10+ Year Old Account

Healers in Legion

Hi! Have been playing as a healer since Wrath. My first healer was a shaman alt for my hunter main, which I played during 3.3; I later changed to a Holy priest main in Cata, did not play MoP and swapped to a Mistweaver in WoD. Healing in general is very intense for me, but Mistweavers - damn they are the shit. Loved their abilities, their unique style of healing and the way they looked.

I heard that Mistweavers are getting more streamlined and boring in Legion, so I am considering changing to Brewmaster. What are the other healers in Legion like?

- - - Updated - - -

One more thing: What are the healers' respective damage dealer counterparts in Legion like? I have been told shadow priests suffer quite a lot in terms of leveling, which might dissuade one from playing a priest.
    The shadowy Daughter of Urthona stood before red Orc,
    When fourteen suns had faintly journey'd o'er his dark abode:
    His food she brought in iron baskets, his drink in cups of iron:
    Crown'd with a helmet and dark hair the nameless female stood;

Why dont you log in the PTR and try them out?

Quote Originally Posted by Rikhart View Post
    Because he'd rather check for common opinions? Take your negative attitude elsewhere.

Honestly everyone I've spoken to about mistweaver says that it is way better in legion ...

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    Because he'd rather check for common opinions? Take your negative attitude elsewhere.
    Yeah how dare you make a suggestion. We dont like those around here D:
    N

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellesarr View Post
    Yeah how dare you make a suggestion. We dont like those around here D:
    This is MMO-Champion. They can't go five minutes without trying to find something to bitch about.

In regards to OP's post, I will say that I have thoroughly enjoyed holy paladin in the beta so far, but Ret is very awful to me. Other people seem to like it, but I've had much more fun leveling as and doing damage as holy.
    Hey

I've been a Resto shaman main since wrath of the lich king until the end of MoP and from what I've played on PTR, Personal Opinion Resto Shaman feels smoother than before less micromanagement of totems than before kind of feels like Wrath Shaman again to me personally.

Resto Druid which I picked up and have been playing as my main since the end of Mists feels slightly more clunky to me personally I'm not enjoying the change to lifebloom and it now having no way to be refreshed aside from Flourish the level 100 talent. overall the numbers didn't feel weak but the style of play just felt off to me.
    Check out my livestream and follow me on twitter.
    /
    I Livestream and do giveaways.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    Because he'd rather listen to random other person than use his own brain and figure out if he likes it himself

Fixed that for you

Played with a lot of the above.

Soo MW and Resto sham are a little more painful then others as far as leveling. Not that they can't do it. They are just a little more mind numbing, The end result with leveling as nearly any Healing spec is they just have very simple rotations. The flip side is that they are nigh unkillable. I will echo that Disc is the most comfortable, not just healer but of any spec I have done because they are fun to kill mobs with and I never die.

As far as healing as a MW it is actually a lot of fun. They are very effective. The downside is they are a bit... generic now. They have a bit of a niche and you can do some fistweaving. But otherwise I find them fairly similar to Holy Priest now, but Holy priest has the Miracle heal direction which I like more.

Druid and pally testing was very brief(never been a fan so i'm biased). Shadow was incredible though, and they just got very positive changes in the build yesterday. I flew through the levels as shadow without ever feeling a drag.

Everything here is my perspective though so I agree with @Rikhart, hop on the ptr and see how they feel.

Quote Originally Posted by TheImperios View Post
    I heard that Mistweavers are getting more streamlined and boring in Legion, so I am considering changing to Brewmaster. What are the other healers in Legion like?

- - - Updated - - -

One more thing: What are the healers' respective damage dealer counterparts in Legion like? I have been told shadow priests suffer quite a lot in terms of leveling, which might dissuade one from playing a priest.
    I've only played Discipline extensively. It's fine if a bit finicky. The main annoyance for me is that relies on the group to be good more than other healers. Leveling as disc was slow but extremely easy. You might not kill stuff fast, but unless you really try to you won't die.

Shadow is not my thing but gildies who are playing shadow were not very happy with it - according to them damage was ok, survivability was not. Yesterday's build brought some changes though, not sure how it's now.

Currently the best dps (by a mile) is enh shaman so maybe look up resto shaman if offspec dps is important for you.
    Last edited by Goshko; 2016-06-23 at 08:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because I do not have a subscription as of now, and neither do I have beta access. Fair point, though - I'll try them as soon as I can. Thanks!
    Last edited by TheImperios; 2016-06-23 at 09:05 AM.

