Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    This sort of alarmism doesn't help. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to discuss firearm regulation without someone jumping to the "they want to ban all guns!" argument?
    It would be nice to talk firearm regulation with people who know what they are talking about. People who dont use buzz words like "Semi-Automatic", "High Capacity", "Assault Weapon" or "Military Style" to appeal to emotion. People who want to focus on preventing the types of "mass shootings" that HAVE happened. Not use the "mass shootings" that HAVE happened to pass other types of regulations.

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    It would be nice to talk firearm regulation with people who know what they are talking about. People who dont use buzz words like "Semi-Automatic", "High Capacity", "Assault Weapon" or "Military Style" to appeal to emotion. People who want to focus on preventing the types of "mass shootings" that HAVE happened. Not use the "mass shootings" that HAVE happened to pass other types of regulations.
    The problem with your statement is that one side of it is just incorrect while the other is not. Those buzz-words are actual descriptions commonplace in describing them. The idea of "taking our guns" is incorrect and completely unsupported at any level beyond conspiracy. These two arguments are not the same thing.

well if it doesn't work this time, no worries. there will be at least a dozen or so chances throughout the rest of the year.

perhaps even republicans will be willing to do something once the pile of bodies gets high enough. not sure how many it will take.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalia View Post
    Our founding fathers would be rolling over in their graves if they knew of this. SENATORS, acting like a bunch of children when they don't get their way.
    1. You know those aren't the Senators, right? It's the house of representatives.
    2. What history lessons have you learned in school? Since when were the founding fathers a bunch of guys sitting around singing cumbaya and giving each other handjobs?
    The men in charge of the country at it's creation were at least as much divided as the two parties are today
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    1. You know those aren't the Senators, right? It's the house of representatives.
    2. What history lessons have you learned in school? Since when were the founding fathers a bunch of guys sitting around singing cumbaya and giving each other handjobs?
    The men in charge of the country at it's creation were at least as much divided as the two parties are today
    and when did the founding fathers ever threw them selves on the floor and threw a temper tantrum because they didn't get what they wanted
    never read they did that in any one of my history books

what the spoiled petulant children did was establish a immature precedent. anytime one side doesn't get what they want they can sit on the floor and throw a fit. is that the way you want our government to work?

7+ Year Old Account
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    and when did the founding fathers ever threw them selves on the floor and threw a temper tantrum because they didn't get what they wanted
    never read they did that in any one of my history books

what the spoiled petulant children did was establish a immature precedent. anytime one side doesn't get what they want they can sit on the floor and throw a fit. is that the way you want our government to work?
    Do you really want the embarrassment to have a foreigner lecture your on your own history?
    But then, since it's you, there isn't a lot left to embarrass.

What the dems did now has precedence throughout history of democracy. It is democracy how it's suppose to work.
    To have a minority use any and every tool at it's disposal to express their opinion in a peaceful non-violent way.
    It is the exact same thing - by outcome - as a filibuster that goes on forever and ever, when a congress member reads Dr Seuss in it's entirety, except for staying on topic.

did they sit on the floor did hey scream and and chant like democrats did? did those republicans keep the house from conducting any other business like democrats attempted to do? your failed attempt of an equivalence is laughable at best

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    There are plenty of common sense gun laws on the books.. The problem is they're not enforced. There are plenty of laws that would put a serious dent in the amount of crime committed with guns, the problem is a full on ban and confiscation is the end goal for these filthy politicians (especially when their families are protected by people WITH GUNS..).

You have these people sitting here crying their crocodile tears when a full on gun ban doesn't go their way.. Sure it looks good on paper, a TON of stuff does.. But who decides who gets to keep weapons, and who gets to loses their weapons.. Politicians that are protected? GTFO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    This sort of alarmism doesn't help. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to discuss firearm regulation without someone jumping to the "they want to ban all guns!" argument?
    I guess applying the same rules for cars as guns would be to much to ask? How long does it take to get a car license versus a gun license?

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    There are plenty of common sense gun laws on the books.. The problem is they're not enforced. There are plenty of laws that would put a serious dent in the amount of crime committed with guns, the problem is a full on ban and confiscation is the end goal for these filthy politicians (especially when their families are protected by people WITH GUNS..).

You have these people sitting here crying their crocodile tears when a full on gun ban doesn't go their way.. Sure it looks good on paper, a TON of stuff does.. But who decides who gets to keep weapons, and who gets to loses their weapons.. Politicians that are protected? GTFO
    That's some heavy tinfoil.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

10+ Year Old Account

You have these people sitting here crying their crocodile tears when a full on gun ban doesn't go their way.. Sure it looks good on paper, a TON of stuff does.. But who decides who gets to keep weapons, and who gets to loose weapons.. Politicians that are protected? GTFO
    idk what you talking about.
    No one wants a full fledged ban.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    I guess applying the same rules for cars as guns would be to much to ask? How long does it take to get a car license versus a gun license?
    A lot longer.
    It's also harder to get a puppy. Literally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    The law states that anyone on this 'list' is unable to own a gun.. WHO makes the list? Who decides who and how they get on this 'list' - it creates the ability for a full on gun ban for massive amounts of people just because someone doesn't want guns in a certain area. It's fucken ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

A lot longer.
    It's also harder to get a puppy. Literally.

Deadlier than any mortal weapon!

The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kretan View Post
    The problem with your statement is that one side of it is just incorrect while the other is not. Those buzz-words are actual descriptions commonplace in describing them. The idea of "taking our guns" is incorrect and completely unsupported at any level beyond conspiracy. These two arguments are not the same thing.
    Yes, those buzz words are correct, but they are used to provoke the emotions of people who arent that knowledgeable about guns. When I hear about shootings it is a "handgun" or a "semi-automatic rifle". Rarely, is it described as a "semi-automatic handgun". They back it up with arguments like "Nobody needs a military weapon." They are trying to paint a picture in the publics mind that people own fully automatic weapons the kind you see in movies. This is just not the case and disingenuous.

The law states that anyone on this 'list' is unable to own a gun.. WHO makes the list? Who decides who and how they get on this 'list' - it creates the ability for a full on gun ban for massive amounts of people just because someone doesn't want guns in a certain area. It's fucken ridiculous.
    only law enforcement is involved no judge no jury
    it would be the same as allowing a cop to bust in your house to conduct a search with no search warrant issued by a judge. just his suspicion was all that was required

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post

That's some heavy tinfoil.
    I love how you libs always say strawman and tinfoil in every fucking reply when you can't think of anything else. GTFO with comments like this

10+ Year Old Account
    The law states nothing. There is no law. That is the whole point of the matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    only law enforcement is involved no judge no jury
    it would be the same as allowing a cop to bust in your house to conduct a search with no search warrant issued by a judge. just his suspicion was all that was required
    I think it's great right, hey just ban guns everywhere, if you BAN guns - Criminals will NEVER BE ABLE TO GET A GUN.. I think we should ban cars, shit people die every single 30 minutes from car crashes, shit may as well ban them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how you libs always say strawman and tinfoil in every fucking reply when you can't think of anything else. GTFO with comments like this
    What the hell are you smoking? First time i've ever used tinfoil and i've never said strawman either but then again you sound like a classic gun nut who believes that the slightest gun control equals a complete ban.