Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Those idiots make up may be .5% of gun owners.

The vast majority, myself included, treat firearms with respect and are sane rational human beings.
    Lol that's hilarious if you think that's true. Guns are a status symbol in parts of the country. Those parts span from about the wet stuff on the east coast to the wet stuff on the west coast. Basically everywhere in between, there are people who view them as status symbols. For examples: look at rap music, country music, rural family portraits, social media, or just step out from under that rock.

Also: If you say you're sane rational human beings, why are you so against a conversation about how to solve the problem? Because you're scared someone will take your status symbol away.

They should be impeached honestly. There's this thing called "treason" that Mateen committed when he pledged allegiance to ISIS and murdered or maimed 100 people and yet these idiots are obsessing over the fact that he happened to used a gun?! Absolutely pathetic!

Quote Originally Posted by Elarena View Post
    They should be impeached honestly. There's this thing called "treason" that Mateen committed when he pledged allegiance to ISIS and murdered or maimed 100 people and yet these idiots are obsessing over the fact that he happened to used a gun?! Absolutely pathetic!
    Holy trolley. Ya'know like the bus, not calling you a troll. That logic is something I'd expect from a bus or another inanimate object.

3 weeks. For a sitting US Senator.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2004Aug19.html

U.S. Sen. Edward M. "Ted" Kennedy said yesterday that he was stopped and questioned at airports on the East Coast five times in March because his name appeared on the government's secret "no-fly" list.

Federal air security officials said the initial error that led to scrutiny of the Massachusetts Democrat should not have happened even though they recognize that the no-fly list is imperfect. But privately they acknowledged being embarrassed that it took the senator and his staff more than three weeks to get his name removed.
    PROUD TO BE CALLED A CONSPIRACY THEORIST

The Democrat politicians are fucking idiots btw

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Does the US even follow the constitution anymore? I've great respect for the founding fathers of the US and all of their literally works and political insights, but none of it is represented in modern day US' culture anymore and the spirit of it all has long been forgotten.

At this point in time I consider France more american than the US.

No really our government doesnt. The closest would be the Tea Party or Libertarians.

Quote Originally Posted by Romire View Post
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/democrat...r-gun-control/

Good luck guys, hope something comes good out of it
    such as what? what do you think should be done?

I for one have yet to see a gun do a dang thing but get used by a human so til we fix the human problem how we fixing the gun problem?
    I can't wait to watch your ego bleed
    Your pain will set me free

Stitched Up Heart

Quote Originally Posted by Romire View Post
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/democrat...r-gun-control/

Good luck guys, hope something comes good out of it
    No.

/10char
    "Plato is dear to me, but dearer still is truth." - Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Grow up, stop being drama queens and cowards. The odds of being killed from gun violence is a tiny percent. There are far worse killers they are ignoring.
    What, like cancer? car accidents?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by upirlikhyi View Post
    such as what? what do you think should be done?

I for one have yet to see a gun do a dang thing but get used by a human so til we fix the human problem how we fixing the gun problem?
    There is no gun problem, there is a "crazy person with a gun problem".
    It's hard to detect and fix the "crazy" part, but it should be possible to reduce the "with a gun" part of the problem.
    A crazy guy yelling in the streets is better than 20+ dead people.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post

- - - Updated - - -

There is no gun problem, there is a "crazy person with a gun problem".
    It's hard to detect and fix the "crazy" part, but it should be possible to reduce the "with a gun" part of the problem.
    A crazy guy yelling in the streets is better than 20+ dead people.
    its not hard to fix the crazy part funding is needed....i suffer from mental problems last 5 years funding here in Iowa been cut
    I can't wait to watch your ego bleed
    Your pain will set me free

Stitched Up Heart

Quote Originally Posted by Gevoth View Post
    Exploiting fear to pretend fight terror in an effort to gain the political support of the uninformed.
    A technique as old as politics itself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Lol that's hilarious if you think that's true. Guns are a status symbol in parts of the country. Those parts span from about the wet stuff on the east coast to the wet stuff on the west coast. Basically everywhere in between, there are people who view them as status symbols. For examples: look at rap music, country music, rural family portraits, social media, or just step out from under that rock.

Also: If you say you're sane rational human beings, why are you so against a conversation about how to solve the problem? Because you're scared someone will take your status symbol away.
    Guns are a status symbol? You just named a bunch of SYMPTOMS to a problem: that problem being a lack of proper respect to firearms. Our country parades violence, disrespect against women, and rulebreaking in general in the form of gang violence and drug use. Guns being a status symbol is a result of that. Disrespect of human life in general is the problem that our country has. We see a disrespect or difference as a killable offense.