Because I do not have a subscription as of now, and neither do I have beta access. Fair point, though - I'll try them as soon as I can. Thanks!
    I believe you can play on the PTR without sub, could be wrong though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe you can play on the PTR without sub, could be wrong though.
    Just checked it; unfortunately not.

Speaking of which, what are Brewmasters in Legion like? I will still keep my monk, it is just the matter of which spec.

@TheImperios, so my mains have been Priest/Monk since MoP, just so you know where my preferences are. On my monk I have been more partial to BrM than WW or MW. I like the new WW a lot more then the old one but I never got into the old one so I can't speak to how well it used to function. Same goes for MW, legion update was good for it. Albeit more generic.

BrM is still by far my favorite monk spec, and tank spec. I never liked the concept of guard. Coming from a priest that refused to play Disc most of the time, I think Absorbs are bad for the game. The new direction isn't perfect, but I think it is a lot better. Clever GotO play can make you go the distance with survivability. Despite the perception that tanks have a low skill ceiling in Legion, I think a good BrM can still very easily stand out from a bad one.

I don't think my opinion is the popular one though, I don't see many BrM's praising the spec these days so I wouldn't take my word or anyone's for gospel. My best recommendation would be wait until the prepatch drops, and buy a month and see what you like I suppose.

*Edit: I plan to main a BrM for Legion, guild and my 5 man group needs a tank. Should the guild not need a tank then I will most likely play my Priest as Disc.
    Last edited by Rilas13; 2016-06-23 at 11:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did some research. Is that true that holy paladins are extremely mobile now? What about the mobility of shamans and priests, of all specs?

What is the priest class campaign like? I have heard shamans actually summon Elemental Lords in their campaign; do priests or monks do anything impressive like that?

Just checked it; unfortunately not.

Speaking of which, what are Brewmasters in Legion like? I will still keep my monk, it is just the matter of which spec.
    You can, my friend who is unsubbed was able to get on.

Did some research. Is that true that holy paladins are extremely mobile now? What about the mobility of shamans and priests, of all specs?

What is the priest class campaign like? I have heard shamans actually summon Elemental Lords in their campaign; do priests or monks do anything impressive like that?
    No, the opposite. Holy paladins are extremely IMmobile now. Terrible mobility. Makes you want to gouge your eyes out.

Shamans call Neptulon up for a chat, among other things. Paladins call up Uther for a chat, among other things. I'm not sure what you would consider "impressive" since that's probably subjective. Each of the class campaigns is pretty cool, I think. Matches the class identity really well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unir View Post
    No, the opposite. Holy paladins are extremely IMmobile now. Terrible mobility. Makes you want to gouge your eyes out.

Shamans call Neptulon up for a chat, among other things. Paladins call up Uther for a chat, among other things. I'm not sure what you would consider "impressive" since that's probably subjective. Each of the class campaigns is pretty cool, I think. Matches the class identity really well.
    Well, are there any important supernatural entities that priests call upon in the campaign?

They're trying to push them towards dodge tanking. Half their artifact traits is dodge from this dodge from that. Also 7 min baseline fortifying brew lololol. Yes, you can reduce cd by spamming tiger palm and keg smash, hope you can spam enough... Puryfying brew only puryfying half the stagger. Leg sweep exclusive with statue. Seriously I don't get why would anyone pick a monk tank over demonhunter in legion, DH is mobile and has self healing through fragments and group utility through sigils.

You know, I was in the same boat. I mained a holy pally in wrath. Didn't like the cata style, so I swapped to bear tank for an xpac, started MoP healing on a monk, and found my way back to holy pally in WoD. Playing on the PTR this past while (I refuse to log onto live, I have NOTHING left to do) even though I don't plan on maining heals anymore (I need a break, maining lock this time) I have been loving the new disc priest.

You are like a DPSy, Healy, kind of support. No it didn't put out as much healing as when I played holy or any of the other healers. And no it didn't put out as much dps and a full on dps spec. But god damned it was a fun unique play style. Kind of reminded me of a chloromancer from Rift (yea I played it for a while), but not exactly. You bubble or cast small heals on people to get atonment on them, then dps your balls off. I wish the dps was a little more complex, but I guess if you are strapped for mechanics, healing will slip more, so it's a fairly easy dps rotation. But I highly suggest if your raid doesn't really need that 4-5th healer, but aren't struggling for dps. Disc fits nicely and will be my main alt in Legion. Shadow is even pretty damned fun. Didn't mess with holy so much But best of luck to you in Legion.

EDIT: Plus for something impressive Holy priest class quest has the almighty Brother Larry. https://youtu.be/RjqkCnRRrhc?t=8m48s
    Last edited by Badl1fe; 2016-06-27 at 09:39 AM.