Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    "Rape Culture is an environment in which rape is prevalent and in which sexual violence against women is normalized and excused in the media and popular culture."

"In feminist theory, rape culture is a setting in which rape is pervasive and normalized due to societal attitudes about gender and sexuality. The sociology of rape culture is studied academically by feminists. There is disagreement over what defines a rape culture and as to whether any given societies meet the criteria to be considered a rape culture."

There is a whole wiki page on this subject: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_culture
    so...islam?

Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    so...islam?
    Religion, open up a holy text some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon-Man View Post
    It's a made up term by the Feminists to demean all Men, even those who are innocent.

Feminists, wants domination, not just equality (and women has equality, for a long time now). Feminists are like a cancer in your body, and such thing needs to be get rid off, permanently.
    I'm just curious, have you read any of the thread? A major topic has been that rapes against men are not taken seriously enough either. You seem to have very strong feelings about what you perceive Feminism to be. To you think it's possible you're generalizing based on a few extreme examples?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huulo View Post
    you perceive Feminism to be.
    Everyone who isn't a 3rd wave feminist knows that it really means - FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    don't really know how law works eh?

Rapes don't always have solid evidence, and rarely have witnesses. Your left with personal attacks to make the opposing side look like their full of shit

- - - Updated - - -

and as the above said, being drunk makes a witness not all that reliable
    Do you find it interesting that even when there actually were multiple witnesses in the Brock Turner case, people still blamed alcohol an promiscuity and the judge handed down a light sentence?

What do you think should happen to a rape victim that was intoxicated? Should they come forward? Under what circumstances would intoxication of the defendant be a valid defense?

Also, if you were raped while you were unconscious, how do you think you would handle it?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    people still blamed alcohol an promiscuity and the judge handed down a light sentence?
    then he must have a pretty good attorney
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Everyone who isn't a 3rd wave feminist knows that it really means - FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS
    Does this mean that you don't think women face any problems in modern society? Do you think they are more vulnerable to rape and assault?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also, if you were raped while you were unconscious, how do you think you would handle it?
    completely irrelevant

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    What do you think should happen to a rape victim that was intoxicated?
    same thing for a sober person, if their willing to present an argument that would easier for the defense to attack

The only "bias" or "culture" against rape is that its not always easy to prove in court.

- - - Updated - - -

Does this mean that you don't think women face any problems in modern society? Do you think they are more vulnerable to rape and assault?
    Compared to other socities with more serious issues? Hell to the fuck no. Feminism today complains about stupid shit like mansplaining or being called bossy

Women are more likely to be raped? Well men are more likely to face threats/violence in general.
    This isn't some competition to see who is the most oppressed
    Last edited by Dreknar20; 2016-06-22 at 10:32 PM.

completely irrelevant
    Perhaps in your view, but I think it's the most important question to ask ourselves relative to this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Compared to other socities with more serious issues? Hell to the fuck no. Feminism today complains about stupid shit like mansplaining or being called bossy

Women are more likely to be raped? Well men are more likely to face threats/violence in general.
    You're right that it isn't a competition, this is something I've tried to point out before. I've written a lot about how men can also be victims of rape and how our culture can make it hard on them as well.

Just because a problem exists somewhere else in the world does not mean that another problem right in front of us must be ignored.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post

No i wouldn't - because 'rape culture' is feminist nonsense - nothing positive will ever be found in it for men, what you are trying to do is to classic feminism by Co-opting other issues and pretending they are feminist issues.
    What issues do you think I am trying to co-opt as feminist issues? Keep in mind, I never even used to word feminism until you kept bringing it up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post

No i wouldn't - because 'rape culture' is feminist nonsense - nothing positive will ever be found in it for men, what you are trying to do is to classic feminism by Co-opting other issues and pretending they are feminist issues.
    What issues do you think I am trying to co-opt as feminist issues? Keep in mind, I never even used to word feminism until you kept bringing it up.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just because a problem exists somewhere else in the world does not mean that another problem right in front of us must be ignored.
    cept the level of problem is exaggerated. Rape in the US is neither prevelant nor a crisis.

All this 'rape-culture' and victim blaming bullshit stem from rape having a high burden a proof. Which it should due to it being a felony.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    Well, I didn't imply that. I implayed that there is a problem within Islam as no other religion nowadays is leading to things certain people do in the name of Islam or justify by Islam. I don't know Islam that well to say what has to change but I think it's rather obvious something has to change and that is in the best interest of muslims to work on that change.

For example, the pedophilia issue within Catholic Church, while being lied about for far too long, is being condemned by christians. People who even try to justify it (and there were cases) were being ostirsized by most of the christians. The bottom line is, pedophilia within Catholic Church is reponsibility of the Church and has to be resolved by the Church and its members. Also, noone is forbidding talking about bad things that happen within Christian churches. While if someone even tries to criticize Islam they are called an islamophobe.
    Well, actions of ISIS are also condemned by local Muslims.

>While if someone even tries to criticize Islam they are called an islamophobe.

Eh... what are you doing right now, if not criticising Islam? The reason people are called Islamophobes is because people who criticise Islam usually degenerate into angry and often racist folk (just see how the word "shitskin" is used liberally by our oh-so-noble protectors of European values of laicite and tolerance).
    The shadowy Daughter of Urthona stood before red Orc,
    When fourteen suns had faintly journey'd o'er his dark abode:
    His food she brought in iron baskets, his drink in cups of iron:
    Crown'd with a helmet and dark hair the nameless female stood;

They face problems.
    Men face problems
    Even animals face problems.

