Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Anyone still listens to anything that gigantic troll has to say?
    The only thing he does is scream, yell and talks shit about anything and everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt0193 View Post
    Yet the progression point still stands. If I'm Fire and Frost does 20% more damage and I'm asked to reroll, I could have 100% AP gain and be able to get Frost's artifact up to a reasonable level without much trouble. If I'm Ret and it remains the shitfest spec it is and even gets nerfed, I don't have that same level of Artifact Knowledge on an alt, because it's an alt, so I'm inherently going to have a worse time rerolling compared to a pure.
    Depends on what sort of guild you're in
    High tier guilds usually require you to have good alts.

Its a game. Why play if you arent enjoying it ? If you are in the race for world first, yes ofcourse you have to do what it takes. But 98% of the players here, heck even in wow are not in that bracket. Play for fun. Do not make it into a job and hate every second of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Solo content? Do whatever the f*ck you want. However, if you are doing group content and keep slacking, you are wasting the sub time of every other player in the group as well.
    Your not wasting anyone's time, they're wasting yours. If they want a tank, they should find one and not a healer.

Deleted
    If you need Preach to tell you things like these, than maybe you're also the type of person who needs a raidleader to tell you what to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh God just another troll posting.

All he said play what you enjoy. Don't play what anotherone said you should cause (and he makes a good point here) If you don't enjoy the class/spec you are playing you won't give the full 100% and reach your optimum cause you just don't care enough.

He said play what you enjoy cause then you will naturally become better, help your team better and enjoy the game for a longer time thus helping your raid even more than rerolling to a Class you don't like only to quit a couple of weeks after

Deleted
    Comic on the front page is like made for this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins View Post
    Let's just put it this way...

Asking this to go respec Fire is just a travesty. C'mon now. xD
    We get it you want to play frost.

Now the question is what is you goal on progression wise?

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    general population of people consist mainly of idiots and analphabets - its sad but true - things like reading from context and undderstanding what you heard is to hard ofr majority of monkeys in society sad but true
    While I disagree with your over generalization, because everyone claims that the majority of the world is stupid, Only them and their friends are smart.

At the same time, it does seem that at least here on MMO-C, the click baits are becoming fairly common. Sometimes, I wonder if it's not a test of some sorts. If we look at the video and then look at the title, we don't see a correlation for this thread title. It does make me curious if the poster watched the video and inferred something outside of what was said. Or if the OP just wanted to talk about something else and just threw this video in because it was the closest thing he could find to the subject.

So the question is, which topic are we really discussing? The one Preach is making in the video or the one the OP twisted it into with his title?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaconda11 View Post
    hi , what do you guys make of preach saying play what you want in raids, not what your raid leader/team tell you to spec??

doesnt that mean your not team player if you cba to help out by respecing even thou you dont like it :/ ???? here the video
    I think you're totally misrepresenting what the guy said and effectively making a strawman argument.

His point is 100% valid and correct. Choose a class and spec you enjoy. If it turns out that a raid becomes unviable with everyone going with their first choice, then sure, some people will need to change to say, their second or third choices. A team leader that simply dictates that you will play class x with spec y is not a good leader. A good leader will find a compromise in which his team members are all happy.

If it just so happens that there is a crucial role that no one in the raid wants to perform, then the solution is to find a new player for the team who wants to fulfil that role.

Of course if a player insists on playing a class/spec combination that is detrimental to the raid group, and is totally unwilling to compromise on that then sure, that would be an example of a poor team player because, let's be honest - anyone who is a sufficiently serious raider to be participating in a group where such things actually matter, would surely be able to enjoy more than just 1 spec out of what...50?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tiarno View Post
    If you need Preach to tell you things like these, than maybe you're also the type of person who needs a raidleader to tell you what to play.
    ^^ This is a good point actually

Deleted
    Sure play what you want when you want. Just expect to be benched when your spec is shit for the encounter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I read an application for a 13/13M Guild last week from a Mage. He said he refuses to play Arcane at all, only wants to play Frost, because he sucks at it and will never even bother trying to play it.
    If you're applying for a competitive scene (either PvP or PvE it doesn't matter) you don't just gimp yourself playing a sub-par specc, but also handicap your Raid by not making it easier. One could argue people fail more to mechanics as DPS/HPS checks, but getting past certain points in fights faster also makes things easier, and showing knowledge of your Class as a whole gives people (to me) more credibility. I'd trust someone knowing all Mage/Warlock/Rogue speccs above someone who only plays 1 because of either transmog/RP reasons in any competitive environement.
    You can play the Class you want, but each Class comes with Speccs and responsibilities tied to them. At least try to get a grasp of how the other Speccs of your Class work in case you have a change of heart of certain points in the game require you to change for convienence reasons.

