Page 1 of 2
LastLast

(Festering) Woundless Unholy

So, you think tuning will fix it or is it intended as a playstyle? Personally I think it isn't intended, as there are so many mechanics going off of festering wounds.

We shall see!

Got a link to a video or talent calc? I'm interested in seeing how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Volendrung View Post
    Got a link to a video or talent calc? I'm interested in seeing how it works.
    Its summed up in this reddit thread.
    Basically ranged UH DK ignoring the key mecanics of the spec. Even tho its kinda cool, ignoring the new mecanic we got, plus the weird interactions CS has with DnD/Defile, I suspect this will be fixed in tuning.
    <Prepull> Frostmane EU
    Monk
    DK
    YouTube
    Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Begnt View Post
    Basically ranged UH DK ignoring the key mecanics of the spec. Even tho its kinda cool, ignoring the new mecanic we got, plus the weird interactions CS has with DnD/Defile, I suspect this will be fixed in tuning.
    Very interesting. Thanks for the link. I'll have to check it out when I get home.

i need more than one fruitcake spouting accusations to believe that this is true

notice how its all word of mouth and no logs to back it up

Quote Originally Posted by zaino View Post
    i need more than one fruitcake spouting accusations to believe that this is true

notice how its all word of mouth and no logs to back it up
    It's mostly from Festering Strike being all physical damage and getting some hefty reductions from armor and Clawing Shadows being all Shadow damage with a very very high Mastery coefficient.

For me currently with an 816 artifact weapon i get about 118k damage on average per Festering Strike (Including the on average 3 Festering Wounds) Which comes up to 59k per Rune Spent. With Clawing Shadows my 1 Rune SS/CS does 60k damage with 39% mastery.

That's very close, but more Mastery (Which easy very easy to get) would skew it so much more in Clawing Shadows favor and when you throw in Scourge of Worlds and Scourge The Unbeliever it's entirely possible to ignore Festering Wounds for Most if not All of a fight.

does mastery actually scale that well at level 110? what mastery are people having? my dk with pvp gear is sitting around 60% mastery on the ptr

edit: i also want to see comparable dps on a pure ST fight since all the dummies epidemic and outbreak would spread to them since there is like 1 dummy in the entire game that is alone
    Last edited by zaino; 2016-06-23 at 05:32 AM.

does mastery actually scale that well at level 110? what mastery are people having? my dk with pvp gear is sitting around 60% mastery on the ptr
    2700 Mastery for me is about +19.3% more shadow damage and both my Haste and Crit are at about 5,500 and they're only at +17% and +16% respectively. It's also only at average ilevel 802. So if you really went after Mastery you would be able to get alot of it by the time you're raid ready. Especially if you get Rings/Necklaces leaning towards Mastery.

another thing i noticed is that rune of the fallen crusader doesnt proc either

so you trade off 20% shadow damage for

melee

sudden doom

festering strike + wounds

apocolypse

fallen crusader

I can see this being viable in pvp and low level pve but not from a min max raiding perspective

another thing i noticed is that rune of the fallen crusader doesnt proc either

so you trade off 20% shadow damage for

melee

sudden doom

festering strike + wounds

apocolypse

fallen crusader

I can see this being viable in pvp and low level pve but not from a min max raiding perspective
    Ohhh, a Pure Ranged Build? That'd be a really big dps loss. Like 6-7% from melee damage and even more from 8 wound Apocalypse with working Traits for it.

I mean it could work if you didnt mind a damage loss. Thought you were just talking about a festering strike/woundless build.

Quote Originally Posted by jwtelesio View Post
    Ohhh, a Pure Ranged Build? That'd be a really big dps loss. Like 6-7% from melee damage and even more from 8 wound Apocalypse with working Traits for it.

I mean it could work if you didnt mind a damage loss. Thought you were just talking about a festering strike/woundless build.
    yeah this fruit cake thinks hes a genius or something

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20745294679

I can see an almost festerless build working where you only festering so you can apocalypse literally right after but ranged only is a dumb idea
    Last edited by zaino; 2016-06-23 at 06:10 AM.

yeah this fruit cake thinks hes a genius or something

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20745294679

I can see an almost festerless build working where you only festering so you can apocalypse literally right after
    It's not like he's pushing how it's top dps or anything. Just pointed out that since CS scaling can make Festering Strike/Wounds unnecessary you don't lose that much DPS by being ranged only and that it should be fixed.

It does actually proc Fallen Crusader though and honestly might "only" lose 10%-20% dps from not being in melee at all if you invested super heavily in mastery, but i'd have to test that out.