But current feminists beleive only WESTERN WOMEN face problems that need adreasing. Problems like dudes spreading their legs when they sit down.

Meanwhile women are stoned to death and raped in the Middle East, but for some reason feminists are all quick to jump on Islams dick and ignore it.

Feminism ran its course in the west. GG you won. Now either prove you stand for equality and defend some unfair things in the lives of men,or take your ass to other places that need your help.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheImperios View Post

Eh... what are you doing right now, if not criticising Islam? The reason people are called Islamophobes is because people who criticise Islam usually degenerate into angry and often racist folk (just see how the word "shitskin" is used liberally by our oh-so-noble protectors of European values of laicite and tolerance).
    For fucks sake that's a lie. The problem is people ignore the magnitudes of criticism and pick the few ignorant remarks. It's the same tactic Sony used with their trailer review. It's literally the go to move and we see through it.

Meanwhile , if you so much as point out that some feminists are rad man haters, those same folks go true Scotsman and act like the few bad eggs don't ruin the batch. Pure hypocrisy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    They face problems.
    Men face problems
    Even animals face problems.

But current feminists beleive only WESTERN WOMEN face problems that need adreasing. Problems like dudes spreading their legs when they sit down.

Meanwhile women are stoned to death and raped in the Middle East, but for some reason feminists are all quick to jump on Islams dick and ignore it.

Feminism ran its course in the west. GG you won. Now either prove you stand for equality and defend some unfair things in the lives of men,or take your ass to other places that need your help.

- - - Updated - - -

For fucks sake that's a lie. The problem is people ignore the magnitudes of criticism and pick the few ignorant remarks. It's the same tactic Sony used with their trailer review. It's literally the go to move and we see through it.

Meanwhile , if you so much as point out that some feminists are rad man haters, those same folks go true Scotsman and act like the few bad eggs don't ruin the batch. Pure hypocrisy.
    What I am saying is mostly my experience. The most outspoken "critics of Islam" I have seen are either racist or Middle Easterners themselves.

There are of course many moderates, but... the same can be said of Muslims, eh?
    The shadowy Daughter of Urthona stood before red Orc,
    When fourteen suns had faintly journey'd o'er his dark abode:
    His food she brought in iron baskets, his drink in cups of iron:
    Crown'd with a helmet and dark hair the nameless female stood;

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Awesome then! [Another I]case solved[/I] by MMO-Champion forum users. I will alert Wikipedia and all sectors of study.
    That's rich coming from a moderator...

I mean I know its a volunteer job, but its one you signed up for. To devalue a person's opinion (and lets be clear there is a difference between disagreement and devaluing) is to discourage discussion. If there is no discussion... there isn't a whole lot of purpose for this website is there? It is primarily a discussion forum after all.

Seriously, how do these guys become mods?

- - - Updated - - -

same thing for a sober person, if their willing to present an argument that would easier for the defense to attack

The only "bias" or "culture" against rape is that its not always easy to prove in court.

- - - Updated - - -

Lets be clear that rape culture has little or nothing to do with actual rape.

It is about oppressed feelings, or rather feelings of oppression... given the circular reasoning of modern feminism, rape culture can be defined loosely as anything one finds offensive.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    That's rich coming from a moderator...

I mean I know its a volunteer job, but its one you signed up for. To devalue a person's opinion (and lets be clear there is a difference between disagreement and devaluing) is to discourage discussion. If there is no discussion... there isn't a whole lot of purpose for this website is there? It is primarily a discussion forum after all.

Seriously, how do these guys become mods?

- - - Updated - - -

Lets be clear that rape culture has little or nothing to do with actual rape.

It is about oppressed feelings, or rather feelings of oppression... given the circular reasoning of modern feminism, rape culture can be defined loosely as anything one finds offensive.

In their defense, this is pretty much what everyone here does.

Is it any different from me saying "That's fucking stupid" to someone for the umpteenth time this week?

Speaking of which.

To whoever I gave shit to earlier in a quibble about statistics, I was inaccurate in my argument/interpretation of yours.

Needless to say, it made me very happy that I keep my college textbooks. My bad.
    Last edited by THE Bigzoman; 2016-06-23 at 12:07 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheImperios View Post
    I think that problem of ISIS requires more than just criticism of local Muslims. It requires whole Muslim world to stand strong against it. Instead, there are parts of Western world where Muslims create their of enclaves and support the kind of Islam that is promoted by ISIS.

I don't know if you realize this forum is one of rare places where you can speak out your mind on difficult topics. Doing that on reddit, facebook or twitter ain't easy. There are cases where law enforced doesn't act properly because they are afraid of being called rasist/islamophobe. People in power don't discuss the issues for the same reasons. You might say that "they are bombing ISIS" but the problem is that it isn't only about ISIS.

Deleted
    Rape culture is a term that was coined by feminists in the United States in the 1970's. It was designed to show the ways in which society blamed victims of sexual assault and normalized male sexual violence. Many feminists have provided great definitions of what rape culture is and how it plays out everyday.
    Once again, the ID supporter complaining about being labeled a creationist.

rap culture is diffrent ways but main it is type of u mentions

Quote Originally Posted by fererow View Post
    rap culture is diffrent ways but main it is type of u mentions
    WTF just happened here?^^