10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kortin View Post
    It's set in some sort of alternate universe

so all problems I have with it are irrelevant

and there are MANY.
    Alternate universe? Not sure where that is shown.

We all knew there would be some lore concessions due to the limited two hour window to tell the story. That's one thing that the game has over the movie; time. Time to flesh out the characters, time to build the atmosphere, time to tell the stories of each thread of the world and show how they all interweave. That's something the movie can't do well due to time constraints. Overall thiugh, I was satisfied with the outcome.

Please feel free to correct me, but I think all of the lore critical moments relevant to the time and needed to establish the world occured.

Medihv and Gul'Dan open the Dark Portal allowing the Orcs to enter Azeroth. Medihv is revealed to have been working under demonic influence and dies.
    Thrall was born and exposed to fel magic, turning him green. Draka died protecting him. He was later found by the household that would raise him as a slave.
    Garona killed Llane.
    Durotan died protecting the honor of the Frostwolves.
    Neither side was shown being better than the other with both having good and evil characters shown.

Regardless, I stand by my assessment that Blizzard would be better off making Warcraft a television series that they could dedicate hours of time to building individuals up for the story.
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2016-06-23 at 01:43 AM.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure how to feel about the fact I got a dev to change their "overwhelmingly positive" game on Steam.

time for this dragon to retire to his cave
    g'nite everypony

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post

We all knew there would be some lore concessions due to the limited two hour window to tell the story. That's one thing that the game has over the movie; time. Time to flesh out the characters, time to build the atmosphere, time to tell the stories of each thread of the world and show how they all interweave. That's something the movie can't do well due to time constraints. Overall thiugh, I was satisfied with the outcome.

Please feel free to correct me, but I think all of the lore critical moments relevant to the time and needed to establish the world occured.

Medihv and Gul'Dan open the Dark Portal allowing the Orcs to enter Azeroth. Medihv is revealed to have been working under demonic influence and dies.
    Thrall was born and exposed to fel magic, turning him green. Draka died protecting him. He was later found by the household that would raise him as a slave.
    Garona killed Llane.
    Neither side was shown being better than the other with both having good and evil characters shown.

Regardless, I stand by my assessment that Blizzard would be better off making Warcraft a television series that they could dedicate hours of time to building individuals up for the story.
    My biggest issue was Thrall being Moses at the end, with the baby in the basket on the river. That really annoyed me.

Things did happen differently in the movie, and yes some things will need to be changed, although a few things I wish stayed a bit more similar, like with Medivh dying in a different way, which might have been better in the long run. Garona, Llane, Khadgar, and Lothar was there.

I wasn't a fan of Garona killing Llane in a different way, only because it was a moment of betrayal that turned into a moment of "one has to live", and taking away motivation from Garona later, rather than it being a moment of no one really knows what happens and that's why they hate her.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account

Garona killed Llane.

It was stated by one of the writers that it's an alternate universe.

https://twitter.com/MickyNeilson/sta...65824536793088

Garona was just a complete fucking mess. For starters, she was a FEARED Shadow Council assassin under Gul'dan's control. There was no slave bullshit and she certainly didn't receive a knife from the non-existent Queen of Stormwind (Llane's wife is never seen or mentioned). The Shadow Council doesn't even seem to exist.

She betrayed Llane and assassinated him in Stormwind Keep.

Speaking of Stormwind Keep, Stormwind was completely sacked in the First War. Lothar took the survivors and they fled to Lordaeron until after the Second War.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    My biggest issue was Thrall being Moses at the end, with the baby in the basket on the river. That really annoyed me.

Things did happen differently in the movie, and yes some things will need to be changed, although a few things I wish stayed a bit more similar, like with Medivh dying in a different way, which might have been better in the long run. Garona, Llane, Khadgar, and Lothar was there.

I wasn't a fan of Garona killing Llane in a different way, only because it was a moment of betrayal that turned into a moment of "one has to live", and taking away motivation from Garona later, rather than it being a moment of no one really knows what happens and that's why they hate her.
    Not to mention the fact that Varian witnessed Garona betray Llane, which colored his opinion of orcs later.
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

10+ Year Old Account
    I do agree that Garona was the weak link of the whole movie. Every scene with her felt awkward. But I thought that was just me obsessing over her not looking like an Orc (forgot she's a half-breed while I watched it.)
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2016-06-23 at 03:41 AM.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

I do agree that Garona was the weak link of the whole movie. Every scene with her felt awkward. But I thought that was just me obsessing over her not looking like an Orc (forgot she's a half-breed while I watched it.)
    I always have to remind myself of that fact.

10+ Year Old Account

Man, timewalking dungeons get worse every event. Out of the 8 I did I only had like 4 that went smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by isi View Post
    [IMG]http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/310/062/291.png[/IG]
    Yozzers Isi. How are you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yozzers Isi. How are you?
    25 minutes of unskippable credits

25 minutes of unskippable credits
    Sounds like Pokemon that first time you beat it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like Pokemon that first time you beat it.
    nope, Dark Souls 2 which i finally beat yesterday

nope, Dark Souls 2 which i finally beat yesterday
    Got a back log of games eh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Got a back log of games eh?
    it's more of a "i'm through bloodborne twice now and here is DS3! ... but going at it without ever beating I and II feels wrong..." .. never beating as in never playing
    Last edited by isi; 2016-06-23 at 09:11 AM.

it's more of a "i'm through bloodborne twice now and here is DS3! ... but going at it without ever beating I and II feels wrong..." .. never beating as in never playing
    Sounds like a decent way of going about things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a decent way of going about things.
    got high hopes for DSIII .. II was... tiresome

got high hopes for DSIII .. II was... tiresome
    Hopefully you have fun with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully you have fun with it.
    it's Dark Souls. you don't have "fun" with it. you just endure its whippings while you slowly build up to finally beat it into submission.
    Last edited by isi; 2016-06-23 at 12:51 PM.

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vayjir View Post