Edit: There is no wrong Class choice, only wrong Specc choices in competitive play.
    Last edited by Mhyroth; 2016-06-23 at 03:43 PM.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    I finished the content since Autumn 2015 on my main. I was actually talking from the perspective of my alt's guild which is about world 1000, but still finished content.

In both guilds people switch and respec as needed without any issues. Why would you do a spec that pulls 100K MAX when another can do 200K? That's simply not acceptable for mythic raiders.

As for my 200 posts, I'm so sorry. I will make sure to spam more so my posts can be more relevant.

Because post number is relevant, not validity of ideas...
    Since 2015 and top 1000 ladies and gentlemen.../stands and starts slow clap
    A fine example of mediocre posing as elitiest.
    I guess my appraisal of your type was spot on, how sad...
    Thanks for confirming what I suspected, good to know my raid group's way has net me top 20 and has kept us together for years, and your method nails down top 1000, thanks for sharing bud.
    When we go for top 20 we DO use a spec that nets double. But when I am in my alt's raid, we don't care, and still beat the ever loving piss out of your top 1000 and finish in the top 100.
    What's that say bud?
    Is that unacceptable for mythic?
    Is that bad?
    Should we take turns kicking each other from our raid group for it?
    And just an fyi, I've finished all content since the Sunwell, and placed since 2009.
    Trust me, the dps isn't so important.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    -snip-
    Apparently you cant read what the person said, but you flexed your e-peen, you are so good! Learn to read what he said.

Also there are so many other things about raiding which makes this discussion pointless.

Especially all these "raid leaders" that killed the content with whatever composition.

Did your "whatever composition" cleared everything in a timely mannered? Or did you clear it 6 months after the raid was released which at least 1 patch has given new items which makes the previous raid obsolete?

There are tons of questions you can lie to or whatever but the fact remains.

If you wanted to be a heroic raider (Now Mythic) you must bring your 100% whether its spec, time etc.

Bringing your sub-part spec would get you kicked from any logical guild if you had the mentality "I will play what i want" no one wants to carry a stranger.

The video is pointless, if you need to be told this stuff then you should not be raiding -at all- or simply stay in LFR, its the reason why it was created.

Raiding is math, if you cant fulfill the math behind it then you dont deserve to be there, its simple.
    Last edited by potis; 2016-06-23 at 04:04 PM.

Deleted
    I think any raider with half a brain will switch specs himself or willingly if it means helping the team down something. It would be difficult for blizz to find the right balance for all specs, the most popular is usually the one with highest dps for single and for AOE target. I have no problem with it unless it somehow affects raid challenge.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone that has ever raided Mythic will realize this dude is a moron. He occasionally says a smart thing or two, but then he goes and says something moronic like this. You absolutely have to play the best spec possible if you're pushing progression. Period. No discussion
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Anyone that has ever raided Mythic will realize this dude is a moron. He occasionally says a smart thing or two, but then he goes and says something moronic like this. You absolutely have to play the best spec possible if you're pushing progression. Period. No discussion
    the video wasn't directed to people pushing progression in mythic, tbh. Most people pushing mythic already know what he's saying.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    the video wasn't directed to people pushing progression in mythic, tbh. Most people pushing mythic already know what he's saying.
    Thats a good point, but then again, do the super casuals really watch videos?
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Would you stop with these semi-trolling threads with arguments that are taken out of context? The guy gets a boner everytime you mention him on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    I love Preach and he makes a great point.

Unless you are in a top world guild and are in it for the competition then play what you want. I can't imagine those guys care a whole ton about what spec they play. They want to win and will play whatever class/spec that'll allow that.

I'm sure they have their preferences of course but I think it comes down to the rush of competing for them.

In the end play what you want and what makes you happy. If your raid leader is being a dick about it then find a new guild or start doing something other than raiding.
    Yeah this is how I see it as well. Every DPS spec nowadays is viable anyways if you're not raiding at the cutting edge level.

Obviously within reason though, as in can't have eight people playing tank specs.