Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well duh, people said that already during MoP. But nooooo, we were just panda-loving Blizzard Fanboys back then.

*sigh*

I enjoyed MoP. It offered content that I enjoyed doing, even as someone who didn't raid. I also didn't have any problems with Pandaren/Pandaria. The way I see it, Pandaren have been around since WC3 (which, by the way, came out years before Kung Fu Panda existed) and have just as much right as any other race to be in the game.

Cataclysm and MoP at least managed to keep me interested for more than a month after they were released. I've had my gripes about this or that in every expansion, of course, but WoD is honestly the first time I've really disliked one overall.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2016-06-23 at 04:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zacharyk88 View Post
    Honestly, we didn't know how good we had it. I think it definitely sits only slightly below WoTLK as far as my favorite expansions go.
    If you exclude TBC and Cata from the equation, then MoP was the best expansion....

But we're not really doing that, are we?
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I just think its silly that pvpers rate an entire expansion on pvp balance alone. Pvp could be unbalanced and wed get 8 tiers, 25 dungeons, 15 zones all of high quality and they would still call it a terrible expansion.
    While I haven't pvp'ed since BC. I can see their point. If they play only to pvp really then what else would they rate an expansion on? Surely you don't expect them to rate content they never intended to do in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was iffy going into MoP, but it ended up one of the best times I've had playing WoW, just behind WotLK. I loved every iteration they tried on world content, even the 5.0 endless dailies. I think I'd honestly rather have just had another 2 years of MoP drought than WoD haha.

besides the very boring repetetive exact same dailies every day and the long SoO it was a very good expansion for sure. Most people just bashed it because "pandas wow is for kids now". Seems like Blizzard embraced the Microsoft logic latley and making every other expansion shit. Cata bad, mop good, wod bad and hopefully from what we seen legion will be good.
    Last edited by apelsinjuice; 2016-06-23 at 04:49 PM.

It's easy to seem good when you follow Cataclysm. MoP was a bad expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I stand by the fact that had they picked any other theme but told the same story people would have ate that shit up. MoP was by far the best expansion as a whole in my mind because it stood on its own, told a decent story and did not rely on any of the RTS games or nostalgia (lookin at you Wrath).

As an entire package it was just completely solid. People just could not get over the Pandaren. I still hear people shit on it when they clearly never played it because all they can draw from it "THE PANDAS SUCKED". Totally ignoring the fact that there was so much more to it than that.

But eh. They wanted Warcraft so we got WoD which is by and large the worst expansion the game has ever seen. Some people love it but most people have been at least underwhelmed by it and at most quit the game over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP hit everything just right. On the other hand WoD missed everything and Legion is starting to worry me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing since TBC, and I said since Landfall that MoP was my favorite expansion in terms of game systems, gameplay, and engaging new lore. The only expansion I would put up with it is Wrath, and that one only still stands there because I was in a guild that I had a lot of fun with at the time. If I had something similar in MoP, it would reign supreme, uncontested.

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP was my favorite xpack after Wrath/BC. The game has special memories for me back then that I doubt will ever be topped in the game again. The art, the music, the zones, leveling wasn't that bad to me and killing the rares was just great fun to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

My only issue with MoP was the content drought. But WoD blew it out of the water on that title. Overall though Pandaria was enjoyable as far as I was concerned. I just got to the point I prayed for a power outage on Tuesday bc I was beyond sick of clearing SoO to gear people's alts, but it was pretty much all there was to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Yeah, and in 3 expansions time people will be crying about how good we had it during WoD.

rose tinted glasses are rose tinted.
    I highly doubt that but we will see. WoD has good things about it but by and large there is literally nothing memorable about it. I can still pick things out form each expansion that was awesome. Meanwhile WoD was basically the leveling experience and then raids and that was it. The world was completely gutted removing any real chance for people to care about it and we got zero patch content until Tanaan which people received pretty lukewarmly. You could make a case that we got Blackrock as a patch but there was nothing to go with it.

In a weird way WoD mirrors BC in that regard but in BC things were still harder to do so people had shit to do. In WoD once a raid came out that was it. Nothing to work toward and nothing to supplement it if you didn't care about the raid. Every other expansion at least had some dungeon content or a daily hub or SOMETHING to do when anew raid came out. WoD had none of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    It's easy to seem good when you follow Cataclysm. MoP was a bad expansion.
    Why was it bad, in your opinion?

Because in mine, and several other people's apparently, MoP was a good expansion. Solid patch content, gorgeous zones, well designed raids (except Terrace...but the bosses there were at least decent), and the Lore.

Many people didn't like the setting and the Pandaren, which I don't necessarily agree with but I can understand (aesthetics being as subjective a thing as can be).

Not liking something =/= bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mists was a great expansion. Some of us knew that at the time. Others just listened to people chatter on forums which is one way I guess but there are so many people on forums that are so relentlessly critical about anything that I suppose it's possible that all of that can get in your head. Not that Mists was perfect, it wasn't. But it was better than one would think just by reading about it here.

People should shut out both the fanboys and the haters (especially them) and just play the game. If they enjoy it then fine. If not, then take a break or quit forever or do what seems best. You shouldn't let others make up your mind for you.

Although this can be said: there is a certain group here and they know who they are who are so relentlessly negative that their opinions--usually stated as like some fact or universal truth--can be totally ignored. They're easy to spot because they've either quit years ago and never looked back (except for all the looking back they do every day when posting here...lol) or spout off on how they hate the game but always seem to have played every expansion. Seriously, they're a waste of space.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2016-06-23 at 05:03 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    No. MOP was the worst xpack in Wow's history. The only thing, I liked back in MOP - is leveling in Jade Forest and Krasarang Wilds. That's it. I've skipped almost entire xpack and regretted buying it. I don't hate Pandas and Asian theme though - I hate execution of this xpack, not it's idea, cuz it's idea - is one of most demanded ones since Vanilla.
    How old are you, 8? News flash - you don't get to 'correct' other peoples' opinions. If you hate Mists that's your right, but don't come into topics acting like people who feel differently are wrong. The only thing you accomplish by doing so is making yourself sound like a narrow-minded moron.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    While I haven't pvp'ed since BC. I can see their point. If they play only to pvp really then what else would they rate an expansion on? Surely you don't expect them to rate content they never intended to do in the first place.
    No, but you can not trash a game completely because a very small part isn't good, even if thats the only part you like.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    If you exclude TBC and Cata from the equation, then MoP was the best expansion....

But we're not really doing that, are we?
    You have said this numerous times. Can we get some insight into what sucked so much about MoP and Wrath, and what TBC and Cata did right?

I hated the Asian setting.
    I never liked MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Mists was a great expansion. Some of us knew that at the time. Others just listened to people chatter on forums which is one way I guess but there are so many people on forums that are so relentlessly critical about anything that I suppose it's possible that all of that can get in your head. Not that Mists was perfect, it wasn't. But it was better than one would think just by reading about it here.

People should shut out both the fanboys and the haters (especially them) and just play the game. If they enjoy it then fine. If not, then take a break or quit forever or do what seems best. You shouldn't let others make up your mind for you.
    Well said, though a pity it will largely fall on deaf ears.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakrin View Post
    I've been playing since TBC, and I said since Landfall that MoP was my favorite expansion in terms of game systems, gameplay, and engaging new lore. The only expansion I would put up with it is Wrath, and that one only still stands there because I was in a guild that I had a lot of fun with at the time. If I had something similar in MoP, it would reign supreme, uncontested.
    Yeah, Looking back, MoP had way more to do than Wrath, but Wrath had the superior theme. Both were still very good.