Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'm going rogue because the outlaw class is very fun in this game, expectually with that roll of the bones is awesome as fuck when you get the right things you needed.

To reiterate Preach's point, make sure you choose a class which has at least 2 specs that you really like. A lot of people are hell bent on re-rolling Enhancement Shaman, which is great, but if you're not a fan of Elemental and don't ever want to heal you're going to feel a little restricted, or perhaps even less useful to your raiding team.

Quote Originally Posted by trm90 View Post
    A lot of people are hell bent on re-rolling Enhancement Shaman, which is great, but if you're not a fan of Elemental and don't ever want to heal you're going to feel a little restricted, or perhaps even less useful to your raiding team.
    You'll be less useful than a mainspec player of resto / ele / whatever offspec because of an artifact. Levelling offspec artifact takes away from your main. Even if it takes little to give more to offspec than it took from main, you're still diminishing your main role.

And tbh, the argument is a bit silly, half my raid team has no offspecs or if they have they never play them so I don't even know if they have, that includes shadow priest, boomkin, ret paladin, mw monk, holy paladin, etc. "hybrids" you'd think they have some offspec. Most ironically people who have offspecs are usually the pure dps ones (locks, mages, rogues). There's maybe 2 dps with healer offspec that they play in case we don't have enough healers. And we had both ele and enha shaman and none of them would offspec into the other dps spec (the enha shaman has resto offspec the ele has none).

So stop scaring people they need to play offspecs. Actually with artifacts how they are they might need to deliberately not play them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvus View Post
    Funny to see theres more people with the same issue I do.

I played since vanilla and have build up huge nostalgia with my Shaman. Yet after reading the novels, playing game like Diablo 3 and ESO. I really like the Paladin.
    So mid WoD my guild allowed me to re-roll to Retribution Paladin. Feeling truly like a beast, loving the lore and class fantasy. Geared it to 740ilvl and enjoyed it.

After I played allot of beta I found on Retribution is not quite to my liking... it feels ... weird, and im in a fight picking a new main instead.

Enhancement truly is a beast yet after 11 years... I'm quite done with Shaman entirely... I think??

I truly wanna like Retribution yet I don't. So I think about going holy and see how it turns out. Or perhaps re-roll someone way different?

Perhaps im only seeing Paladin and Shaman as my to go class because im best at it, and it has the highest ilvl for now?
    If you dig Enh Shaman, then why not just stick to it, even though you have played it for eleven years?

The only reason I change main is because I don't dig the new changes, otherwise I would still play my Rogue after 9 years of being my main.

Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    If you dig Enh Shaman, then why not just stick to it, even though you have played it for eleven years?

The only reason I change main is because I don't dig the new changes, otherwise I would still play my Rogue after 9 years of being my main.
    Well perhaps thats true, besides that I was Elemental. Yet ive been promising myself after I could transmorg my Gladiator tabards. I would reroll. Now paladin really fits my liking as in the lore and class fantasy, loving the class hall and armors. Yet sadly Retribution isnt that great atm. Perhaps ill decide upon launch.

i cant choose between my DK, hunter, mage or rogue or should i go with a DH? D: i need a beta key to test them out

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundreamer View Post
    i cant choose between my DK, hunter, mage or rogue or should i go with a DH? D: i need a beta key to test them out
    You can try them all out except DH on the PTR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    wuold be easier to choose a main if we poor "no beta" mortal could get pre patch....
    just use PTR. Sure you don't get artifacts or level 110 stuff but it gives you enough to get a feel for each spec

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Well the same can be said about any role.
    There is a difference though with other roles. With dps, their a dime a dozen. Easily replaced if they are bad. Healers are in near the same boat. Not only that, but a bad dps or healer can be carried by the others if they are skilled enough and willing. A bad tank can cause wipes and isn't easily covered for. Trust me, I tried. What's worse is when you get a bad tank, you can't just kick them as easily as a dps. You need to have another tank ready to go before you can remove them just so you can raid. Lose a dps or a healer? Just go one down, or recruit another.

It is true, and guild leader will keep good members. Tanks are just in a place where a bad one isn't easily replaced at the expense of possibly losing raid days. So even a good guild leader may keep them just so the others can raid.

Of course we don't worry "what if their crap". Like I said, their a dime a dozen and easily replaced. Even at our worst times, I could replace a bad easily enough by the next raid week. People are also usually more willing to have a healer os then a tank one, and still be effective with it. Usually because healers can use a lot of the same gear as a dps. Were as tanks usually go for Vastly different gear sets, so an off spec tank is harder to get. Especially when most of your raid are pure dps.

I wish you the best of luck too. I have consistently found hunters fun, especially in PvP. Which I see myself doing a lot more of because of the new system. Hopefully the changes go live in the pre-patch event so I can test them out. My only real complaint would be if I couldn't do survival / a ranged spec freely because one is just utter garbage. They have done that in the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm Stuck between Paladin and Demon hunter

My paladin was my first character accomplished a lot 73 Exalted Reputations, Gear that is no longer obtainable etc, While Demon hunters interest me extremely. I know i could play both and the boost of AK makes grinding out AP easier and blah blah blah.

My only decision i need to make is... Which one first?

7+ Year Old Account
    I have sticked to my druid since vanilla even though I have quit and come back few times already. Still my main will be the druid in Legion.

15+ Year Old Account
    For all of you who dont know which to play as main, and also like alts and transmog, here's my advice:

Try to play main and alt at the same type of gear.

