Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

West Uses Fake 'Russian Submarines' to Justify Its Conflict With Moscow

https://sverigesradio.se/sida/artike...rtikel=6451214 Original swedish article which interviews the swedish minister of defense

Sverigesradio (Radio Sweden) reported on June 11th 2016 that there were no russian subs at swedish coasts at the submarine incidents in the last years, according to the swedish government. In an interview, swedish Defence Minister Peter Hultqvist said that the swedish military had unknown signals from submarines in 2014 and 2015 but the first one (in 2014) was a swedish sub, the second one (in 2015) german. In April 2015, the swedish military announced that a photo from 2014 which was assumed to show a submarine (from russia according to most western media) is false and shows a normal civilian surface boat. With the new informations from the swedish government there are no more hints at russian vessels – submarines – violating swedish waters, “visiting” swedish capital city Stockholm.

Swedish Defence Minister Peter Hultqvist said he knew in 2015 that the signals were not russian but the government decided to keep that secret until now (June 2016). Germany says there was no german “undercover sub” at swedish coasts in 2015 and that the announcements of the swedish government were false. In the last two years, Sweden made steps to cooperate closer with the NATO. Mostly because of the russian submarine danger which has also been a very big deal in other european countries and their media. Sweden joined the NATO BALTOPS excercise in June 2016: U.S. Navy: “Ships left the ports of Tallinn, Estonia; Muuga, Estonia; and Berga Naval Base near Stockholm, Sweden, and are currently operating in the Baltic Sea.”. BALTOPS took place in baltic countries including sweden.

According to an article of http://sputniknews.com/politics/2016...es-moscow.html this procedure is nothing new:

In October 2014 and January 2015, global media debated the appearance of alleged Russian submarines in Swedish waters. Later, however, the Swedish Minister of Defense confessed during a Swedish radio broadcast the submarines belonged to Sweden and Germany.

In an interview with Sputnik, German screenwriter and film director Dirk Pohlmann commented on the issue and slammed German journalists for their unwillingness to investigate the incident.
    Pohlmann analyzed hundreds of incidents involving submarines near Swedish borders which took place the 1980s. His analysis was presented in the documentary "Deception — the method of Reagan". However, as the film's director argued, the part of his documentary in which Pohlmann proved that submarines near the Swedish Gotland were not Soviet, but British and German, was censored by German TV Channel ZDF.

According to Pohlmann, history is being repeated and submarines again serve as a means of creating myths about the alleged eastern threat.

"Over the past two years, submarines started to appear again, this time allegedly sent by the evil Putin. The emergence of these submarines might now result in a situation in which Sweden, which has just taken part in the "Anaconda" maneuvers, will become a NATO member. Sweden, Finland, Ukraine and Georgia — all this is an unfriendly act towards Russia justified by its alleged aggression. A fake incident with submarines is just supposed to serve as confirmation of its aggressiveness," Pohlmann stated.

In autumn 2014, Sweden launched a massive eight-day witch hunt for a foreign submarine, which was suspected to be Russian. The chase in the Stockholm archipelago ended in a bitter fiasco, sparking a hot debate on whether the largest Nordic nation, with almost 10 million citizens, should abandon its non-alignment policy and join NATO on account of the fact that it is unable to defend itself properly.

"In October 2014 the Swedish Navy declared that it discovered — with 100 percent probability — a foreign submarine. The news caused uproar all across the world. Then in January 2015 the submarine appears again, this time the announcement was made by the Swedish military," Pohlmann recalled the events.

"With the assistance of former Swedish servicemen — some admirals in reserve who argued that this was undoubtedly a Russian submarine — the news which until that moment was objective was — by means of false reasoning that seemed logical — transformed by journalists into the news about Russian submarines. And this was the news that set the mood," Pohlmann stated.

Rostov-on-Don submarine launches several 3M-54 Kalibr (Klub) anti-ship missiles, for the first time from under water

Later it turned out that that incident was apparently a false alarm, and a source of potential embarrassment for the country's military.
    According to Sveriges Radio, in September 2015, the Swedish military announced that the chief evidence of the intrusion — a noise detected by early warning systems — was no longer valid as analysis indicated that it was emanated by a "Swedish source" and not some foreign submersible. Moreover, it became known that the second submarine with 95 percent probability belonged to Germany.

"Looking at the situation realistically, we must recognize that we are dealing with a wave of propaganda. Indeed, in this case, journalists not only failed to carry out an investigation, they also didn't publish the facts they were aware of and maintained a false picture, although they knew about the real one," Pohlmann stated.

