Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    You know there is a reason we spend so much on military right ?

Also, in terms of GDP, the US has significantly reduced its spending on military since 2010.

Tell me again how much those bombs cost that we drop. Or how much those jets cost....

Do YOU know why we spend so much?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    It's not just about the spending, but how it's spent.

That's an issue for an entirely different thread.

I like how you don't say nothing about the second half of my post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    shade matters tho

if you have clouds and a breeze its infinitely better than stale heat directly in the sun

i know, i work in the sun.. with water nearby reflecting the light.

- - - Updated - - -

show me a scientist that believes that

- - - Updated - - -

400 parts per million

WOW... no really WOW.... am i supposed to be impressed? go plants some trees. what are you doing to combat this huge problem you think it is?
    Oh I agree. But out in 29 Palms there is no shade or any clouds. Just heat. All the heat. Lol
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    Tell me again how much those bombs cost that we drop. Or how much those jets cost....

Do YOU know why we spend so much?

- - - Updated - - -

I like how you don't say nothing about the second half of my post.
    You're not interested a discussion as you showed by your hostility towards me, and what you were talking about had nothing to do with the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    When was the last dam built in California?.
    I assume you are referring to hydroelectric dams? Last big dam project in CA was Diamond Valley Lake which was completed in 2003. So not long ago. The project included the construction of 3 earthen fill dams and is considered one of the largest earth work project in the U.S. More recently is the San Vicente Dam Raise project which will be completed this year.

If you are referring to hydroelectric dams, then here are several reasons why they are not being built in CA.

Nearly all the best sites are already taken. Maybe the Klamath River. Although you can rest assure that L.A. will litigate any projects along the Klamath River.

Environmental laws. CEQA and Clean Water Act signed by Reagan in 1969 made it very hard to build a dam.

In 1986, President Reagan changed federal law to require states to pay a greater share of the huge costs of building dams to curb federal spending. No more easy money.

Cost vs. economic benefit.

Etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Now Ollie with the weather!
    It gon rain!

More people need to start looking at building below the frost line, and using the advantages of earth berming their homes for stabilizing the internal temperature at a constant and heating or cooling as necessary. Most often it's only heating that is necessary, which can be augmented through passive solar heating via window layout and then primarily done through small heaters or wood stoves. Cutting the huge expense of the average heating/cooling bill out of the mix through berming or earth sheltering is starting to get a wider appeal as people look for ways to reduce their bills and pay off their mortgages that much faster.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're not interested a discussion as you showed by your hostility towards me, and what you were talking about had nothing to do with the discussion.

This is funny coming from someone that attacks Bernie supporters all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    More people need to start looking at building below the frost line, and using the advantages of earth berming their homes for stabilizing the internal temperature at a constant and heating or cooling as necessary. Most often it's only heating that is necessary, which can be augmented through passive solar heating via window layout and then primarily done through small heaters or wood stoves. Cutting the huge expense of the average heating/cooling bill out of the mix through berming or earth sheltering is starting to get a wider appeal as people look for ways to reduce their bills and pay off their mortgages that much faster.
    Like the hobbits? I saw a couple of those in Sedona. It was pretty amazing. 100+ outside and 72 inside with no A.C.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Like the hobbits? I saw a couple of those in Sedona. It was pretty amazing. 100+ outside and 72 inside with no A.C.
    Yep, that's one form that type of house takes for sure. Hobbit homes are earth sheltered and require a pretty specific reinforcement and layout but you don't need to run an A.C. system at all and a heating system that measures up to the extremes of your winters, as in you'd want a pretty solid one in Alaska, a very minimal one in Florida and somewhere inbetween most other places.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well its an improvement over last year. When in a similar topic he personally blamed Pelosi, Obama, and maybe Bernie for killing thorium power in California. Maybe after 5 years in college a persons learns that there is no commercial thorium power. So the next best thing is to blame Pelosi for shuttering a more conventional and really old nuclear power plant. Maybe she did this to spite all those Californians that prefer residential solar over nuclear power.

But thanks to ethics-in-journalism one can learn that Arizona utilities have been resisting residential solar and net-metering rules. SolarCity has been bumping heads with APS, TEC, and SRP for years. Atleast they all can agree on getting those sweet sweet carbon credits from your sunny rooftop.

Which is why Musk wants to buy SolarCity. Tesla still makes more money from carbon credits than cars. SolarCity makes money likewise, since their lease agreements award them all the credits.

Elon Musk, altright hero, is fueled by $4.9 billion in government subsidies

True, I have little respect for Bernie bros, but I rarely make it personal. You do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Well its an improvement over last year. When in a similar topic he personally blamed Pelosi, Obama, and maybe Bernie for killing thorium power in California. Maybe after 5 years in college a persons learns that there is no commercial thorium power. So the next best thing is to blame Pelosi for shuttering a more conventional and really old nuclear power plant. Maybe she did this to spite all those Californians that prefer residential solar over nuclear power.

But thanks to ethics-in-journalism one can learn that Arizona utilities have been resisting residential solar and net-metering rules. SolarCity has been bumping heads with APS, TEC, and SRP for years. Atleast they all can agree on getting those sweet sweet carbon credits from your sunny rooftop.

Which is why Musk wants to buy SolarCity. Tesla still makes more money from carbon credits than cars. SolarCity makes money likewise, since their lease agreements award them all the credits.

Elon Musk, altright hero, is fueled by $4.9 billion in government subsidies
    Wtf are you talking about?

I never claimed anyone "killed" thorium nuclear power and I would challenge you to quote me saying so.

Thorium power is a viable power source that is being reasearched by several nations using our own research. We've already had compact thorium power plants designed and produced in the late 50s

Any environmentalist that is against nuclear power is generally a hypocrite.

As far as solar, I support it in idea, and as I have expressed earlier, am looking into installing it into my home.

So please stop being a liar. If your going to dislike me, fine, but have enough respect for yourself by not straight up misquoting me.

10+ Year Old Account
    True, I have little respect for Bernie bros, but I rarely make it personal. You do.

What was personal about what I said. In fact how was it even an attack really.......

Quote Originally Posted by Warpaladin View Post
    Thank you Ollie
    And now over to our asain report Trisha Takinawa, Trisha?
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    you can tell when somebody is young and naive.

using words like "clown fiesta" only makes you sound (damn mods i hate u)
    You should trade up the "oxy" in your name to "just" if you think you correctly evaluated me as either young or naive.