Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Warlock Dreadsteed water walking - gone for good?

Obviously there is no Glyph of Nightmares in beta glyph vendor, which is understandable since glyphs are now limited to cosmetic customization for spells only. But are warlocks losing water walking for good? Has there been any announcement or something as to what will happen to Dreadsteed water walking?

I think there are spells you learn now (possibly from items made by Scribes?) that are added to your spellbook for some of the minor glyph effects/abilities.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    It's gone. Probably because they wanted to restrict water walking in start of Legion Alpha and then never returned to it. Go get a water strider.

Not really need with how easy it is to get a waterstrider

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Not really need with how easy it is to get a waterstrider
    Easy...? You mean Anglers rep grind/Garrison fishing daily grind, when I have almost zero fishing on all my toons?
    Last edited by Quixotica; 2016-06-23 at 08:03 AM.

Deleted
    Didn't they nerf waterstriders in legion? I remember a lot of contraversy about them atleast.

Quote Originally Posted by Djjoe View Post
    Didn't they nerf waterstriders in legion? I remember a lot of contraversy about them atleast.
    They did. Then they changed it back because of said controversy and outrage.
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Waterstriders don't work in Legion areas, or at least they won't until the flying patch hits (my guess).

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Waterstriders don't work in Legion areas, or at least they won't until the flying patch hits (my guess).
    You guess wrong.

While leveling I had the seahorse ( poseidon drop ? ) and waterstrider and favourite mount buttons on my ui.
    Waterstrider worked 100% sure until you get hit in combat that is, then it suddenly forgets how to waterwalk.

its nothing gamebreaking though, just convenience.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    All fishing required for Anglers rep can be done (and should be done since it's most efficient) in pools, which require fishing (1). I agree though I see no reason why dreadsteeds should lose the water walk. If anything, I'd make it baseline.
    Still, 1 fishing or 700 fishing, a rep grind is a pain in the ass, especially when starting from 0/3000 Neutral like I am with Anglers.

btw MoP Anglers rep grind is easier than Garrison one right?
    Last edited by Quixotica; 2016-06-23 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quixotica View Post
    Still, 1 fishing or 700 fishing, a rep grind is a pain in the ass, especially when starting from 0/3000 Neutral like I am with Anglers.

btw MoP Anglers rep grind is easier than Garrison one right?
    You have more than enough time to finish it before Legion comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Quixotica View Post
    Easy...? You mean Anglers rep grind/Garrison fishing daily grind, when I have almost zero fishing on all my toons?
    so.. your excuse is laziness. Ok! Let's bring back some glyph because one person is lazy. Expert logic is expert

They made them MoP content only so people wouldn't feel compelled to use the same mount as everyone else to gain a slight gameplay advantage. Then people complained because they wanted to be compelled into using them. Personally I didn't care because I had a glyphed Dreadsteed but now it seems I'll be the only person swimming instead of skating around on a bug, and I bet we won't even get the swim-speed increase from glyphed Unending Breath.

*shrug*

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Goshko View Post
    You guess wrong.
    Which is your guess, but the truth is no one knows but Blizzard at this point. They haven't talked about it either way.

7+ Year Old Account
    Which is your guess, but the truth is no one knows but Blizzard at this point. They haven't talked about it either way.
    im pretty sure the waterstrider works everywhere again thanks to nerdrage.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    It's gone. Probably because they wanted to restrict water walking in start of Legion Alpha and then never returned to it. Go get a water strider.
    And that is no good when it doesn't work in Broken Isle's, for that same reason you just stated.

They were going to nerf them to their expansion content, as in the blue to MoP and red to WoD.
    However that was changed to WoD and earlier content.
    They still won't be useful on broken isle - at least not yet.
    Likely changed at the end of the expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    im pretty sure the waterstrider works everywhere again thanks to nerdrage.
    No, it still doesn't work at new content (AKA Legion AKA Broken Isles). What they did was restore it so it worked with all previous content again (WoD, Wrath, Cata, etc.). Easy mistake to make, though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    They still won't be useful on broken isle - at least not yet.
    The waterstrider is a complete life saver in Suramar, it's just dreadful to walk on that city.

There is no need to guess when you can just test it on beta. Yes, both striders work, thanks god we managed to talk reason into some blizzard "less is more" fanatics.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    The waterstrider is a complete life saver in Suramar, it's just dreadful to walk on that city.
    Why, didn't you enjoy the master plan to get a waterwalking ring, and to equip it every next second you need to run over water? Such a deep gameplay, isn't it?
    Last edited by l33t; 2016-06-23 at 08:56 PM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though