just so I can push harder. Honestly though that first ~3 days of an expansion where we just go absolutely fucking ham is some of the most fun I've ever had in a game and it's something I really look forward to.

I don't fault people that don't play the game this way. I mean, I usually take an alt back through the questing later once things have died down a bit, just so I can take things slow and read all the quest text.
    LOL...actually sounds like fun now that you spell it all out. Well I'm glad you have fun. I USED to at least do the part of quest and chat with some friends who played the game -- but they no longer play ...last one left WoW mid WoD. I am on a "polite and friendly" basis is one guild (a very casual guild I've known for a few years)...they are nice folks...but they are more family oriented so ..with my buddies that used to play it was come as you are -- whatever stupid jokes you make on voice chat ... so be it...cuss like a truck driver whatever... the only three rules we had to cussing and telling all our stupid jokes along the way a) not when kids are listening to us, b) not when we are raiding / serious pvp / trying to focus and c) It has to be funny...you stream out a line of cuss words but its stupid shit...people would pile up on you making fun of you ....kind of odd just how the group was what can I say...it was good times.

I'm blattering on and on....anyway have fun...just remember to like drink and bathroom breaks and all that stuff..lol... I'm working the week Legion releases so I can't go all marathon with the game for at least the first week maybe even the 2nd week after it comes out.

Definitely looking forward to it though.