It's not like he's pushing how it's top dps or anything. Just pointed out that since CS scaling can make Festering Strike/Wounds unnecessary you don't lose that much DPS by being ranged only and that it should be fixed.

It does actually proc Fallen Crusader though and honestly might "only" lose 10%-20% dps from not being in melee at all if you invested super heavily in mastery, but i'd have to test that out.
    fallen crusader does proc?

i have insane uptime when i am in melee but i was trying his build out on the dummy and didnt get a single proc in like 2 and a half minutes i was trying it

maybe i just had beyond terrible luck

Deleted
    Doesn't matter one bit. Those who want the most dmg will still stay in melee and white dmg and FC procs (which do proc, at least for me).

If someone wants to do ~10% less dmg because of wannabe ranged on mostly melee class then lol. Would first tell to play normally and if it wouldn't work would bench that player.

No Fallen Crusader
    No white dmg
    No Sudden Doom
    Less Scourge of the World procs since no SD procs
    No festering strike dmg + runic power generation from it
    No Apocalypse for dmg and ghouls
    No Soul Reaper usage
    No Dark Arbiter runic dump due to a lto worse runic gen and less SD + DC

All of that and more for what? Staying at 30y away spamming less keys and snoozing? Meh. Have "fun" with this boring stuff.

I will have me 70%melee/30% ranged dk instead of full ranged.
    Last edited by mmoc3d7f422663; 2016-06-23 at 09:20 AM.

Clawing Shadows doesn't have weird interactions with DND/Defile. It works just as it has said for a while, while you are in your DND/Defile your SS/CS will cleave targets near what you're hitting. If you drop DnD on a group of mobs, but somehow manage to not stand in it, your SS won't cleave.
    Clawing Shadows just has the ability to be used at range so you can drop DND on yourself and cleave onto the adds at range.

Also it's already been brought up to devs/mentioned to Skullflower for him to report. FW is just really weak right now and that's why we don't use em, they aren't worth the damage for the cost it takes to apply them. So this will be fixed.
    fallen crusader does proc?

i have insane uptime when i am in melee but i was trying his build out on the dummy and didnt get a single proc in like 2 and a half minutes i was trying it

maybe i just had beyond terrible luck
    If you didn't get it to prob it could just be a bug. It 100% does proc from CD though.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's just not intended. It's like DW UH back in Cata, with the exception that I don't think this one will reach live. Ranged UH sounds super cool but damn it, I'm a melee kind of guy!

7+ Year Old Account
    Personally I like the idea of a ranged necromancer, that being said, this will probably be fixed once we get our artifact weapon.

2700 Mastery for me is about +19.3% more shadow damage and both my Haste and Crit are at about 5,500 and they're only at +17% and +16% respectively. It's also only at average ilevel 802. So if you really went after Mastery you would be able to get alot of it by the time you're raid ready. Especially if you get Rings/Necklaces leaning towards Mastery.
    you start with 0 haste and 0 crit when you have 0 rating, but mastery always has a higher starting point even with 0 rating, hence the difference in %

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, it's not like 'Woundless Unholy' is REALLY woundless. You will still gain DPS from making sure you get 8 ghouls out of Apocalypse (with Artifact trait this will get you a damage increase), plus popping wounds will still give you RP which will help you get a bigger (better!) Val'Kyr. TL;DR: Woundless Unholy uses high Mastery to remove Festering Strike from your rotation when you're NOT setting up your important cooldowns. That's not really a big deal - you'll likely still be able to differentiate players who don't bother to use Wounds from players who do. I would call that good class design, but w/e.

Quote Originally Posted by Berri View Post
    To be fair, it's not like 'Woundless Unholy' is REALLY woundless. You will still gain DPS from making sure you get 8 ghouls out of Apocalypse (with Artifact trait this will get you a damage increase), plus popping wounds will still give you RP which will help you get a bigger (better!) Val'Kyr. TL;DR: Woundless Unholy uses high Mastery to remove Festering Strike from your rotation when you're NOT setting up your important cooldowns. That's not really a big deal - you'll likely still be able to differentiate players who don't bother to use Wounds from players who do. I would call that good class design, but w/e.
    Apocalypse and the army of the dead ghouls/related traits haven't been worth using for a while. Army ghouls hit for almost nothing, their traits were bugged either not working or doing puny amount of damage. The only time you used FS, was during DA to get ~34 runic from them popping all at once since you were using FS as a faster runic gain anyways. Other than that you ignored Apocalypse till DA was up again.