last week i had a healer in my party stacking meteors on purpose and then when we finaly wiped he said the meteors were suposed to be stacked while people during the run and after it were telling him not to but since he was gonna keep doing it we just booted his ass to the curb and did it 2 tries afterwards :/
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasriel View Post
    OMG all I can say is F Ozma. I HATE this boss. Maybe i'm incredibly unlucky but i seem to keep scoring groups of utter retards who can't space the hell out for meteor and it's always the same damn thing my groups are wiping to. I've done this stupid raid multiple times in the last two weeks and we get to Ozma BAM game over. Meteor wipes the group AS USUAL. This sort of mechanic where people have to be organised is horrible for DF. People are clearly too retarded to watch where others are running and the second those $*$&U meteor arrows come out it's always the same crap. Everyone dies. The infurating thing is Ozma dosn't seem that hard if you put those stupid circles in a properly spaced out area but for my random retards that seems too freaking hard. Again I tried tonight for the second time this week. AGAIN vote abandon disbanded the party at Ozma. This is in no way fun. It's pure frustration. Whoever thought this mechanic was a great idea needs a punch in the face -_-
    You're lucking up with short bus specials. My WC clear this week featured 2 wipes on Ozma because 2/3 of the tanks wouldn't pick up the adds that spawned from the meteor impacts. Even on our kill, there was at least one instance where we had 4 adds on our tank (who would pick them up so they didn't face rape our healers), and we had enough dps to mow them down without having to LB.

Weeping City is just the right amount of difficulty for DF level content. We don't need Warlords of Draenor LFR difficulty here...I mean Void Ark.

15+ Year Old Account
    I always undercut by 1 gil. Doesn't matter if the item is 5k or 5m. Lazily undercutting by arbitrary amounts is what drives the prices down hard.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    You're lucking up with short bus specials. My WC clear this week featured 2 wipes on Ozma because 2/3 of the tanks wouldn't pick up the adds that spawned from the meteor impacts. Even on our kill, there was at least one instance where we had 4 adds on our tank (who would pick them up so they didn't face rape our healers), and we had enough dps to mow them down without having to LB.

Weeping City is just the right amount of difficulty for DF level content. We don't need Warlords of Draenor LFR difficulty here...I mean Void Ark.
    You're probably right. I'm usually one that abhors a challenge with random strangers, but the encounter is actually very simple. The only mechanic that I don't fully understand is the "dice" over my head. Killed me 2 or 3 times.

On another note, I really wish I had made friends in this game when I started playing. Trying to look for beginner runs for a Sephirot weapon is a little discouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    You're probably right. I'm usually one that abhors a challenge with random strangers, but the encounter is actually very simple. The only mechanic that I don't fully understand is the "dice" over my head. Killed me 2 or 3 times.

On another note, I really wish I had made friends in this game when I started playing. Trying to look for beginner runs for a Sephirot weapon is a little discouraging.
    When you have that it's basically an "action bomb" where if you take any action (move, cast, activate CD, ANYTHING) once you've been afflicted with it, it will explode. Be watchful of when you get a bunch of flashy white dots around you and check your status effects. It lasts about 10 seconds, and while it's up you just have to stand still not doing ANYTHING until it expires. The countdown from I think 5? puts a big rotating cube over your head that goes from blue to red to indicate how close it is to expiring.

The dice thing I treat like Shade of Aran's Flame Wreath in Karazahn from back in my WoW days. Don't move, don't cast, don't attack, don't anything.

15+ Year Old Account
    The dice thing I treat like Shade of Aran's Flame Wreath in Karazahn from back in my WoW days. Don't move, don't cast, don't attack, don't anything.
    Funny, I blew up my raid with that literally RIGHT after my raid leader praised me for being the only one not killing us with it on multiple attempts. Ah, good old Karazhan, how I miss you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordin Solus View Post
    last week i had a healer in my party stacking meteors on purpose and then when we finaly wiped he said the meteors were suposed to be stacked while people during the run and after it were telling him not to but since he was gonna keep doing it we just booted his ass to the curb and did it 2 tries afterwards :/
    The whole raid gets debuffed if you stack meteors. Just how many debuffs to people need to understand "yeah, not the way to do it".

Good you kicked him.
    During the Pyramid phase you randomly get a debuff.
    That's essentially a bomb which is triggered if you do too much. Safest course of action ist to just wait for 10s doing nothing.
    Easy as a healer, because in that phase the boss does nothing too.
    The dice thing I treat like Shade of Aran's Flame Wreath in Karazahn from back in my WoW days.
    Iirc you could do whatever you wanted inside the flame circle. Nothing happened until you tried to leave/enter it.

Man, memories.. seems like ages ago. :X

Funny, I blew up my raid with that literally RIGHT after my raid leader praised me for being the only one not killing us with it on multiple attempts. Ah, good old Karazhan, how I miss you.
    That's the proper way to pull it off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Iirc you could do whatever you wanted inside the flame circle. Nothing happened until you tried to leave/enter it.

