Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Let's go there!
    Let's not.

To all people here asking why this needs to be brought up: because it is seems to be the norm to have straight characters, it is commonplace, default. LGBT people lack representation, characters are made complex so users/players can identify with them. It is really staggering to see this much vindication over something so petty, really, what would be the damage if, say, 10% of the characters were LGBT? Would it make you stop playing them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Bi - Tracer/Mei/Mercy/Widow/Symmetra/Pharah

Rest couldn't care less
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

10+ Year Old Account
    Bastion gets a big hard turret everytime I pass in front of him as D.Va so we already know what's he into. Big round rabbit-shapped mechas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    To all people here asking why this needs to be brought up: because it is seems to be the norm to have straight characters, it is commonplace, default. LGBT people lack representation, characters are made complex so users/players can identify with them. It is really staggering to see this much vindication over something so petty, really, what would be the damage if, say, 10% of the characters were LGBT? Would it make you stop playing them?
    I wouldn't care, but I don't see why it needs to be brought up by the fans, and not the devs

So have that kind of representation in games that actually deal with situations that involve sexuality. if anything, pigeonholing characters in a game that doesn't actually have situations where the above matters would stifle players' ideas about who goes for what-thus limiting possibilities.

Its an arena fps, not an RPG, not a dating sim. A character's sexual preference has no bearing on the gameplay in this game. Other games, despite whatever personal opinion I may or may not have, can address it.

Deleted
    No one cares. Toxic thread about a meaningless subject.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post
    So have that kind of representation in games that actually deal with situations that involve sexuality. if anything, pigeonholing characters in a game that doesn't actually have situations where the above matters would stifle players' ideas about who goes for what-thus limiting possibilities.

Its an arena fps, not an RPG, not a dating sim. A character's sexual preference has no bearing on the gameplay in this game. Other games, despite whatever personal opinion I may or may not have, can address it.
    And why do you think the addition of a gay character would somehow change the gameplay? All the lore of the game already doesn't even affect the gameplay aside from decriptions of characters, how they got their weapons, and the one liners and interactions they have with other heroes (and even then this isn't gameplay its more lore). The lore is just that and it's completely seperate from the gameplay. Like is the fact that Hanzo and Genji are brothers somehow affecting the gameplay? No it doesn't but it's just fun trivia and builds on the world outside of the game

- - - Updated - - -

Like I'd see your arguments about gameplay if they made a gay male character and had his weapons be fucking dildos or something and his armor has phallic shapes all over it but it's naive to think that would happen.

Why do they need to have a general labels as to their sexuality? You can just RP it while you play your game and they can be whatever you want them to be.

The way I look at it, none of them have a confirmed sexual orientation. And that's how it should be. It's irrelevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another thing is having so little faith in Blizzard to write a decent story for the character that isn't just screaming "I'M GAY/BI" and would be more subtle like "X Hero and X Hero used to be in a relationship, but because of XYZ factors they are now mortal enemies" etc etc

That's super shitty of course but it's just one way of subtly dropping it without it being the main focal point of that characters motivation for what they do and who they are.

Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post
    True, it has no bearing on the gameplay, but I'm not saying it should have. My point is: since the characters have a story, personality and such, sexuality part of them as individuals. Whether it should or should not be discussed on their own lore is up to Blizzard, what pisses me off is people who randomly bash on a thread such as this where the player community should be able to speculate and discuss points of any given character (especially given it would bear no weight whatsoever on that character's gameplay).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    The way I look at it, none of them have a confirmed sexual orientation. And that's how it should be. It's irrelevant.
    You see, I agree with this. Regardless of their sexuality, it has no need to be brought up on the game, Blizzard can make it clear on their stories if they will so. But as soon as the OP brought up the possibility of a character being LGBT, a shitstorm ensued. It goes without saying the same wouldn't have occurred was the OP to speculate on the straight spectrum of the matter.

Why do we have to have heterosexual couples in popular fiction? They should've made Romeo and Juliet just friends so as not to force their sexuality on us.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    More of the best pairing:
    "I can't quit you"

"I thought only a Shimada could control the dragon!"

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Well, where did they grow up? Who were their parents? Who are their friends? Do they have pets? Did they learn to drive? What were their jobs before joining Overwatch or whatever faction they're in? Do they have any religious belief? Why/Why not? What's their political stance? Where do they live? Are they happy there?

I can think of dozens of questions that would be as important if not more, should we make a thread for each of them? People can speculate!

