Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    Everyone ready for the Steam sale ?
    I am, made sure to add another hundred to my steam wallet for 90 with bestbuys current deal Here

If you want to enter them, but can't let me know and I'll add you to my whitelist.

Here's a new one:

These two are ending on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    snip
    entered all three of them to help you get to 5 people in each

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope the sale has something fun to do or some customer engagement, or I'm gonna just end up glancing and forgetting.

Nothing I particularly want, but a few of the bigger tier games I might get if they got 75%+ off.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    If it's the same as last ones, I'll take a quick look on first day and forget about it. Even if they have anything that gives free cards I'll totally skip it this time since the market is now totally fucked up with their restrictions, I wouldn't even be able to sell a card before the sales ends and they get worthless.
    Steam sales have been getting progressively more shit the last few times. It's sad really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Deleted
    I see that the wizardry entry of Lucetia only has one entry. The game might be old, but it's amazing if you like long, deep ('oldschool') rpgs.

Deleted
    ^ Totally this. I spent sooooooo many hours in Wizardry, mostly 8, that is still surprisingly interesting to play today, almost 95% positive reviews on Steam is rare for 15 years old games. This is quite unusual, since most 3D games from around 2000 aged terribly. 6-7 aged... not so well I'd say (remember they're from very early 90s).
    I started it up recently again, but can't seem to get it to work nicely with my utlrawidescreen (3440x1440). Everything is stretched out. If I set the resolution to 4:3 ratio, the screen remains black

I totally forgot about the card lockout.... Another thing that made the sale good was selling my dupe cards to get an extra euro or two at the end of the event.... I'm tempted to setup a Steam authenticator with winauth. :S
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    I see that the wizardry entry of Lucetia only has one entry. The game might be old, but it's amazing if you like long, deep ('oldschool') rpgs.
    I remember playing 7 as a kid. I can only agree. Awesome game, and I've been thinking about buying the package for some time now. Hard to tell how it aged, though, seeing I haven't played it in many years.

^ Totally this. I spent sooooooo many hours in Wizardry, mostly 8, that is still surprisingly interesting to play today, almost 95% positive reviews on Steam is rare for 15 years old games. This is quite unusual, since most 3D games from around 2000 aged terribly. 6-7 aged... not so well I'd say (remember they're from very early 90s).
    It depends on the player. I actually still enjoy most of the 3d games from around 2000 - e.g. I LOVED Might and Magic 6/7, which came out around that time, and I played through them just a few years ago. The era which gets "too old" for me is mostly pre 90's, because in many games features I see as basic and want to have (e.g. maps or item information in RPGs) weren't that common in that era. E.g. I'm playing Eye of the Beholder right now, which is until now (I'm just at level 4) an awesome game. But without the All-Seeing Eye, a program that creates a map as you go around and explore, I don't think I'd play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheevah View Post
    There are a few games looking really good there at first glance, though I'm not sure as I don't know any game of those in more detail. Anyone can recommend / not recommend them? Especially between all the Summer Sales I'm torn on this one.
    Last edited by mmoc48c29aaf6e; 2016-06-23 at 10:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsta View Post
    There are a few games looking really good there at first glance, though I'm not sure as I don't know any game of those in more detail. Anyone can recommend / not recommend them? Especially between all the Summer Sales I'm torn on this one.
    I haven't played any of them, but Rover the Dragonslayer and Ara Fel looked good enough for me to get it.

wow, steam is lagging like crazy,. i guess summer sale started already? or wouldnt that be at like,. uhm,. 8 cet, or 9 cet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Usually it's 6pm UK time, which was 45 minutes ago, so I'm unsurprised by this revelation.

oh yes,. it seems it's started.

Sorry

The Steam Store is experiencing some heavy load right now. Please try again later.

Error 503 Service Unavailable
    youll get cards for exploring your queue again,. so everyone wants the free moneys.

Also,.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/36..._7_7_204_150_1
    -221% discount, wtf
    Last edited by bbr; 2016-06-23 at 06:38 PM.

Welp, my wallet's safe. Was hoping for Tomb Raider or Far Cry Primal, but 35% off isn't enough.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    oh yes,. it seems it's started.

youll get cards for exploring your queue again,. so everyone wants the free moneys.

Also,.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/36..._7_7_204_150_1
    -221% discount, wtf
    Yes! make it cost more to buy it, perfect!
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Had a thought.

Didn`t the cards from last sale vanish at the end of the sale?
    If so, this`ll suck, as I don`t use authenticator & cards get held for few weeks before can sell, by which point, they`ll just vanish.

Or am I confused?

10+ Year Old Account
    On the plus side, those of us with an authenticator can sell them for more cash hopefully

So .. the wishlist is weird. Decided to get around to removing like a hundred games on it that I put on last sale and it's shuffling the games about all over the place, a game placed like 30th on the wishlist jumping up to 11th after I remove a completely unconnected game >.>

I wish they had 2 wishlists, one of the "this looks interesting, but not any time soon" lists would be nice.

Good question; i don't see an expiration date on my cards so it looks like they won't be removed as soon as the sale ends... Still, i'm tempted to use a desktop app for the Steam authenticator (yes, i still don't have an adroid/ios smarthphone, still rocking a nokia 5800. SUE ME!)
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

All these bundles are great,. im picking up games left and right for less cost than the cards they give.
    Wish you could browse on bundles specifically...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    All these bundles are great,. im picking up games left and right for less cost than the cards they give.
    Wish you could browse on bundles specifically...
    On the sale? There was a game on my wishlist on sale for 99 cents. But it was in a bundle with two other games for 70 cents. So, yeah. Kinda wanna see a bundle options search too.