Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    Have changed tack from my initial position and voted Remain, having done a fuck ton of reading - mostly the major reports on the economic consequences of Brexit and further opinion on their content from commentators on both sides. Can't be arsed to bullet-point all the reasons why, and certainly don't want to do any more arguing; no more energy left.

Anyway, I hope both sides can reconcile themselves after the result, whichever way it goes. Not sure the Tories will manage this, though - ha. Osborne's shot himself in the foot, politically, and stands as much chance of becoming the next UK PM as Corbyn. Will be interesting to see what happens with Cameron and whether there'll be an early general election.

Peace and prosperity to you all, in or out of the EU.
    If we stay remain, I am looking into moving to one of the former colonies simply because I cannot abide living in a country where our shit government is the slave puppet to an even shitter government.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Not a chance in hell, the EEC referendum was 67.23%, no way the EU gets anywhere near that.
    53 stay 47 leave

Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    Really? Last time a checked around 50% think they are better off outside a union. You call that a victim mentality?
    Because a great deal of those who think they are better off outside the union... blame EU for their problems. No EU = no problems.

And they even have a democratic vote for it......wow.
    How is that relevant?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    IT is shit, but not for that. Might wanna read the clown joke i was quoting. The UK could and will be able to do trade agreements without the EU, the EU gives it little on that front. I was pointing out that it loses deals as much as it wins them because of the EU. If you think countries in proxitity to the UK will stop all trades because of its exit, its just your wishful thinking. Why is Canada and Mexico not a states of the USA yet? I mean clearly it would broker much better deals. Hell why arent Japan, China and USA not a single country? So much trade going on!!! Must be all a single entity to trade!!!!!!
    Canada USA and mexico are all but in text part of a trade union. Nafta. IF the UK wants something similar to that then they will have to accept the ttip and leaving the EU is not going to do them favours when negotiating it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Because a great deal of those who think they are better off outside the union... blame EU for their problems. No EU = no problems.

How is that relevant?
    Really?

Who says that? Not even Nigel Farage would claim that all issues come from the EU lol.

It is relevant because it shows that human beings can be civil. Muslims have the same option

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    They are not adding Turkey anytime soon, they are allowing some level of negotiation to keep Erdogan happy while waiting for the flow of refugees to go down but it will never end in Turkey joining.

Also that centralized eu army claim is probably a hoax.
    Legitimate quotes from EU officials from Brussels are not hoaxes. But the fact that it WILL happen is something very likely to happen because Brussels fucked the pooch when it came to the immigrants.

It's all just a sign that the EU really has no UK interests when it comes to the relationship. They expect us to shut up and deal with their rules, there is literally no give and take.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Okay, tonight I was given the choice of Nandos or Pizza Hut, I went with Nandos but that does not mean I think Pizza Hut is the devil.

Just because people would like to not be in the EU does not mean they think the EU is the root of all evil. Many Brexiteers simply think the UK is better served by leaving, some don't even think it will be better off financially but that the reward is worth the price (similar to a prostitute quitting that career and no longer having to bend over all the time).
    Did I say wanting a Brexit is synonymous with blaming EU? Nope. Did I say it's all Brexit supporters? Nope. But there are many that do so. Hell, earlier in the thread we had people blaming EU for UK strict anti-tabacco regulations when it was UK going way ahead of what the EU directive required.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    How relevant is what happened more than 500 years ago today?
    Because the Muslim states have regressed their society back to those 500 years ago?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Yeh pretty much. It's either that or behave like a spoiled child and throw the toys out the pram.
    Ah right.

"Follow our rules we changed in the agreement, everything else is immature"

Deleted
    considering google satellite providing free, super fast internet for all EU members by 2030...leaving now seems like not that great of an idea.

Deleted
    How relevant is what happened more than 500 years ago today?

Are you going to bring up the terrible vikings next?
    Erm.....this was not just 500 years ago. We are talking 18th century.

Centures of invasions. It is important because muslims are always percieved as victims but histerically they are not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan View Post
    considering google satellite providing free, super fast internet for all EU members by 2030...leaving now seems like not that great of an idea.
    Considering the UK has paid for tons of miles of fibre optic cables via BT, sounds like we'd just be paying for Romania's internet for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    Canada USA and mexico are all but in text part of a trade union. Nafta. IF the UK wants something similar to that then they will have to accept the ttip and leaving the EU is not going to do them favours when negotiating it.
    You are pretty much making my point for me. UK wanted a trading union. Thats why the original people that pushed for the UK to join, are now the people leading the camp to leave it. Because the EU is not only a trading union, it really brings nothing to the UK in general that it could not have on its own. Same reason why Mexico and Canada dont need to have anything but a trading Union with the USA, it has no benefit being more the a trading union. Giving up their own federal government, federal banks and federal military serves no purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Berserker View Post
    You can complain about the UK disliking the EU all you want, the simple matter of fact is the EU is not what the UK signed up for, we wanted a trading partnership, not a proto-state forcing regulations on our civil laws that stands quite rightly as something the UK would have little say in and would have nothing but bad impacts on the UK.
    Except EEC was already heavily leaning towards political zone when UK joined. And they were one of the champions of making it even more political after they joined, no one forced them to push for the Single European act or to sign the Maastrich Treaty. They did both willingly. And yup, EU making pro-consumer and pro-worker laws that UK fought against have nothing but bad impacts on the UK /s

We already have little say in the undemocratic process of the EU, and with talks of unified EU army and such, why should the UK sit around paying for things it does not want?
    The EU process is democratic and UK has the same say as the others. They even vote in favor of almost all the legislation.

Poland got fucked by Germany and a few weeks later by the Soviets. Then even after the war they got fucked for decades just like many many other countries in Europe.

Odd though, never heard of polish suicide bombers or hungarians beheading western journalists.
    How the fuck is that related to my post?

Deleted
    Except they didn't because appealing to the European Court is still a thing in my country. Sounds awfully like civil law than trade agreement contracts to me.
    Okay, A are you talking about the EHCR or the ECJ?
    regardless, UK has surrendered sovereignty to a joint court to settle disputes, a not uncommon procedure in all trade relations.
    You may have heard of it, IDS courts?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    How the fuck is that related to my post?
    You are the one claiming the west has such a huge responisbility for what happens in Muslim countries. It doesn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again what is the relevance?
    They were talking about historical blame, so history is relevant. Not to this thread, but to their argument with Djalil.

No rules were changed without every member state agreeing to it, now stop sprouting nonsense
    Oh, so the UK was allowed to veto the European Court of Justice now?

Oh wait.

Within the EU itself, the Court of Justice's view is that if EU law conflicts with a provision of national law, then EU law has primacy.

Quote Originally Posted by risingforce View Post
    One is working class, and decided late in the referendum that she was 'fed up with the rich people' banging on about staying in; in the end she could see it was only the working classes and non-elites that wanted Out, so she made a decision based on that
    yup ex City of London commercial banker Nigel Farage is a real working class hero of the non-elite

as is millionaire Boris Johnson who eventually decided to back leaving after working out it gave him the best chance of being the UKs next prime minister without having to win an election
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2016-06-23 at 02:57 PM.

You are the one claiming the west has such a huge responisbility for what happens in Muslim countries. It doesn't.
    Care to quote me on that?