I wouldn't know, because our raid leaders at the time would spam chat with something to the effect of "I WILL NOT MOVE DURING FLAME WREATH UNTIL IT IS NO MORE" or something, all the while you hear "PLEASE DON'T FUCKING MOVE" on vent. Sounds like a terrible environment, but my textual recollection of it here paints the picture poorly.

It is kinda scary to realize that was 9 going on 10 years ago for me. o.o

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post

This is exactly how it worked, people just always said to not do anything with pugs because apparently randoms couldn't stand still while casting or something, as they'd ALWAYS blow up unless you told them to not do anything.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nasriel View Post
    Effort I appreciate. Being stone walled at the same point every single time is not enjoyable. If we could get it down after a couple of wipes sure. But when time after time you're wiping at the exact same point to the same thing then getting the dungeon ended due to vote abandon that just turns into pure frustration and the enjoyment stops. Especially since in my runs it seems to love MNK and MCH gear and i'm yet to see any heals items
    Run on Tuesdays if remotely possible when all the raiders are running it. Ozma got dicey at one point, but still recovered for a clear 1 shot of every boss this week.

Ozma is the new King Behemoth. Good ol' King B used to be the raid breaker in Labyrinth of the Ancients for a few weeks after release. Yoshida hit the nail on the head when he said they realize Void Ark made players complacent, but they're seeing Weeping City coming out about the same as the CT Trio completions were.

Typically there are still people who are new in each run I've been in (other than this past Tuesday), so it's not routine yet. People said the same thing about King Behemoth and Angra Mainyu being too frustrating and not fun, but after a month or so, it was all smooth sailing in most runs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't know, because our raid leaders at the time would spam chat with something to the effect of "I WILL NOT MOVE DURING FLAME WREATH UNTIL IT IS NO MORE" or something, all the while you hear "PLEASE DON'T FUCKING MOVE" on vent. Sounds like a terrible environment, but my textual recollection of it here paints the picture poorly.

It is kinda scary to realize that was 9 going on 10 years ago for me. o.o
    Oh yeah, scary indeed.

I remember my raid leads saying the same. No big deal, really, as there was 0 reason to move during that phase. Yet someone always managed to trigger one anyway lol.

Personally I always disregarded such orders.
    I am a good player, I know what I am doing and since I did not do stupid mistakes, my Raid leads came to accept me making judgment calls on their orders and proceeding accordingly.

10+ Year Old Account

Uggh as a tank my last run had me habe to gran them all..many times

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay, finally my first level 60 crafter.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Yay, finally my first level 60 crafter.

1 down, 7 to go.

All of mine are 56-57, and should all be 57 in the next day or so. Hooray moogles (and gold star GC turn ins). Would've probably spent more gil and time on crafting to get them all to 60 by now were it not for the materia melder NPCs being added.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Even if some undercutter posts at 10% of other items, someone will just buy it up anyway and relist it.
    I actually wonder if FFXIV has a problem allowing traders to do this successfully. Maybe it's the limited number of auction slots, maybe it's the interface. But it feels like there are far fewer pure traders in the FFXIV market than there in other MMOs. As a consequence, prices and supply seem to fluctuate wildly.

10+ Year Old Account
    1 down, 7 to go.
    Aye, at least Goldsmith is already level 50, so I can continue Moogle -dailies on it without wasting easy experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Eh, the actual value of something isn't going to tank just because some people undercut. Even if many people undercut, it still won't actually drop, unless it was too high to begin with.
    Even if some undercutter posts at 10% of other items, someone will just buy it up anyway and relist it.
    That's sadly not what I see happening. Prices fluctuate like crazy. What was worth 120K in the morning is worth 70K in the evening.
    That's because waaay more people put stuff in and undercut than some crazed MB mogul can buy out and relist. Remember, this isn't WoW where you can have a few hundred auctions rolling and manage themvia an addon like auctioneer.

Fact is: undercutting by more than 1-5 gil is idiotic and shouldn't be done because it ruins profits. The undercutters included.
    There is nothing to discuss here.

But i gotta have the money noowwwww

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Run on Tuesdays if remotely possible when all the raiders are running it. Ozma got dicey at one point, but still recovered for a clear 1 shot of every boss this week.

Ozma is the new King Behemoth. Good ol' King B used to be the raid breaker in Labyrinth of the Ancients for a few weeks after release. Yoshida hit the nail on the head when he said they realize Void Ark made players complacent, but they're seeing Weeping City coming out about the same as the CT Trio completions were.

Typically there are still people who are new in each run I've been in (other than this past Tuesday), so it's not routine yet. People said the same thing about King Behemoth and Angra Mainyu being too frustrating and not fun, but after a month or so, it was all smooth sailing in most runs.
    Funny, my groups never really strugged on that boss too much. The boss my groups seemed to struggle on most at first was Scylla however after the second week of the raid being released it was easy and we wiped the floor with her. I can't wait for Ozma to be easy so I can actually complete the raid (I want the new gear! It looks fancy Even though the black version that SMN/BLM gets looks much cooler than the white healer version)