"They had to ask insistent questions. German journalists in particular should have clarified whether it really was a German submarine and whether Germany was really involved in the incident," he concluded.

Sweden embarassing itself and western media being incompetent, malicious and telling lies? Clearly a conspiracy theory!

Deleted
    No not really. But linking a piece from Russian state owned media outlet feels kinda biased on what they want to see.

sputniknews, the most trustworthy media :x

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexton View Post
    No not really. But linking a piece from Russian state owned media outlet feels kinda biased on what they want to see.
    Oh, the absolute irony given the context of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    sputniknews, the most trustworthy media :x
    My bad, I should only post articles from nato-approved sites which contain faked russian-aggression next time!

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexton View Post
    As opposed to the corporate-owned Western media that parrots the state bias toward war and conflict for profit and hegemony.

Was the name of the sub the "Gulf of Tonkin" because you know, it'd be fitting.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Putin and Russia have been doing a lot of saber rattling lately. They flew a jet 10 meters over an American ship for example. They are being provocative for political and propaganda reasons. They want to sell Russian arms because Russia is running out of money and this macho display helps sell weapons.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    As opposed to the corporate-owned Western media that parrots the state bias toward war and conflict for profit and hegemony.
    Becease all western media outlets are like that, sure.

Russia can do no bad, eh?

The subs were clearly just on holiday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Becease all western media outlets are like that, sure.

Russia can do no bad, eh?

Most in the U.S. mainstream media are like that, including ABC, CBS, CNN, Fox, NBC, PBS, Bloomberg, New York Times, Wash. Post, Wall St. Journal, and so on. They shill for Washington and Pentagon militarist policies that can "do no bad".

10+ Year Old Account
    So, where is the evidence of the upcoming "conflict with Moscow"? Oh, right, the evidence is in the title!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    Most in the U.S. mainstream media are like that, including ABC, CBS, CNN, Fox, NBC, PBS, Bloomberg, New York Times, Wash. Post, Wall St. Journal, and so on. They shill for Washington and Pentagon militarist policies that can "do no bad".
    the US does not make up the whole western world, you know.

Why is always assumed everybody has to either fully support Russia or the US?

Yeah, uh-huh just like we use "fake russian performance enhancing drugs" to disadvantage their athletes at the olympics.

Haha its the same as the fake russian athletes using drugs to give russia a hard time and miss the olympics its really CIA AGENTS!!!111
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

10+ Year Old Account

Because the world is black and white. An old man told me so a decade ago, and he was color blind, so he should have known!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    People in Russia must not read or have access to western media if they this this is true.

Reality of how it was reported in Western media: Someone in Sweden thought they saw something resembling a sub off the coast but it wasn't confirmed to even be a sub much less where it was from. Sweden said they'd look into it but never saw whatever it was again or confirmed anything. Other countries all over the West said Sweden was looking into it and didn't care themselves since it was an internal matter to them, on top of being unconfirmed to even be anything.

Also, what conflict is going on with Russia? The closest thing to "conflict" are the International trade sanctions on Russia for annexing Crimea and at least partially invading the Ukraine, not anything to do with fake submarines lol. I know Putin really pushes nationalism which to some degree is ok, but I hope people in Russia have access to International unbiased media news and not just RT and other very skewed and very blatant state fabricated anti-West propaganda like this article from the OP.

The fact that Russia is going to this extreme to constantly push anti-West propaganda on their citizens that sounds like something from Soviet times is what worries me more than anything, since you have to wonder what their intentions are by doing so.

10+ Year Old Account

But most of the Western mainstream press in other countries are doing the same as the U.S. press, especially those that are NATO members or afraid of U.S. economic repercussions if they don't tow the official line.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile, Russia uses real wars in Eastern Europe to justify it's conflict with the West! Hooray, I can play the bullshit game too!.....oh wait, those wars are real.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Meanwhile, Russia uses real wars in Eastern Europe to justify it's conflict with the West! Hooray, I can play the bullshit game too!.....oh wait, those wars are real.
    lol

/stufftofillspace

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post
    My bad, I should only post articles from nato-approved sites which contain faked russian-aggression next time!
    Are you not a bit dishonest, in the Swedich link you post, speak about "suspected submarines" and a German submarine, they never mentions a Russia submarine.
    Last edited by mmoc957ac7b970; 2016-06-23 at 06:12 AM.