Do you want actual depth for these characters? Or would you just like them to add a mere "Straight/Gay/Bi/Other" tag to their wiki page with no context? Do you want to know their bloodtype aswell? It's just as relevant.
    We might get to know some of those things when the comics/novels/etc come out.

Note Blizzard hasn't just come out and announced sexualities, we'll probably find out about it when it arises naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayndorn View Post
    Junkrat and Roadhog are implied to be a couple/friends with benefits/that one time when we dudebroed each other in the dark.
    On the other hand, Junkrat doesn't know Roadhog's real name.

Quote Originally Posted by enragedgorilla View Post
    Don't care ...too busy figuring out who will help my team win/what we need to worry about anything else.
    I do not pay attention to it unless I have it foisted upon me by some fanfic / OCD sexualizing SJW trying to make a soap box moment, ....person ...and it comes across my mmo-c feed.
    Case in point.
    Wait, do the SJWs want to make up slash fics about these characters or complain about sexualisation? Make up your mind!

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Let's not.
    Too late!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    No one cares. Toxic thread about a meaningless subject.
    The only toxic thing I see is people offended by its very existence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    I don't really understand why we would need to do this really, its a shooting game.. what does it matter if Mei/Roadhog/Bastion is gay/straight/bi/trans/a helicopter?
    We NEED to. It's MANDATORY.

Or like, this is just idle speculation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

and they say videos haven't been taken over by a group of fucked up people who core more about what kind of boners the characters get than their stories.

oh well rip.

Deleted
    I see this cancerous thread has been semi-necroed (wasnt exactly dead to be necroed hence the "semi").
    Widow is already straight if you read her bio (inb4 the "ermagherd she can be bi you shitlord") so there goes one of your ships.
    And if theres anyone out there whos gay I really doubt its gonna be Hanzo and McCree.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had said McCree earlier in the thread but I also like Junkrat and Roadhog being a Mad Max themed couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    I died xD

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Well, where did they grow up? Who were their parents? Who are their friends? Do they have pets? Did they learn to drive? What were their jobs before joining Overwatch or whatever faction they're in? Do they have any religious belief? Why/Why not? What's their political stance? Where do they live? Are they happy there?

I can think of dozens of questions that would be as important if not more, should we make a thread for each of them? People can speculate!

Do you want actual depth for these characters? Or would you just like them to add a mere "Straight/Gay/Bi/Other" tag to their wiki page with no context? Do you want to know their bloodtype aswell? It's just as relevant.
    In all honesty, I would actually be extremely interested in knowing all those questions. I like knowing the little quirks that fill these character's lives; I'm that interested in them. While maybe I don't really care how good their driving skills actually are or their blood type, knowing their religious beliefs and how they grew up and who their parents and friends were could really flesh them out as characters. Plus, we actually do know most of their occupations before the whole game like Mercy being head surgeon of a distinguished hospital, Tracer being an amazing pilot, Mei being an environmental researcher trying to help solve things like global warming and Pharah being part of the military in order to be like her mother but then working for Helix Security due to Overwatche's fall. If these things are cool to know then why is everyone making such a big fuss over wanting to know a character's sexuality (heck, just speculating and fantasizing). To all the people saying its absolutely useless and completely irrelevant, tell me: Whats so relevant about Winston liking peanut butter? It isnt. It is literally is the most useless thing that can be known of a character, but I don't see hoards of people attacking Blizzard for adding it. Oh wait right, it adds flavor to these characters and fleshes them out and makes them more than just fighting nobodies that we drag around to carry the payload. Its literally how Blizzard has managed to hype this game so much, people see the dedication placed into these characters, the unique traits and backstories that each have and people who arent even interested in gaming have talked to me about Overwatch and its characters due to how awesome they are. These unique traits do include an individual's sexuality as it plays an important role in someones identity and while it DOES NOT define someone nor is it the main characteristic that a characters has (it should not be)(it actually sucks when its like that) believe it or not who and what a person wants to love or fuck is a pretty big thing in ones life.

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    I see this cancerous thread has been semi-necroed (wasnt exactly dead to be necroed hence the "semi").
    Widow is already straight if you read her bio (inb4 the "ermagherd she can be bi you shitlord") so there goes one of your ships.
    It's a good thing the only canon that matters is headcanon!

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Also, Zarya definitely 100% lesbrawn.
    Why do people think Zarya is lesbian? Does being a buff female athlete with pink hair make you one?