View Poll Results: How did you vote in the EU Referendum?

Voters
237. This poll is closed
  • Remain

47 19.83%
  • Leave

47 19.83%
  • Spoiled my ballot

2 0.84%
  • Didn't register/not voting.

5 2.11%
  • I'm not actually British/eligible to vote, I just wanted to click on a poll answer.

136 57.38%
Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The EU referendum. How did you vote?

There's a full discussion regarding the details here, but I wanted to throw a poll up for people who voted today, obviously it's not going to be entirely accurate to the national mood, but it's a fun comparison.

So, which way did you go?

Replies with comments on your vote and why are entirely optional.

Deleted
    Not voting, not really a fan of either direction as we get screwed both ways If I HAD to pick it would be remain, we're doing decent enough inside, why shake things up if we don't have to, can always vote out later.

7+ Year Old Account
    Remain. As an Englishman, I hate most of the English.

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    Not voting, not really a fan of either direction as we get screwed both ways If I HAD to pick it would be remain
    people like you will be the reason why leave ends up winning and fucking our country for the next couple of years

I like how you included the rest of the EU in the poll. That's very considerate of you.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remain. Too much unknown factors to risk leaving.

Deleted
    Remain. Strength in numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I like how you included the rest of the EU in the poll. That's very considerate of you.
    Well I had to, otherwise people would vote with how they'd LIKE to vote but can't.

This might be the most inaccurate gallop poll in history but I'd like it to have some fair representation.

Deleted
    please leave britain , good riddance !!!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Not voting.

I simply see the pros and cons of both sides, so I'm not going to bother. I see both options having problems, if we leave there is no certainy how the UKs future will be, how it will survive. And honestly I don't see our government as keeping its plans to stop the huge immigrant migration. But in staying with the EU, we of course will still have that problem, and theres no way of knowing what the outcome will be as a result.

Theres to much uncertainy all round, and I honestly think both sides are just full of mindless, naive dreamers who think their side will make things better, which it won't.

I learned a long time ago to stop giving credit to people on the top shelf, when they don't ever keep their promises.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    people like you will be the reason why leave ends up winning and fucking our country for the next couple of years
    I'm not happy or unhappy with either result. I mean I'm voting for myself as much as I'm voting for the country right. Isn't that the point of a personal vote. If they had an option other than spoiling the vote for "no vote", I'd take it. Just because you choose not to vote doesn't mean your opinion isn't valid. Also you actually have no real idea of what will happen if we leave, you only speculate based on what you have read online and seen on the news.

So get off your high horse please. Thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Not voting.

I simply see the pros and cons of both sides, so I'm not going to bother. I see both options having problems, if we leave there is no certainy how the UKs future will be, how it will survive. And honestly I don't see our government as keeping its plans to stop the huge immigrant migration. But in staying with the EU, we of course will still have that problem, and theres no way of knowing what the outcome will be as a result.

Theres to much uncertainy all round, and I honestly think both sides are just full of mindless, naive dreamers who think their side will make things better, which it won't.

I learned a long time ago to stop giving credit to people on the top shelf, when they don't ever keep their promises.
    Pretty much exactly why I'm not voting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    Pretty much exactly why I'm not voting.
    Its like, I don't trust Brussels in deciding whats important for the UK, but I don't trust my own government either with whats important for it.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Its like, I don't trust Brussels in deciding whats important for the UK, but I don't trust my own government either with whats important for it.
    Exactly, our government isn't looking out for us in the slightest, we're just run like a business. Regardless of what happens it's not going to benefit us really :/

I'll vote Remain. It's good to have a limiter on your own government's natural cuntishness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Remain because unfortunately I have morals (and common sense), otherwise I'd have voted leave so that Scotland could also leave.
    I discussed this with a couple of die hard leave people last night who want "secure control over our borders" I pointed out the likelyhood of Scotland leaving and rejoining the EU if we voted out, and if they wanted to build a wall across the Scottish border.

The look can only be described as sheer panic when they realised.

Deleted
    United we stand, Divided we fall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    I discussed this with a couple of die hard leave people last night who want "secure control over our borders" I pointed out the likelyhood of Scotland leaving and rejoining the EU if we voted out, and if they wanted to build a wall across the Scottish border.

The look can only be described as sheer panic when they realised.
    yep, I've got family in scotland, so I'd prefer not having to hand over details on crossing the Scottish border just to see them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remain because unfortunately I have morals (and common sense), otherwise I'd have voted leave so that Scotland could also leave.

Having been down in London for the last few weeks though I can honestly and truly say im disgusted with the voting population of England and its absolute apathy to its own (and others) issues. The innumerable amount of people not voting because they "dont have time" "cant be bothered" or any other BS excuse is simply ridiculous and wildly unfair to the rest of the people on this damn island that have to deal with the results of your vote.

Its not a right to vote, its your god damned duty.
    No, it really isn't our 'duty', when people weigh up the pros and cons of either side, and can't see the benefit of either, then its a persons duty to themselves.

Whatever happens, bullshit will come along with it, and I don't want to feel like I was a part of that bullshit happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wales as well, they really need the EU as a country and although they havent started their own campaign for independence, the groundwork is fully there. Yeah England could survive and thrive without the EU, but the rest of us wont, and somehow I doubt anyone will be digging into their pockets to prevent that.

Additionally after this storm in a teacup is over, we should seriously have a good long look at the news in this country, if it were upto me we'd scrap everything and start from scratch. The absolute propaganda I've been seeing in newspapers and the like is just vile, its bombarding you from every direction, no better than any other regime we would criticise.
    I'm really hoping for a 51/49 split in favour of remain, and use it as grounds for a complete redo of our political leaders who have failed miserably for the most part in getting people informed properly on this.

Can't do shit about the Mail and the Sun and their ilk sadly, they're protected by laws that are very difficult to break without infringing on human rights.