Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thadeka View Post
    I stil dont feel the same impact as with FFB
    Because its not a 1 hit big ass crit. Don't expect that to come back, prolly due to pvp reasons

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    Because its not a 1 hit big ass crit. Don't expect that to come back, prolly due to pvp reasons
    absolutely nothing to do with pvp reasons, ffb has hit for pretty much nothing in pvp throughout the whole of WoD already compared to previous expansions

it hits 3 times because they already had an old version of ebon bolt that featured 3 spell hits, and they obviously had to throw a "new" (meaning absolutely not like frostfire bolt) design together quickly to invent a spell, so they used what they had already

Quote Originally Posted by OzCymru View Post
    I like having a single target proc again. It's also nice that Ice Lance can be shattered into a nova and do its full damage. Yet I find it a shame that both Winter's Chill and the 70% snare only last 1s. I was hoping we might be able to cast a Frostbolt with Flurry and benefit from Deep Shatter. Perhaps the duration could last longer but be consumed by the first direct damage spell.
    they could make the debuff last 10 seconds+ and deep shatter would still be a completely trash talent for any sort of organised pvp in legion - melee mobility is more stupid then it has ever been in the past and you are choosing a talent that buffs your cast time damage in very specific and marginal situations at the expense of ALL your instant cast damage + a proc root talent that will be pretty much required vs any melee team
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2016-06-22 at 04:15 PM.

Wondering if they will change Ice Age and/or Orbital Strike to instead work with Flurry. They could change both to work with Flurry and call it done, which is route I believe they will take.

Maybe increase Winter's Chill form BF to be 1.5 seconds, that should solve possible latency, hit box issues.

On a completely different note - taking a follower with you actually makes the solo play feel like it is paced right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    they could make the debuff last 10 seconds+ and deep shatter would still be a completely trash talent for any sort of organised pvp in legion - melee mobility is more stupid then it has ever been in the past and you are choosing a talent that buffs your cast time damage in very specific and marginal situations at the expense of ALL your instant cast damage + a proc root talent that will be pretty much required vs any melee team
    I've been finding Deep Shatter far more useful. On Beta it doesn't actually replace FoF and it hasn't for the whole time it's been available. With Ice Form I'm able to shatter a ~500k Frostbolt, and the PvP template has 44% mastery, so you also gain a 220k Icicle. That's without proccing the Icicle traits which can make it two Icicles and/or double damage. As you've just cast a Frostbolt into Freeze you likely have it crit, gaining a stack of Chain Reaction giving the following Ice Lance 20% more damage. Of course, if Deep Shatter was changed to remove FoF I'm sure this PvP talent would be a lot less useful. It is hard to cast vs melees but I figured in an arena situation it might be possible to land one Frostbolt occasionally if you had a partner to help you.

I agree that having Frostbite is great vs all the melee that are rampant. Especially now that Ice Lance can do full damage without FoF procs you can even benefit from the root for damage. The only problem I have with it is that you DR both your controlled roots (or all 3 if you take Ice Ward).

Regarding Ice Form it now benefits from both of the Icy Veins traits. You gain 20% Frost damage for 20s (Chilled to the Core) and the CD is reduced by 1.5s per Frostbolt crit (Frozen Veins).

So no one cares Glacial Spike is bugged with Splitting Ice?

How does the DR on glacial spike's root work? If it DRs our frost nova and pet nova roots, along with the pvp talent to root on chill, and even ice nova... well then that is going to be a pain.

Also, does the winter's chill debuff last long enough to shatter all the comet storm projectiles (precast comet storm then use BF+flurry maybe) or perhaps ice nova?

I don't have a chance to test this myself until tomorrow =(

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    So no one cares Glacial Spike is bugged with Splitting Ice?
    Not really no. Why get upset about bugs on the PTR?

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Not really no. Why get upset about bugs on the PTR?
    It's not about being upset. Blizzard might not know a bug even exists unless you let them know.

It's not about being upset. Blizzard might not know a bug even exists unless you let them know.
    It's old news, read the Frost Mage forum for Legion Beta on Wow forums. Kuni has brought this up in his list of frost bugs at least twice. So Blizzard does know of it.

You asked if anyone cared, not if anyone had brought it to their attention.
    It's already been posted about here, and on the official forums.

What more should we be doing? Should we make a chain of posts saying "Glacial Spike is bugged with Splitting Ice" one after the other?
    Would that be helpful?

There's not much to add to the discussion other than "Yes, it is."

Quote Originally Posted by gallamann View Post
    It's old news, read the Frost Mage forum for Legion Beta on Wow forums. Kuni has brought this up in his list of frost bugs at least twice. So Blizzard does know of it.
    Fair enough. I didn't see his post, so my bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Because a large boss can be hit from further than 40y from its center
    If you stay put (and the boss stays put) won't they both hit at the same time?

Well, since shatter is calculated at spell cast it won't be a problem anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamzi View Post
    Is lonely winter viable yet? I know tuning isnt done but what's peoples take on the talent? I really don't like having a pet out and would love for it to be just an option
    I think the goal of it is:

-Easier due to having no pet to manage
    -No risk of pet dying/despawning and losing dps
    -No need to bind Freeze/Water Jet to your keys/bar/less utility

In exchange for...
    -a slight DPS loss

I don't know how close it is compared to having the pet DPS-wise, but I don't think they want to make the talent that makes your life easier be the DPS increasing one.

