Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    No I am had a go at a guy who justifies buying from G2A because he can't afford all games. There is a Massive difference in buying from G2A and a steam sell..

If you read what he said then you would have realized this.

He and others don't give a fuck if they hurt devs, as long as they get there game they feel entitled to.
    He never said he bought from g2a, he said he bought from steam or full price.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    He never said he bought from g2a, he said he bought from steam or full price.
    Once again would help if you read the replys...
    Even more so when its right on the first page.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Have been using sites like G2A for along time with no issues so far. Last games i got was Batman arkam asylum and city both GOTY editions for 8$, now if someone would sell them cheaper i would use that site unless it had tons of negative reviews.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again would help if you read the replys...
    Even more so when its right on the first page.

My only excuse is I've been stuck on a train for 4 hours due to signal errors...
    ...okay I'm an idiot. Apologies lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    If I buy a product the day it comes out for half the price of everywhere else I am under no illusion that I likely bought an illegally obtained product, regardless of where it was bought or who buy. This is particularly the case for online platforms where loss-leaders are less of a factor, especially in the case of multi-seller marketplaces.

Your comment regarding legitimate second hand was that you were supporting the developer - this is incorrect. The developer gets no support from you whether that copy was thrown, given to someone, or resold to you. I have no issue with resells but don't try to pretend that you are supporting anyone but the person reselling it if you go for that option.
    Buying a lot of CD keys at once allows these websites to lower their prices, also, in Europe, their keys often comes from eastern countries, which is why they're cheaper
    It's legal, and it's not theft. There is no proof that it is not legitimate
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2016-06-23 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    My only excuse is I've been stuck on a train for 4 hours due to signal errors...
    ...okay I'm an idiot. Apologies lol.
    Shit happens no biggie

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nevene View Post
    Ya there is no proof that its not legitimate besides the proof that has been posted that they sell stolen goods..

Also isn't like you have to buy protection to get a refund and people have had issues canceling there membership with G2A....

Naw none of those things have happen.

Edit: Good video to watch and he has links in his video description.

Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-06-23 at 02:30 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Deleted
    Shit happens no biggie

- - - Updated - - -

Ya there is no proof that its not legitimate because the proof that has been posted that they sell stolen goods..

Also isn't like you have to buy protection to get a refund and people have had issues canceling there membership with G2A....

Naw none of those things have happen.

Edit: Good video to watch and he has links in his video description.

Some people claimed they were selling stolen goods, it's not a proof at all.
    The fact that they automatically charge people monthly for G2A Guard is for sure dishonest, but it's nowhere near a proof that their games are stolen

Some people claimed they were selling stolen goods, it's not a proof at all.
    The fact that they automatically charge people monthly for G2A Guard is for sure dishonest, but it's nowhere near a proof that their games are stolen
    Good thing those people (one of them being a big AAA company "Ubisoft) proved they was.

Once again read the facts already posted because I am personally tired of reposting them. A quick way to them is in the video description of the video I posted you quoted. That isn't all the proof but more then enough.

Buying a lot of CD keys at once allows these websites to lower their prices, also, in Europe, their keys often comes from eastern countries, which is why they're cheaper
    Selling in regions you're not licensed to is also not legal, if that wasn't obvious. This doesn't affect single sellers but any form of mass buying in eastern europe to sell everywhere else is most certainly something you'll get chased down for.

And yes, AUTHORIZED sellers get keys cheap enough to sell it below the developer (barely) as an incentive for them to sell it at all. They do not get it near enoug to sell it at half price or lower.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    This sounds like the whole Xbox one "always on" thing so you couldnt use trade in games. Is it c allied DRM? Can't remember now.

To me it sounds like the developers are getting pissy because PC gamers can now do "trade-ins/preowned". I do how ever understand the stolen credit card side of it but the amount they lost from stolen credit card vs "trade-in/preowned" games would nice to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferwyn View Post
    This sounds like the whole Xbox one "always on" thing so you couldnt use trade in games. Is it c allied DRM? Can't remember now.

