View Poll Results: How did you vote in the EU Referendum?

Voters
237. This poll is closed
  • Remain

47 19.83%
  • Leave

47 19.83%
  • Spoiled my ballot

2 0.84%
  • Didn't register/not voting.

5 2.11%
  • I'm not actually British/eligible to vote, I just wanted to click on a poll answer.

136 57.38%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    People in here be like

"We can't trust politicians to uphold their promises"

Politicians be like

"These guys over here in Brussels are why. We can't!"

People be like

"Now I trust noone!"

I weep for humanity. Whatever you may think of your national parliament and ruling class, surely being ruled by an undemocratic institution leads nowhere but down. All the wealthiest nations in the world are democratic and have free or near-free markets. This is no accident. I wish, I desperately wish, that people would stop deluding themselves into thinking that conforming the entire European continent to one set of laws is a good idea... but alas.

I don't think it's hard to tell that I'm in the leave camp - that is I was British (but I am Danish) - but I fear that Remain will win tonight. I think it will.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    but I fear that Remain will win tonight. I think it will.
    hoping so much you are correct

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Leave. Change is coming either way. I'd rather have my country be able to control that change as much as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    If we put a law in stating news has to be factual and not opinionated, sourcing facts for their articles and any retractions must take the same page size and number (frontpage included) as the original incorrect article, we'd probably root out a lot of utter shite.

Voted Leave

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    So if the EU vote passes and things go to shit, your defense is that you done nothing? How is that better than doing something, you'll still be a part of it, you just have a choice to push the nation in a direction that will benefit everyone.
    OH PLEASE, Like anything you or me can do can effect how the nation will change. We can't make politicians do shit, we can hardly influence anything productive. We're just numbers that even if they make a decision, will just break any promises you hoped for. Thats the nature of the beast, a fact your discover in time.

The fundementals of a nation havent changed, they've just been diluted through population, we are still a community, and its upto everyone to decide how to best help that community thrive.
    Then get a job in parliament if you think you can make a difference. You have no idea what will happen because of your vote, to believe so is simply naive, what a political party promises today can be cast aside after they win, thats how these things go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe I am just apathetic to it, since I don't see anything good from it regardless. You end up losing that naive outlook on what governments can do when you've voted for things for years, just to see the reason you voted for things broken. Thats the nature of the beast, and its just taking two steps back and looking at both sides as being childish, just look at the headlines of newspapers and tell me why you would follow either side in this debate?

I voted remain. Leaving is stupid.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Well I had to, otherwise people would vote with how they'd LIKE to vote but can't.

This might be the most inaccurate gallop poll in history but I'd like it to have some fair representation.
    I like it. Very friendly.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Voted remain

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    I voted remain. Leaving is stupid.
    I voted to leave. Why would anybody want to remain in such an undemocratic, collapsing organization that will ruin the country in 10 years time. Trade with Europe has fallen 10% in the last decade and this trend it set to continue but remaining in the EU makes it very difficult to trade with the rest of the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remain, not a fan of the EU really, but saw zero positive reasons to leave.

Both campaigns were run badly.

Social media was full of BS on both sides as well (no surprise there).
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2016-06-23 at 12:36 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by druenos View Post
    I voted to leave. Why would anybody want to remain in such an undemocratic, collapsing organization that will ruin the country in 10 years time. Trade with Europe has fallen 10% in the last decade and this trend it set to continue but remaining in the EU makes it very difficult to trade with the rest of the world.
    Do you come from some alternative universe where certain words means their opposite ?
    You have a vote, you win on most things vote, you don't have to implement them as fully as you tend to do and you can make voting for EU representative open if you wish. You can even get exemptions from certain laws / rules if you have a strong argument.

Yet EU is undemocratic ?

Deleted
    Remain, of course. The economical implications of leaving are not difficult to understand and I'm not anti-immigration. And the EU keeps the fucker in No. 10 from doing anything TOO stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I like it. Very friendly.
    It's surprising how many people just want to click on a poll.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexton View Post
    Do you come from some alternative universe where certain words means their opposite ?
    You have a vote, you win on most things vote, you don't have to implement them as fully as you tend to do and you can make voting for EU representative open if you wish. You can even get exemptions from certain laws / rules if you have a strong argument.

Yet EU is undemocratic ?
    I think that the people who are under the impression that the EU is undemocratic are expecting a vote everytime the EU does something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    Not voting, not really a fan of either direction as we get screwed both ways If I HAD to pick it would be remain, we're doing decent enough inside, why shake things up if we don't have to, can always vote out later.
    why why why why why why WHY -.- just go and vote

also: remain

Deleted
    Imagine the money we could generate if we fined people who didn't go to vote.

Deleted
    This thread needs to be closed, while it is great to see some early results it is however against uk law to discuss voting results in any online or printed media until voting has closed at 10pm gmt
    source http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politic...endum-36599900