Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    when do we know the results of brexit
    Tomorrow morning.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I think we need a bit of Boris to brighten up the day.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai4yYAkZw2k
    "This Thursday I believe, can be our country's' independence day"

Thats one powerful closing liner

In around 20 hours time, I imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Guys guys guys, we don't use fear, but if you vote to stay in your going to get flooded with immigrants and all your freedoms are going to get taken away! We don't use fear though!
    Its true though. They'll keep coming and we'll be building more homes for them.

Guys guys guys, we don't use fear, but if you vote to stay in your going to get flooded with immigrants and all your freedoms are going to get taken away! We don't use fear though!
    Strange post. If you could quote where Boris ever said those things that'd be great.

You talk about fear. How would you characterise Donald Tusk's claim that a Leave vote would cause the downfall of western political civilisation?

Quote Originally Posted by DiegoBrando View Post
    What's wrong with a dictatorship? There's nothing inherently bad about it. It's just a form of rulership like democracy.
    I didn't make any right/wrong statement about dictatorships. I pointed out that the EU and a dictatorship are hardly comparable. As for dictatorships, they tend to prioritise the preservation of the dictatorship over anything else, including the welfare of the citizens, justice, ethics, morals, humanity... that's why they're generally wrong.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reklia View Post
    "This Thursday I believe, can be our country's' independence day"

Thats one powerful closing liner
    Yep. bloody good closing speech and the only standing ovation of the night

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    [...][*]Wait a sec, isn't the EU trying to do exactly what Hitler was trying to do? The way he planned to govern and rule the world, where he and is elite decide everything that's best for you and you have to accept it
    [...]
    No, the EU isn't trying to do that. There is a key difference between a fascist dictator and democratically elected officials.

Quote Originally Posted by Groh View Post
    From what I read, those people learned selected part of France history that fits some kind of will to hate on France, and ignore the rest. They can think what they want, I dare them to come over here and move their mouth about that white flag shit in front of adults approximatively my age. then we will see post like "oh I've been to Paris visiting the subhuman surrenders and I can say for sure they are detestable!" No shit seriously? In which country can you shit on local people and expect them to keep their smile?
    In the meantime, they are just talking shit on an internet board, all safe behind a screen. How courageous....
    YES! WE HAVE A FRENCH POSTER! Thank you! Finally!
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

On a side note, this dialog box popped up when I was posting something on the Overwatch forums:
    https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...92&oe=5805F52C

Deleted
    Strange post. If you could quote where Boris ever said those things that'd be great.

You talk about fear. How would you characterise Donald Tusk's claim that a Leave vote would cause the downfall of western political civilisation?
    Both sides have used fear.

Its despicable, people making decisions based on scaremongering, and for Boris to come out and claim that only the other side has used it is nonsensical. And the fact that people give that buffoon a standing ovation is just the icing on the cake. Pointless rhetoric and lies are what both campaigns have been built on.

- - - Updated - - -

And if you think that will change if we vote to leave the EU, you're in for a shock.

We'll get to choose who comes, but they'll still come, because we need them to.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    On a side note, this dialog box popped up when I was posting something on the Overwatch forums:
    That's a chrome popup that will appear if you try to leave any page with an unfinished post.

Realistically ... a few years till it gets executed and few more till all the consequences become clear. The result should be well established by 2025 I imagine.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Yes, and when you leave, you have the wonderful choice of either not entering the single market (and getting creamed in every single trade you make) or entering the single market and entering the Schengen zone along with it. You know, the bit that you're not in now? The border controls you still have? They'll be GONE completely. You'll be worse off than you're now.

So please, do vote Brexit, it'll mean I have an easier time going to the UK than I have now.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    That's a chrome popup that will appear if you try to leave any page with an unfinished post.
    I know that I was getting at something else though!

Both sides have used fear.

Its despicable, people making decisions based on scaremongering, and for Boris to come out and claim that only the other side has used it is nonsensical. And the fact that people give that buffoon a standing ovation is just the icing on the cake. Pointless rhetoric and lies are what both campaigns have been built on.
    Yes, it's not a good look when people misrepresent the facts. Sort of like how you did in your previous post.

Deleted
    Yes, it's not a good look when people misrepresent the facts. Sort of like how you did in your previous post.
    Boris pointed to the other side and said that they had used fear while his side has used hope.

I pointed out some of the scare tactics that the Leave side has used.

I've misrepresented no facts there.

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    That is a bit funny. Did it confuse you at first?

"Omg, what should I pick? Will I be able to return to the site to make that post? Or will spam posts flood my system? THE CHOICES!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Realistically ... a few years till it gets executed and few more till all the consequences become clear. The result should be well established by 2025 I imagine.
    Uuuh, nope. The EU actually expects the formal request on the next EU summit if the UK votes for a Brexit. "Expect" as in, they've prepared to exclude Cameron from the summit meeting as soon as he hands over the letter and stuff. The EU is taking this very seriously and I wouldn't be surprised if they put pressure on Cameron to make up his mind really, really fast on when and how he's going to get things going.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Can't believe all the shit about the EU not being democratic - it's more democratic than the election system in the UK.

The EU IS democratic, not sure how people somehow are convinced it isn't.
    Because they don't understand it. And this is the main critique point that I'll concede. The EU is doing a shite job at explaining itself. In German schools you have entire classes teaching students about our Parliament and Government, with role plays and stuff. You learn about democracy from the age of 14 onwards here. But not a word about the EU until you enter university and study either law or politics. That's pathetic.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Uuuh, nope. The EU actually expects the formal request on the next EU summit if the UK votes for a Brexit.
    These things take time, even if the vote is for Brexit we won't officially leave until late 2017 at the earliest.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Uuuh, nope. The EU actually expects the formal request on the next EU summit if the UK votes for a Brexit. "Expect" as in, they've prepared to exclude Cameron from the summit meeting as soon as he hands over the letter and stuff. The EU is taking this very seriously and I wouldn't be surprised if they put pressure on Cameron to make up his mind really, really fast on when and how he's going to get things going.
    Yeah, the request may come fast ... sorting out all the legal stuff however won't.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.