To me it sounds like the developers are getting pissy because PC gamers can now do "trade-ins/preowned". I do how ever understand the stolen credit card side of it but the amount they lost from stolen credit card vs "trade-in/preowned" games would nice to know.
    Watch the video I posted above and read the links in said video. It will catch you up on what is going on.

Deleted
    Selling in regions you're not licensed to is also not legal, if that wasn't obvious. This doesn't affect single sellers but any form of mass buying in eastern europe to sell everywhere else is most certainly something you'll get chased down for.

And yes, AUTHORIZED sellers get keys cheap enough to sell it below the developer (barely) as an incentive for them to sell it at all. They do not get it near enoug to sell it at half price or lower.
    I doubt it is illegal, if that was, game editors probably wouldn't need to put regional lockouts on their games by themselves, also, most games are locked to Europe as a whole. Buying goods to sell them somewhere else is basically the whole point of many businesses, it's not illegal.

Good thing those people (one of them being a big AAA company "Ubisoft) proved they was.

Once again read the facts already posted because I am personally tired of reposting them. A quick way to them is in the video description of the video I posted you quoted. That isn't all the proof but more then enough.
    But they didn't, they claimed it, that's all, the video is just a bunch of claims that are never proved, i'm not going to believe something because some guy told it in a video, and i'm not surprised at all that Ubisoft tries to take down websites that found a way to sell games for cheaper costs in western countries
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2016-06-23 at 03:31 PM.

I doubt it is illegal, if that was, game editors probably wouldn't need to put regional lockouts on their games by themselves, also, most games are locked to Europe as a whole.

But they didn't, they claimed it, that's all, the video is just a bunch of claims that are never proved, i'm not going to believe something because some guy told it in a video, and i'm not surprised at all that Ubisoft tries to take down websites that found a way to sell games for cheaper costs in western countries
    Don't bother with him. He will just keep telling you it is illegal and the goods are stolen etc etc like the words are going out of fashion.

So you ignore the links posted and then try to blame Ubisoft. Not surprised at all really.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Don't bother with him. He will just keep telling you it is illegal and the goods are stolen etc etc like the words are going out of fashion.
    Posts links showing fact and gets ignored. That's why talking with people like you is pointless. Only gives you give is how to get games cheap. You don't give a dam who it hurts.

So you ignore the links posted and then try to blame Ubisoft. Not surprised at all really.

- - - Updated - - -

Posts links showing fact and gets ignored. That's why talking with people like you is pointless. Only gives you give is how to get games cheap. You don't give a dam who it hurts.
    Yep pretty much what you say dude. And until G2A goes it will be where I keep getting my games.

Yep pretty much what you say dude. And until G2A goes it will be where I keep getting my games.
    As long as you accept you support theft.

Why by anything really just go steal it...

As long as you accept you support theft.

Why by anything really just go steal it...
    Yup I'm totally a thief.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

The links posted essentially claim the same as the video and still bring no proof. Absolutely all of them are ridiculously one sided.
    As long as the law allows me to do so, I will keep buying my games on these websites. Not to mention these websites benefit from overwhelmingly positive feedback and after sales services that are among the best out there.

Some guy on Reddit claming their key was invalid doesn't make them shady at all, that kind of shit happens to all of the sellers
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2016-06-23 at 03:11 PM.

The links posted essentially claim the same as the video and still bring no proof. Absolutely all of them are ridiculously one sided.
    As long as the law allows me to do so, I will keep buying my games on these websites. Not to mention these websites benefit from overwhelmingly positive feedback and after sales service that are among the best out there.
    This is true. I had one invalid key for a game once. Got in touch with support and they gave me a good key in about less than 3 hours. Also watch now he's gonna come back at ya saying "AMG YOU SUPPORT THEFT!!!".
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-06-23 at 03:15 PM.

That might be because I actually work with online businesses involving marketplaces and have experience dealing with the law surrounding it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

That might be because I actually work with online businesses involving marketplaces and have experience dealing with the law surrounding it.
    Didn't mean you mate.