Thread: Legion Warlocks

Question Legion Warlocks

Hi,

I have not followed Legion much.

Is there any hope that warlock will be more interesting than in WoD ? Is a little subtlety coming back (Dot snapshotting and such)?
    What about fun? Which specs are fun to play? Do you think all locks will have to use the same spec because of artifact progression ?

Cheers

Why dont you instead take 15 seconds and look at the above beta stickied topics?

Quote Originally Posted by woodydave44 View Post
    Why dont you instead take 15 seconds and look at the above beta stickied topics?
    Thanks for the remarkable piece of advice!

If I asked it’s because these questions are typically not answered in beta threads. Only people that have access to and intensely played the beta, and enough experience to have a solid understanding of what things will look like with full artifacts available, have a good idea of what a spec will be in Legion. And they are generally more attuned to spec efficiency and optimization than fun or interest.

I’ve read the last 10 pages of each beta thread: people are more interested in numbers, which seems like a waste of time until Blizzard publicly states it is almost done with numbers tuning and balancing, and to discuss very particular spells and details. Perfectly fine but not what I was after.

TLDR from what I’ve read, but I really hope I’ll end up winning a beta key:

- Destruction will be the goto PVE spec. Because of the way artifacts compound balancing problems on the long term, this probably means it will be the spec for the whole xpac unless Legion is amazingly tuned from the start;

- Affliction mostly hasn’t changed, dot snapshotting doesn’t seem to have come back, spec can be played brain-free;

- Demonology is the answers to the prayers of so many people wanting a summoner class (I sure never asked for such a thing). It is a dot spec in hiding, needs a lot of ramp-up time to do decent damages, will be useless for switching to priority adds, has a buff that must be managed although it is totally uninteresting, and is mostly broken and undertuned at the present time.

Oh well. Time to keep updated on other classes to see if the grass is greener.
    Last edited by Istaria; 2016-06-23 at 08:31 AM.

i don't have beta access but i recently tried the ptr build and noticed something about destro.Shouldn't havoc work with drain life?

on a side note, I really really dislike what they did to destro. It had it's theme and unique spec gameplay completely abolished. For the sake of what? it's mechanic's matching up with the other spec?So all specs use soul shards? What's worse is the spec played fine and worked out perfectly for the whole destruction theme. Sad to see it's play style go for whatever it is that is on the ptr right now.

Quote Originally Posted by woodydave44 View Post

Dec 2011 woodydave44