Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    Works differently in different countries, at least in countries where we are not busy defending how we are poor AND have to work our asses off, we don't regulate what people spend their money on.

Cause, you know, we don't see the need of authoritarian govermental rule, and we don't defend being F'ed in the A.
    Restricting what you can buy with your free government money isn't authoritarian.

au·thor·i·tar·i·an
    adjective
    1. favoring or enforcing strict obedience to authority, especially that of the government, at the expense of personal freedom.

You're still FREE to buy shit with your hard earned money.

Such a bad argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Restricting what you can buy with your free government money isn't authoritarian.

au·thor·i·tar·i·an
    adjective
    1. favoring or enforcing strict obedience to authority, especially that of the government, at the expense of personal freedom.

You're still FREE to buy shit with your hard earned money.

Such a bad argument.
    The goverment, in this context, is a direct authority ; Making regulations to what you can buy, imposes your personal freedom.

Do you jump to calling arguments bad, before you even go through the basic gist of your own logic?

Works differently in different countries, at least in countries where we are not busy defending how we are poor AND have to work our asses off, we don't regulate what people spend their money on.

Cause, you know, we don't see the need of authoritarian govermental rule, and we don't defend being F'ed in the A.
    Congratulations. This isn't about what other countries do or don't do. I could care less if your country supports your alcoholic habits.

- - - Updated - - -

The goverment, in this context, is a direct authority ; Making regulations to what you can buy, imposes your personal freedom.

Do you jump to calling arguments bad, before you even go through the basic gist of your own logic?
    How is he out of context? The US government isn't prohibiting the sales/buying of the things you claim they are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyster View Post
    Congratulations. This isn't about what other countries do or don't do. I could care less if your country supports your alcoholic habits.

- - - Updated - - -

How is he out of context? The US government isn't prohibiting the sales/buying of the things you claim they are.

Right, so you are content, with being restricted - Fail to recognize, how the Goverment, telling you what you are allowed to use Wellfare for and not, is directly authoritarian - And then blindly shout that it's not authoritarian?

Did you even read the OP?

You can still buy all that stuff... Just not with the free money we are giving you.

You. Are. Free. To. Buy. Anything. Still. Not hard to understand, but apparently really easy to twist when you're intellectually dishonest.

Deleted
    You can still buy all that stuff... Just not with the free money we are giving you.

You. Are. Free. To. Buy. Anything. Still. Not hard to understand, but apparently really easy to twist when you're intellectually dishonest.
    You are NOT, free, to buy the product - With the Wellfare.

That is a DIRECT way, of imposing your personal freedom.

How are you failing this extremely basic logic?

Right, so you are content, with being restricted - Fail to recognize, how the Goverment, telling you what you are allowed to use Wellfare for and not, is directly authoritarian - And then blindly shout that it's not authoritarian?

Are you pissed that you can't buy a 4k, 60in, ultra HD LED TV set with food stamps? Are we authoritarian for restricting government aid food stamps on food products?

Edit: No. You fail. Super fucking hard. You don't know what authoritarian means. You don't understand that food stamps already have fucking restrictions on them and then you say other restrictions somehow make it authoritarian. Well guess fucking what. Governments are ALL authoritarian in one way or another.
    Last edited by urasim; 2016-06-23 at 02:38 AM.

He clearly gave you the definition of authoritarian. Is there a better language we can try to speak in so you better understand?

au·thor·i·tar·i·an
    adjective
    By your definition, the laws in place must already be authoritarian. By your definition government at all is authoritarian. So I don't know why you would argue where you live isn't, unless you aren't under a government. Better yet, do you even know where you are going with your argument than F the US?

- - - Updated - - -

Well it doesn't help that he doesn't even live in the US trying to argue what we do or don't consider freedoms.

- - - Updated - - -

This makes no sense. "YOU ARE NOT FREE TO USE SOMEONE ELSE MONEY TO PURCHASE WHATEVER YOU WANT." What?

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember when the Daily show did a bit on stuff like this

There was an issue with them getting junk food
    there was an issue with them getting fast food
    there was an issue with them getting organic food
    there was an issue of them getting regular food
    there was simply an issue with them getting food.

Dont most people on welfare work anyway?

Deleted
    Are you pissed that you can't buy a 4k, 60in, ultra HD LED TV set with food stamps? Are we authoritarian for restricting government aid food stamps on food products?

Edit: No. You fail. Super fucking hard. You don't know what authoritarian means. You don't understand that food stamps already have fucking restrictions on them and then you say other restrictions somehow make it authoritarian. Well guess fucking what. Governments are ALL authoritarian in one way or another.
    Adding MORE restrictions, does not serve it to be LESS authoritarian, does it?

He clearly gave you the definition of authoritarian. Is there a better language we can try to speak in so you better understand?

By your definition, the laws in place must already be authoritarian. By your definition government at all is authoritarian. So I don't know why you would argue where you live isn't, unless you aren't under a government. Better yet, do you even know where you are going with your argument than F the US?

- - - Updated - - -

Well it doesn't help that he doesn't even live in the US trying to argue what we do or don't consider freedoms.

- - - Updated - - -

This makes no sense. "YOU ARE NOT FREE TO USE SOMEONE ELSE MONEY TO PURCHASE WHATEVER YOU WANT." What?
    What "You consider" freedom, is irrelevant. If the goverment, directly tells you, you cannot do something, that is not under the definiton of "Relative freedom". That is directly, measurable - You can put on black and white, what you have the freedom to do.