Don't worry, the next time someone decides to kill people with a gun, we'll put the gun on trial. After all, that's the problem, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Only news story here is that these bums actually showed up to their place of employment

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post

- - - Updated - - -
    Being fat. Ban Fast Food and chips and soda. You are way more likely to die from bad diet

Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Being fat. Ban Fast Food and chips and soda. You are way more likely to die from bad diet
    I wouldn't mind taxing fast food more, but to ban it is going too far. Are we going to ban sugar from stores? Salt?
    Anyway, it doesn't really compare to a violent, sudden death caused by others. It takes 50 years to die from it, and it's your own choice. Also, guns (pistols, automatic rifles) would be useless if it wasn't for other people with guns. We need food, we need cars, we need knives, and other potentially dangerous objects, in our everyday lives.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it funny/sad that so many people shit talk these Congressmen for trying to stay and do their job when a while back the other party shut down the government because they wanted to defund the ACA and that was somehow patriotic. We also have McConnel filibustering his own bill a while back and yet he's the leader of the Republican Senators. Is it any wonder that these Congressmen do a sit in just so something can get done?

Sadly I don't see this sit in doing much of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Is English your second language, or are you simply incapable of grasping what you read?

Regulating guns is not infringing on any rights to own a gun. If it were, there would be no laws preventing a 5 year old, a convict, etc from buying a gun.

Glad I could clear that up for you.

sorry for a bit off topic this is better for the gun thread but this comes up every now and again.

You might want to look up how the Term well regulated worked and was used back at the time of the 2nd amendment before trying to questions others workings of the English language.

The following are taken from the Oxford English Dictionary, and bracket in time the writing of the 2nd amendment:

1709: "If a liberal Education has formed in us well-regulated Appetites and worthy Inclinations."

1714: "The practice of all well-regulated courts of justice in the world."

1812: "The equation of time ... is the adjustment of the difference of time as shown by a well-regulated clock and a true sun dial."

1848: "A remissness for which I am sure every well-regulated person will blame the Mayor."

1862: "It appeared to her well-regulated mind, like a clandestine proceeding."

1894: "The newspaper, a never wanting adjunct to every well-regulated American embryo city."

The phrase "well-regulated" was in common use long before 1789, and remained so for a century thereafter. It referred to the property of something being in proper working order. Something that was well-regulated was calibrated correctly, functioning as expected. Establishing government oversight of the people's arms was not only not the intent in using the phrase in the 2nd amendment, it was precisely to render the government powerless to do so that the founders wrote it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post

sorry for a bit off topic this is better for the gun thread but this comes up every now and again.

You might want to look up how the Term well regulated worked and was used back at the time of the 2nd amendment before trying to questions others workings of the English language.
    None of which changes the fact that gun sales and ownership can be regulated by government, without violating anyones' rights.

There are two opposing camps when it comes to interpreting the 2nd Amendment. One espouses the belief that the prefatory language "a well regulated Militia" means that the Framers intended only to restrict Congress from legislating away a state's right to self-defense. Scholars have come to call this theory "the collective rights theory." A collective rights theory of the Second Amendment asserts that citizens do not have an individual right to possess guns and that local, state, and federal legislative bodies therefore possess the authority to regulate firearms without implicating a constitutional right.

Common sense dictates that it can easily be regulated. Period. The only reason it has not, is due to the fact that the most powerful lobbying group - the NRA - has the GOP in their back pockets. A majority of Americans now believe that we need stricter gun control laws. Of course the GOP does not care what Americans want. They have repeatedly proven that with their actions over the last 15 years.

Bunch of daft idiots sitting there in my opinion. Also the "Muslim ban" is really just turning off immigration from predominately Muslim countries which we are fully within our rights to do as the immigration laws allow for that sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    None of which changes the fact that gun sales and ownership can be regulated by government, without violating anyones' rights.

There are two opposing camps when it comes to interpreting the 2nd Amendment. One espouses the belief that the prefatory language "a well regulated Militia" means that the Framers intended only to restrict Congress from legislating away a state's right to self-defense. Scholars have come to call this theory "the collective rights theory." A collective rights theory of the Second Amendment asserts that citizens do not have an individual right to possess guns and that local, state, and federal legislative bodies therefore possess the authority to regulate firearms without implicating a constitutional right.

Common sense dictates that it can easily be regulated. Period. The only reason it has not, is due to the fact that the most powerful lobbying group - the NRA - has the GOP in their back pockets. A majority of Americans now believe that we need stricter gun control laws. Of course the GOP does not care what Americans want. They have repeatedly proven that with their actions over the last 15 years.
    My point still stands you were questioning someone grasp of the English language when in fact it was you not taking into account that time period meaning of the term, and as I asked in my first post in this thread other that the GOP bill had a way to appeal the terror list rejection what was the difference between the Dem bill and the GOP's one and why didn't the Dem just vote on the GOP one to get something in place for now?

Democrats staging a sit in to remove due process should not work. Stripping people of due process should never be allowed by anyone. That's some repugnant shit.

It won't work now, but since a vast majority of Americans are in favor of the measure, it may help down ballot races in the Democratic Party's favor.