-------------------

As for Flurry's graphic/spell animation... Blizzard already said they will be doing a big spell animation update in the future. So I think we'll have to wait for that before we see any amazing new spell animations. They can't do melee and spell updates at the same time so we'll have to be patient. Also an experimental spell like Flurry would get a placeholder animation until they're 100% sure they want to keep it in the game. The Blue Post where they discussed adding it made it sound like it was created because of the community's request, and not on their own request, so IMO it sounds a bit experimental.
    Last edited by Bombkirby; 2016-06-23 at 12:28 AM.

Fair enough. I didn't see his post, so my bad.
    Kuni has posted an updated bug list

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...88?page=11#201

Thanx Kuni for keeping on top of this.

Deleted
    Uhm.... So what am I missing here, flurry while cool and all, is basically useless :S

It's a slightly harder hitting frostbolt that occasionally becomes instant cast by hardcasting frostbolts.

I mean its a nice spell animationwise, but I really feel the proc needs a damage boost as well to it, at the very least 50% increased damage or something like "makes the target count as frozen for 3 secs" making it a way to get more than 3 charges of fingers of frost up at once.

All in all it's nice, I just fail to see it having much of an impact other than "well it's instant, and hits slightly harder than FB so guess I'm using it".

The previous BF at least meant a FoF proc from the frozen orb it reset the CD of :P

I mean just... give the poor spell SOMETHING that makes that 16% proc chance feel worth it :P

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    Uhm.... So what am I missing here, flurry while cool and all, is basically useless :S

It's a slightly harder hitting frostbolt that occasionally becomes instant cast by hardcasting frostbolts.

I mean its a nice spell animationwise, but I really feel the proc needs a damage boost as well to it, at the very least 50% increased damage or something like "makes the target count as frozen for 3 secs" making it a way to get more than 3 charges of fingers of frost up at once.

All in all it's nice, I just fail to see it having much of an impact other than "well it's instant, and hits slightly harder than FB so guess I'm using it".

The previous BF at least meant a FoF proc from the frozen orb it reset the CD of :P
    Uh... you do know that Flurry with Brain Freeze already makes the next Ice Lance cast after it (as long as its within 1 second) act as if affected by FoF right?
    Except, the buff also works on Comet Storm or Ice Nova (or any other frost instant that does high damage which I am forgetting about).

Maybe you did miss something :P

I think it still needs some tuning but it's at least an interesting idea they've got here, although I'm still not 100% sold on "it's a proc that does damage and then simulates your other proc".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Uh... you do know that Flurry with Brain Freeze already makes the next Ice Lance cast after it (as long as its within 1 second) act as if affected by FoF right?
    Except, the buff also works on Comet Storm or Ice Nova (or any other frost instant that does high damage which I am forgetting about).

Maybe you did miss something :P

I think it still needs some tuning but it's at least an interesting idea they've got here, although I'm still not 100% sold on "it's a proc that does damage and then simulates your other proc".
    Yeah I did notice after testing it abit more and not reading like a slob that it is indeed a very decent spell and all that, but even WITH those benefits, I still feel like it needs more... Not much, just something to make it stand out as the proc it is. Also 1s is a very tight window, I think it should be at least 2s, that way you can guarantee to get off at least one spell, unless the frozen state is regardless of the slowing debuff, in that case nvm :P

Also, completely unrelated to flurry.... and Im sure its been brought up...

But comparing haste, crit and mastery atm and to me it feels like mastery and crit are looking abit more tempting than haste, even tho I normally go for as much haste as possible.

Simply because frostbolt crits buff icelance dmg by such a silly ammount, I mean I managed to get 4-5 stacks a few times and they did well over 500k with icy veins popped, that is alot for an instant cast spell I feel xD And I could get off 2-3 at the very least before the stacks fell off me :P

Perhaps it should simply be "your next single target frost spell treats the target as frozen" instead of "for 1 second".
    I can't imagine they intend for you to fit multiple spells into that 1 second window, so I don't know what the benefit of doing otherwise is.

I guess then they'd also have to write "Your next Flurry treats the target as frozen and [everything else]" in the tooltip for Brain Freeze too? That's the only side effect I can think of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Something I noticed with Flurry is that if I hard cast it I'm able to cast 2 ice lances and get the benefit from the debuff (when it's instant we can only cast 1 ice lance due to the GCD). Is it intended? And is it viable to sometimes hardcast it followed by 2 ice lances instead of casting frostbolt?

Quote Originally Posted by throcha View Post
    Something I noticed with Flurry is that if I hard cast it I'm able to cast 2 ice lances and get the benefit from the debuff (when it's instant we can only cast 1 ice lance due to the GCD). Is it intended? And is it viable to sometimes hardcast it followed by 2 ice lances instead of casting frostbolt?
    The debuff isn't supposed to trigger unless you have the proc.
    First implementation obviously isn't quite working :P