Etc. like Paladin? Play a Warrior/Dk as alt.

Why? Because of wardrobe. If you go into some dungeons or raids, and find this very cool piece, your alt can have the same outfit.

Where if you play Paladin as a main and a DH as a alt, they dont really benefit from each others transmog drops in dungeons.

I know it is common sense and knowledge, but that's how I choose what to main and play as an alt.

Same. I have mained Shadow Priest, but I"m getting tired of the slow rampup and the no AoE. CoP was fun, and now they removed it. I like ranged DPS, but mages never did it for me. Feel Shaman is going to be fotm, so that is also not relay appealing, and I can stand druid shapeshift.

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    I'm Stuck between Paladin and Demon hunter

My paladin was my first character accomplished a lot 73 Exalted Reputations, Gear that is no longer obtainable etc, While Demon hunters interest me extremely. I know i could play both and the boost of AK makes grinding out AP easier and blah blah blah.

My only decision i need to make is... Which one first?
    I'm on the same boat.

Been playing Moonkin for 10ish years. Was my only character for many years, not an alt fan here. So all my time, effort, rewards are all on him. Also absolutely love everything about druids and their lore and the celestial them of Balance.

Yet, I don't find the Legion Moonkin engaging and Havoc DH has really peaked my interest. So I'm now torn between fun gameplay and raiding (DH) vs. time investent and overall class feel (Druid).

This expansion has to be the biggest struggle choosing an alt. I always main melee, and I've never struggled before in my choices.

Vanilla I went Enhancement Shaman and stuck to BGs, since obviously noone wanted an Enhancement in PvE(at least from my experience)

Burning Crusade I stuck with Enhancement since it seemed more acceptable in PvE, but the fact that you needed to dual wield killed it for me and I quit

Wrath I went Blood Death Knight, most fun I ever had, sadly they turned my favorite DPS spec of all time into the tank spec. Unholy just didn't give me the same pleasure.

Cata I didn't really enjoy, I was still butthurt that my beloved Blood DK was turned into a tank, and I had a hard time getting over it. Dabbled in Unholy some more, but just couldn't do it, quit again

Mist of Pandaria I rolled an Arms Warrior, the magic of WoW came back, this was some of the most fun I've had right next to Blood DK, and sadly, Blizzard ruined yet another of my favorite classes come the following expansion. Warlords made Arms gameplay abysmal, switching from Blood to Unholy didn't even hurt me this much. I stuck it out for 4 months, hoping, thinking they'd fix it because there is no way that is how it'd stay, but alas, the change never came. Instead of quitting this time, I tried dabbling in other classes, but found nothing that tickled my fancy.

Usually a class calls out to me pre-expansion and I just roll with it, I stick with it and have a good time. I've only ever had maybe 2 classes at most call out to me, I'd play them both and within an hour know what I'd be playing that expansion. I'm not big on alts, as I like investing all my time into one character. This time though, all the flashy melee animations are just too much, I'm enjoying almost every melee class this time around, the decision isn't obvious. I'm stuck between Outlaw Rogue, Havoc Demon Hunter, Arms Warrior again, Unholy Death Knight again(I'm actually enjoying Arms & Unholy this time around) Windwalker monk, or Enhancement Shaman.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If it helps, I used to be a one main person for a long time even though I had a few alts (in all cases, old mains due to changes) and I just couldn't do the multichar thing. However I discovered eventually that the characters you had a lot of memories on, they just never truly leave you. In Legion I am almost certainly going back to focus on one of my old mains, either Shaman or Hunter. Playing them some now, it feels like coming back each time, so it just makes me remember that my WoD main won't really go anywhere, even if I don't play it for a while.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it helps narrow the choices at all, Enhance is most likely going to be one of the more heavily favored FOTM reroll specs come legion. So they are going to be dime a dozen.

Deleted
    Played Warrior since 2005. Every expansion it's always been a Warrior, ofcourse with a few trips to diffirent classes. WoD was horrible in terms of performance. I couldn't get into the new Enrage mechanics, bad numbers as result and ragequits as a result of that and plenty of tries with diffirent classes. Eventually did stick with Warrior.

However, Fury in Legion, it's better than live is on average, but I'm still not impressed. A lot to keep track off, a horrible ability to compensate when you dont get enraged. Neither do I like the class order hall, just not a lot of fun. Arms is ok I guess, but still the whole revamp class fantasy doesnt match up.

But yeah, so many years of Warrior means a lot of titles, transmog and other exclusive stuff. Think GM transmog, Argent Dawn tabards etc. All that stuff has always been a barrier for me to disband my Warrior.

Now the class that I'm considering as well is Ret Paladin. Plays the same style as Arms, just find it more fluent. Since it's also plate and 2-handed, he'll be getting most of my transmog stuff. Same goes for tabards etc. Ofcourse, he cant get my GM transmog, but guess you cant have everything.

So yeah, Arms Warr or Ret Pala. 1 will be main and the other will be main alt.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    With some gear, Ret plays way faster than Arms does. Rets +dmg window playstyle is also more forgiving than Arm's is. Ret also has vastly superior utility and self healing. Arms definitely wins on mobility though. Arms also takes the cake on massive burst if pvp is your game.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2016-06-23 at 01:33 PM.

I think I am going to stick with my main, DK. Both DPS specs are pretty good, not tried Blood yet. It was a tough choice between this and Warlock, which I also like all the specs, I also loved Outlaw rogue but I just cant see it being viable at end game.