Page 30 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not gonna lie to you, I fuck with the gamepad aiming in Twilight Princess HD. Hope it's an option in Breath of the Wild.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I don't see any similarities besides lol stairs. The columns in breath are much larger and less detailed
    I think it's pretty similar. Scale of things isn't going to be super important, they likely scaled things to be larger because the world is bigger and they can. The window is right, the flowers in the area as opposed to not many flowers elsewhere, and the columns that are broken to the left of the stairs, leading up to the chest, mean there could have been a wall there.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Not gonna lie to you, I fuck with the gamepad aiming in Twilight Princess HD. Hope it's an option in Breath of the Wild.
    it is. and im sure it will also be an option in nx. gyro in a controller isnt exactly rocket science these days. will probably be here to stay since its been in every 3d zelda since ocarinas remake on 3ds
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    it is. and im sure it will also be an option in nx. gyro in a controller isnt exactly rocket science these days. will probably be here to stay since its been in every 3d zelda since ocarinas remake on 3ds
    It's not rocket science but I've only seen nintendo and steam utilize it for gaming. A game like overwatch on console would be 1000x better with some gyro aiming ala splatoon but devs don't uitilize it for w/e reason
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

It's not rocket science but I've only seen nintendo and steam utilize it for gaming. A game like overwatch on console would be 1000x better with some gyro aiming ala splatoon but devs don't uitilize it for w/e reason
    doesnt the ps3/4 have some form of gyro in it? ive never owned one but i couldve sworn it did
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    doesnt the ps3/4 have some form of gyro in it? ive never owned one but i couldve sworn it did
    Not sure about the Dualshock 4. Never seen it used if it does, but the PS3 has Sixaxis and that would be horrible for aiming.

It does for typing, it's actually pretty accurate but that's the only thing it's used for, to chat, nobody else uses it for anything but that.

It does for typing, it's actually pretty accurate but that's the only thing it's used for, to chat, nobody else uses it for anything but that.
    It's suppose to work with the emotes in Dark Souls too, but I can't ever get that to work properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    It's suppose to work with the emotes in Dark Souls too, but I can't ever get that to work properly.
    I don't play dark souls so I'm not sure how to initiate it.

Anyway gyro aiming in breathe with bows will be great.

I want to know what timeline this game is from so I can play that game. OoT? WW? I NEED TO KNOW CUZ LIKE I CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT THIS GAME FOR SOME REASON

I don't play dark souls so I'm not sure how to initiate it.

Anyway gyro aiming in breathe with bows will be great.

I want to know what timeline this game is from so I can play that game. OoT? WW? I NEED TO KNOW CUZ LIKE I CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT THIS GAME FOR SOME REASON
    Well they all split after OoT, so Ocarina of Time is a definite one to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Well they all split after OoT, so Ocarina of Time is a definite one to play.
    imo, everyone should play ocarina of time, a link to the past and wind waker. nomatter what timeline its on. all amazing games

- - - Updated - - -

and really, nomatter what timeline its on those 3 should cover it.

imo its almost assuredly going to either be on the wind waker timeline or the hero defeated timeline

ok I looked up the timeline, so this has to be a spirit tracks sequel no? Cause that's when everything dried up? And that would explain all the OoT references

ok I looked up the timeline, so this has to be a spirit tracks sequel no? Cause that's when everything dried up? And that would explain all the OoT references
    If you look a page or so back, I quoted someone who did a lot more research and has some good reasons why it may not be on the wind waker timeline, including why koroks may exist in this timeline.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you look a page or so back, I quoted someone who did a lot more research and has some good reasons why it may not be on the wind waker timeline, including why koroks may exist in this timeline.
    but arent twlight princess goats in it?

i see there being 4 options of where this will go on the timeline.

1. wind waker prequel. in which case, ive no idea which fucking link this is. ocarina of time link? that would make him a clone though yeah? idk. aka hyrule right before the gods flooded it to seal ganon in

2. wind waker sequel. this is the hero of the winds all grown up or cloned. the game overall has the wind wakers artstyle for the most part, it has koroks, and tbh this is what i expect "adult" wind waker link to look like and it would provide a really cool parallel to the hero of time that he replaced in his timeline that he too was put into some sort of stasis and woke up as an adult. this is the one i think is most likely. aka hyrule unflooded by the koroks planting trees and sucking up the water. explains all the ruins, explains the master sword being rusted, explains ganon being a ghost spirit thingy.

3. ocarina of time sequel/a link to the past prequel. part of me believes they made the hero fails timeline specifically so they could put games into a timeline where link failed.

if link failed, does that mean he died? it is called the "tower of resurrection" or did some timey wimey shit happened that when he time travelled removed him from the timeline like how he was removed from wind wakers?

personally i always viewed the hero fails timeline as a huge fucking cop out. there were plenty of fan speculations that made perfect sense on where the original 2d games couldve gone and it felt like they just shoved them into their own corner to say fuck it. it doesnt really explain why ganon is a giant cloud of smoke ghost monster thing but eh.

4. zelda 2 sequel. this would make it a sequel to the original games and put it at the end of the hero fails timeline. this would also make it the ORIGINAL link, from the very ever first zelda game.

imo this is much more likely than option 3 because hyrule wasnt really in decline of such a state shown in breath of the wilds in a link to the past. it still seemed for the most part a pretty stable kingdom and didnt seem to turn into a ghost town until everything got fucked up in zelda 1 and 2 and we see again in a link between worlds that its not until the era of great decline that hyrule really starts to lose it.

all in all these are all really cool places the story could go and relatively untapped storywise.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1238179

Someone on NeoGAF says that the trademark mentions cartiridges.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1238179

Someone on NeoGAF says that the trademark mentions cartiridges.
    Here we go....

I can't wait to blow some cartridges.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard Illuminati View Post
    Here we go....

I can't wait to blow some cartridges.
    That's because you're assuming they'd be cartridges like the NES or N64. If they go the cartridge route, and I think it could be smart, is by having SD sized cartridges, with a fast enough speed that it can relay data quickly. I've never had to blow on an SD card to get it to work in my camera.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    That's because you're assuming they'd be cartridges like the NES or N64. If they go the cartridge route, and I think it could be smart, is by having SD sized cartridges, with a fast enough speed that it can relay data quickly. I've never had to blow on an SD card to get it to work in my camera.
    I think you missed the punchline, but yeah if they're gonna be cartridges, they'll be like SD card sized.

I know that MMO Champ usually has a hard on for anything Nintendo, but I really don't see what is so special about this Zelda game. It's outdated and behind the curve yet again (most of the stuff in the game has been done many times before in other games, and years ago at that).

I feel like Zelda games usually thrive on nostalgia and the fact that Nintendo basically starves their fan base long enough that they will rabidly devour anything that is thrown at them and praise it to the nth degree. Not saying that the game will be bad....in fact it will probably be a solid game.....but most other franchises would be ripped a new hole if they went the "safe route" that the Zelda games typically do. I've never understood why Zelda games get a free pass in this area while other games are criticized for it.

I personally use to find Zelda games fun....when I was in grade school. That's not meant as an insult or a jab at anyone....just stating that as I got older, I realized that the Zelda games are nowhere near the level of depth, detail, and innovation that other games have. Zelda games just play it safe, take forever to come out, and ride the waves of a nostalgic and starving fan base. Like I said, if a non Nintendo game did things the exact same way Zelda games are done, it'd be shredded in reviews and people would bash it to no end.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2016-06-23 at 06:37 PM.