Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Regarding the amber eyes thing, all normal night elves are born with silver eyes. The eyes can turn amber as the elf awakens his/her own power/potential. Playable night elves have amber eyes because we're already just that awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's Nobbel's take on this questline. IMO it's better than the Wowhead video because he notices a lot more detail and he doesn't tend to be a douchenozzle about everything.

https://youtu.be/yrlMH3BukKw

Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos the Spellweaver View Post
    Holy God!

Wait, wasn't he supposed to be a lowbie during early Cata?
    He was decked in heirlooms.

That was alt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    He was decked in heirlooms.

That was alt.
    I know! He is wearing the same gear in the Illidan fight, though, so he is doing T6 in lv60 T0.5 gear (the real version)!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    Illidan isn't very bright when you consider this video. Always talking to himself like a nutter, referring to the Elves as "my peoples future" instead of ""our future" as if he owns them. Basically has zero connection with what hes doing or who hes doing it for. Especially when he sacrifices his own people over and over. No wonder they locked him up, pure sociopath.
    Illidan has been described as arrogant b4. Of course he would talk this way.

As for sacrificing his people. He SAVED azeroth and did so with a heavy price. Cenarius told him he needed to learn about sacrifice and in this instance he did. He even yelled at the Elves who disagreed and thought they needed to find another way. And yet those same Elves were being slaughtered by the legion forces and only illidan was giving them a chance. They failed, he succeeded. THis might also explain why Jarod Shadowsong let illidan go again after he escaped. He may have realized that illidan was the only one willing to take the risks needed to defeat the legion should they return because he had seen it first hand.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Illidan has been described as arrogant b4. Of course he would talk this way.
    And he is depicted just that way in the books as well, so I don't know why the guy you've quoted was so surprised. Illidan was a bit of a nutter, who knew?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    And he is depicted just that way in the books as well, so I don't know why the guy you've quoted was so surprised. Illidan was a bit of a nutter, who knew?
    I mean half of his appeal came from being an untypical, narcissistic, nutcase of a "good" guy.

But nah "mary sue" is the word the kids like th throw aruond these days to fit. :V

Illidan did nothing wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Outland View Post
    Illidan did nothing wrong.
    He did a lot of shit wrong. That IS why he is a great character.

Nope. Illidan is a perfect child of destiny. His actions are holy and all the lives he sacrificed were for a godly cause.

All hail Lord Illidan.

Deleted
    Nope. Illidan is a perfect child of destiny. His actions are holy and all the lives he sacrificed were for a godly cause.

All hail Lord Illidan.
    Boldly said. But I remain... Unconvinced.

*Unsheathes the Warglaives of Azzinoth*

You are not prepared!

10+ Year Old Account

All hail Lord Illidan.
    It could have been for a godly cause, but its still wrong

I'm glad that Altruis or w/e his name was in the DK starting experience points this out and makes it clear that Illidan did do a lot of bad things and this his reign caused a lot of suffering too.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    It could have been for a godly cause, but its still wrong
    Says who? Some random? Who cares.

Gods > Randoms. Their opinion matters more. That's why he's getting upgraded into a light-based champion of good and justice.

Says who? Some random? Who cares.

Gods > Randoms. Their opinion matters more. That's why he's getting upgraded into a light-based champion of good and justice.
    Not only gods, but the universe itself too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Not only gods, but the universe itself too!
    I thought Po the Dragon Warrior was the one chosen by the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    I thought Po the Dragon Warrior was the one chosen by the universe.
    Yet another proof that WoW rips off Kung Fu Panda!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    So, basically, the memories confirm pretty much what we already knew, that Illidan was a powerhungry douchebag and that the Naaru wants to use him for his lack of scrupulous. If Blizzard focus on these parts, have no problem at all, but if they decide to focus on "Light is the supreme good" BS, the story will end up crap.

Let the Naaru be some twisted-orderly "gods" that don't care much about the ants except of how they can be used against the Legion. Illidan as the douchebag leader of the Army of the Light fits just fine.
    The Naaru were actually the void lords the entire time.
    Remember, you're unique... just like everyone else.

What just bothers me about this whole quest is even when Illidan is a total douchebag, Xe'ra comes out and says like "whoa, look at Illidan how awesome he is!".

Especially the part with Cenarius, Illidan behaves like a spoiled brat and yet Xe'ra comes down and "Just look at him how he did not give up!" He fucking gave up and turned to the Arcane.

The only good part was the one in Black rook hold, there you could actually see the point in his actions and really follow his reasoning.

7+ Year Old Account
    Xe'ra is a biggest illidan fangirl i have ever seen.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    Xe'ra is a biggest illidan fangirl i have ever seen.
    Yeah, her bedroom is covered with Illidan printouts from Deviantart and the art section from the official site and she writes terrible IllidanxTyrande and IllidanxMaiev fanfiction in her spare time. I can totally see it.