Adding MORE Stuff, to what you CANNOT do, means, LESS, freedom. Alright? Are you with me, so far? Are you getting this?

And if it is someone elses money, how come they are not using it themselves? Oh, right, cause it passed, to the other persons possesion, through a system.

Jesus, how are you not grasping these basic abstract points?

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I remember when the Daily show did a bit on stuff like this

There was an issue with them getting junk food
    there was an issue with them getting fast food
    there was an issue with them getting organic food
    there was an issue of them getting regular food
    there was simply an issue with them getting food.

Dont most people on welfare work anyway?
    I don't know if it is federal law or state law, but where I live they require you to work at least 20 hours, or at least use to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Government assistance should be for things necessary for life and to rehabilitate you into someone who can contribute to society, not luxuries. Doesn't take a genius to see that.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Adding MORE restrictions, does not serve it to be LESS authoritarian, does it?

What "You consider" freedom, is irrelevant. If the goverment, directly tells you, you cannot do something, that is not under the definiton of "Relative freedom". That is directly, measurable - You can put on black and white, what you have the freedom to do.

Adding MORE Stuff, to what you CANNOT do, means, LESS, freedom. Alright? Are you with me, so far? Are you getting this?

And if it is someone elses money, how come they are not using it themselves? Oh, right, cause it passed, to the other person possesion, through a system.

Jesus, how are you not grasping these basic abstract points?
    What I consider freedom is irrelevant? To who? The person who knows nothing about the US arguing what we do or don't consider freedoms here in the US? That makes a lot of sense random guy from who knows where country. The government is not telling you what you can or cannot buy. Again, you can freely walk into a store and buy whatever food item you want.

Deleted
    What I consider freedom is irrelevant? To who? The person who knows nothing about the US arguing what we do or don't consider freedoms here in the US? That makes a lot of sense random guy from who knows where country. The government is not telling you what you can or cannot buy. Again, you can freely walk into a store and buy whatever food item you want.
    Your freedom, is restricted by laws, not your personal opinions.

Thus, yes, what you consider freedom, is irrelevant. You may THINK you have the right, to do X thing - there IS, however, the small thing, you call, The Law.

The OP, covers, One such Law - That is being proposed - That further restricts Food Stamps, on what you can get.

Do i need to further explain this to you?

Your freedom, is restricted by laws, not your personal opinions.

Thus, yes, what you consider freedom, is irrelevant. You may THINK you have the right, to do X thing - there IS, however, the small thing, you call, The Law.

The OP, covers, One such Law - That is being proposed - That further restricts Food Stamps, on what you can get.

Do i need to further explain this to you?
    No shit freedoms are restricted by laws. By that definition there is no where that is free. I guess we should let go all of the rapists and murders. We aren't free because of that. Are you going to get anywhere with whatever you are ranting on about soon? Or did you just take that as an opportune time to say F the US?

I don't know if it is federal law or state law, but where I live they require you to work at least 20 hours, or at least use to.
    The stats that I've seen say it's somewhere around 70% of the adults work. Some government aid doesn't require you to work at all.

The one I was on said I needed to find a job within three months that had at least part time pay(twenty hours a week), and they gave me an option to file for an extension if I really needed it. But that was a really long time ago and it likely changed when they changed it from food stamps(pieces of paper) to EBT cards.

Deleted
    No shit freedoms are restricted by laws. By that definition there is no where that is free. I guess we should let go all of the rapists and murders. We aren't free because of that. Are you going to get anywhere with whatever you are ranting on about soon? Or did you just take that as an opportune time to say F the US?
    Freedom is the metric, of which space you have between personal doing, and what is legal.

Reducing, what is legal, directly impacts your personal freedom, cause you are left with less options.

And who decided that? An Authority. What Authority? The goverment.

And, several pages later, we conclude, it's a even more authoritarian move.

Freedom is the metric, of which space you have between personal doing, and what is legal.

Reducing, what is legal, directly impacts your personal freedom, cause you are left with less options.

Governments can be authoritarian. So fucking what?

You can still work and buy that candy bar. The government isn't taking away your freedom to do that.

Deleted
    Governments can be authoritarian. So fucking what?

You can still work and buy that candy bar. The government isn't taking away your freedom to do that.
    So instead of Tackling the main problem (Unhealthy food) ; The goverment attacks poor people, and what choises of food they have?

The stats that I've seen say it's somewhere around 70% of the adults work. Some government aid doesn't require you to work at all.

The one I was on said I needed to find a job within three months that had at least part time pay(twenty hours a week), and they gave me an option to file for an extension if I really needed it. But that was a really long time ago and it likely changed when they changed it from food stamps(pieces of paper) to EBT cards.
    Yeah. I was just reading some interesting things that was stating things like food stamps is federally funded, while it is up to the states to basically do everything else. So I think it does depend on state also. There might be a general guideline they all try to adhere to. I don't know hehe.

- - - Updated - - -

Not by your standards. You are now contradicting other things you have said and changing commonly accepted definitions of words. By what you state and have stated, no where is free, and all governments are authoritarian. Again, where are you going with this on the actual subject? You again, are using this to basically state F the US, and not actually anything about the subject.

- - - Updated - - -

So instead of Tackling the main problem (Unhealthy food) ; The goverment attacks poor people, and what choises of food they have?
    This doesn't attack poor people. The same people will still be receiving the same amount of money for food.