Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    The weird thing about this spell is that it appears useless without Brain Freeze. Then again, Frostfire Bolt was probably similar at that, with the exception of when being locked out of a school of spells.

PS. I love this spec for levelling or general purpose use now. I don't know why I'm surprised about this since it's not different from live at that. I don't even have a relic on it yet.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...16?page=30#587

Shatter/freeze changes incoming, fairly important for Flurry.

Pretty funny he listed GS despite GS not being on Shatter yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Shatter applies to all spells. Do you mean it's bugged?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...16?page=30#587

Shatter/freeze changes incoming, fairly important for Flurry.

Now if only they could make Icicles spawn on cast instead of on impact so Glacial Spike would be less awkward and not require 6 Frostbolts.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Now if only they could make Icicles spawn on cast instead of on impact so Glacial Spike would be less awkward and not require 6 Frostbolts.
    GS is usable on cast of the 5th, the 6th was an issue with the Icicle buff not being triggered and thus the Glacial Spike! spell was waiting for an Icicle overflow as a failsafe. Works fine now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Shatter applies to all spells. Do you mean it's bugged?
    Blizzard? 4 month old bugs? Naaaaaah, can't happen.

Shatter is a list of spells, added manually by Blizzard. GS has yet to be put on it. It's on my list quoted earlier. I'm salty because Flurry's actual damage component is a new spell, and it's on Shatter already. Shatter GS would make outdoor content so much easier, it's not even funny; 600k+ crits tend to chunk mobs with only 1m health.
    Last edited by Kuni Zyrekai; 2016-06-23 at 02:40 PM.

Deleted

Shatter is a list of spells, added manually by Blizzard. GS has yet to be put on it. It's on my list quoted earlier. I'm salty because Flurry's actual damage component is a new spell, and it's on Shatter already. Shatter GS would make outdoor content so much easier, it's not even funny; 600k+ crits tend to chunk mobs with only 1m health.
    That sounds like the PvP area is stopping them.

In any case, if it's a list, they should list them.

15+ Year Old Account
    In any case, if it's a list, they should list them.
    http://legion.wowhead.com/spell=12982/shatter Behold, the list.

It's just some shit bug, it'll get fixed eventually.
    Last edited by Kuni Zyrekai; 2016-06-23 at 03:05 PM.

Did anyone else read this, and then instantly hear the commercial tag line in their head: "Behold the power of Cheese!"

So the new Shatter should be fun in mythic+. Comet storm, freeze, ice nova = big aoe burst of crits
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2016-06-23 at 03:09 PM.

GS is usable on cast of the 5th, the 6th was an issue with the Icicle buff not being triggered and thus the Glacial Spike! spell was waiting for an Icicle overflow as a failsafe. Works fine now.
    Oh okay :P I'm not on PTR/Beta (since my computer was out of commission the last month and I finally got it up yesterday with a new GPU, plus I'm a lazy fuck), so I didn't know.

Thrall dropping you on Madness of Deathwing literally all of Dragon Soul? Perish the thought!
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2016-06-23 at 03:43 PM.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Hold on. Why does it have fire spells? Do you know if that list is automatically datamined or did someone manually add them?

I have seen wowdb and wowhead disagreeing on such lists before so I couldn't figure out if they mine it or do it manually.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    So the new Shatter should be fun in mythic+. Comet storm, freeze, ice nova = big aoe burst of crits
    Yeah, Shatter on impact rather than cast and freezes not breaking for 400ms is going to be fantastic for our AOE burst, but I would still really like some sustained AOE through Blizzard buffs. I ran some more dungeons last night and it was pretty sad on trash. Kinda sucks having to pick between GS and CmS, but hopefully the Flurry change means CmS is a bit better single target now.

Hold on. Why does it have fire spells? Do you know if that list is automatically datamined or did someone manually add them?
    Why not? It's still all spells, just happens that we don't have access to the others. Why remove them? It's just extra work. The list is datamined.

Yeah, Shatter on impact rather than cast and freezes not breaking for 400ms is going to be fantastic for our AOE burst, but I would still really like some sustained AOE through Blizzard buffs.
    *nodnod* Doesn't the shatter change also slightly nerf CmS though, or do the comets come down in < 0.4s?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    *nodnod* Doesn't the shatter change also slightly nerf CmS though, or do the comets come down in < 0.4s?
    Maaaan, now I've gotta report that. You're right though, ~1200ms.

Hold on. Why does it have fire spells?
    because back in the good old days when I could choose to play the mage class instead of picking a spec and having 66% of my class buttons disappear, shatter was stupidly useful for arcane and fire spells
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2016-06-23 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    I think the goal of it is:

-Easier due to having no pet to manage
    -No risk of pet dying/despawning and losing dps
    -No need to bind Freeze/Water Jet to your keys/bar/less utility

In exchange for...
    -a slight DPS loss

I don't know how close it is compared to having the pet DPS-wise, but I don't think they want to make the talent that makes your life easier be the DPS increasing one.

-------------------

As for Flurry's graphic/spell animation... Blizzard already said they will be doing a big spell animation update in the future. So I think we'll have to wait for that before we see any amazing new spell animations. They can't do melee and spell updates at the same time so we'll have to be patient. Also an experimental spell like Flurry would get a placeholder animation until they're 100% sure they want to keep it in the game. The Blue Post where they discussed adding it made it sound like it was created because of the community's request, and not on their own request, so IMO it sounds a bit experimental.
    Ah thank you very much!!

15+ Year Old Account
    So who's ready for offensive Shimmer for optimal DPS?

Oh you want to blink during Flurry so that the spell you cast just prior hits while the debuff is still up because Flurry has less distance to travel? That's pretty funny.

...still makes me think it should give the target a debuff that just affects the next frost spell cast (or a buff on you even), rather than just being an effect with a very short duration.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    ...still makes me think it should give the target a debuff that just affects the next frost spell cast (or a buff on you even), rather than just being an effect with a very short duration.
    Would be nice, yeah.

What way is more beneficial for DPS (first 12-13 traits) in your Artifact for Frost? I mean, I wanna level a mage on Beta and don't want to fuck up my Artifact.

Would like to see Ice Age and Orbital strike traits changed, with FO going back to a 1 minute cool down, their value has dropped significantly. Before the advant of Flurry it was possible to have 2 or 3 orbs out at once, that is gone.

Further would like to see those used as a means to improve our AoE damage. Since it is the artifact, we are limited to spells that are core to Frost.

Thoughts I have;

Orbital Strike - increases damage done by Frozen Orb and Blizzard by 5%

Ice Age - increases the critical strike damage of Frozen Orb and Blizzard by 15%

Basically just add Blizzard to both those traits. Obviously I am not sure that returns the lost damage, or is too much. If it is too much, they could increase cool down on Blizzard to bring the numbers in line.

Also please note - The Storm Rages buff critical strike chance not critical strike damage.