Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    I love how you libs always say strawman and tinfoil in every fucking reply when you can't think of anything else. GTFO with comments like this
    That's neither strawman, nor tinfoil reply.
    The latter would imply a conspiracy theory.
    The former would only be given if it was a 100% different situation.
    But it isn't.
    Both - cars and guns - are meant for civilian usage.
    Both causing a high death toll, and larger injury count.

In the example of cars, legislation was created to lower the negative effects, successfully needs to be added.
    Since as the population increased, the amount of cars increased, and the tech increased, they proved to become ever more harmful.

Now, the exact same can be said about guns.
    And if we'd treat gun handling similar to cars handling, we'd have a lot accomplished.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Kretan View Post
    The problem with your statement is that one side of it is just incorrect while the other is not. Those buzz-words are actual descriptions commonplace in describing them. The idea of "taking our guns" is incorrect and completely unsupported at any level beyond conspiracy. These two arguments are not the same thing.
    so tell me which is an assault rifle and which one isn't? and what makes one an assault rifle and the other not one?
    1)

2)

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    What the hell are you smoking? First time i've ever used tinfoil and i've never said strawman either but then again you sound like a classic gun nut who believes that the slightest gun control equals a complete ban.
    Yeah gun nut right here bro, sorry that I don't want to be just slaughtered by a criminal with a gun - WATCH OUT, I'M CRAZY!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Lol that's hilarious if you think that's true. Guns are a status symbol in parts of the country. Those parts span from about the wet stuff on the east coast to the wet stuff on the west coast. Basically everywhere in between, there are people who view them as status symbols. For examples: look at rap music, country music, rural family portraits, social media, or just step out from under that rock.

Also: If you say you're sane rational human beings, why are you so against a conversation about how to solve the problem? Because you're scared someone will take your status symbol away.
    I'm for rational conversations that Don't end with someone trying to propse measures that limit my consitutional rights

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    That's neither strawman, nor tinfoil reply.
    The latter would imply a conspiracy theory.
    The former would only be given if it was a 100% different situation.
    But it isn't.
    Both - cars and guns - are meant for civilian usage.
    Both causing a high death toll, and larger injury count.

In the example of cars, legislation was created to lower the negative effects, successfully needs to be added.
    Since as the population increased, the amount of cars increased, and the tech increased, they proved to become ever more harmful.

Now, the exact same can be said about guns.
    And if we'd treat gun handling similar to cars handling, we'd have a lot accomplished.
    but the opposite is true
    you claim the more cars we have on the road more deaths caused by cars happen which is true but the opposite has happened with guns the more guns that have been sold the lower the murder rate has become. as a matter of fact the murder rate has dropped by 50% as gun ownership continues to clime

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    so tell me which is an assault rifle and which one isn't? and what makes one an assault rifle and the other not one?
    1)
    http://images.policemag.com/articles...i-14-right.jpg

2)
    http://www.barrensports.com/wp-conte...NI-14-WOOD.jpg
    By legal definition, assault weapon and assault rifle are 2 different things.
    An AR 15 is legally defined as assault weapon, but is not an assault rifle.
    In short: Assault rifles are full automatic military rifles.
    In length: Assault rifle is a selective-fire rifle (at least 2 different modes) that uses an intermediate cartridge and a detachable magazine.
    AR 15's are not selective fire rifles. They're semi automatic and fire one round per trigger pull.

So, whether it makes sense or not is not the point. That's just politics idiocy.
    But you must differ between what the law calls a weapon, and what the technical term is of a weapon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    but the opposite is true
    you claim the more cars we have on the road more deaths caused by cars happen which is true but the opposite has happened with guns the more guns that have been sold the lower the murder rate has become. as a matter of fact the murder rate has dropped by 50% as gun ownership continues to clime
    No, I did not say that.
    I said, we introduced legislation to counter the increase of injuries and casualties caused by cars.

The murder rate with guns is down about 30%, not 50%.
    Gun related crime is down about 60%.
    And that's because there was legislation introduced, that addressed some of the many aspects that influence the statistics.
    But that legislation did not address guns.

Actually, now that I think of it.. Bill O'Reilly just said it very good.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    By legal definition, assault weapon and assault rifle are 2 different things.
    An AR 15 is legally defined as assault weapon, but is not an assault rifle.
    In short: Assault rifles are full automatic military rifles.
    In length: Assault rifle is a selective-fire rifle (at least 2 different modes) that uses an intermediate cartridge and a detachable magazine.
    AR 15's are not selective fire rifles. They're semi automatic and fire one round per trigger pull.

So, whether it makes sense or not is not the point. That's just politics idiocy.
    But you must differ between what the law calls a weapon, and what the technical term is of a weapon.
    but according to the gun grabbing democrats 1) would be an assault rifle and 2) wouldn't even though they are the same dam rifle both are .223 mimi-14 semi automatic same round fired, same mechanism that fires and reloads the round, same rate of fire and practically the same size

that is why the assault weapon ban is absurd because when the mass shooter cant get number 1) he will use number 2) and not skip a beat both will do the same amount of damage

They should try holding their breath next. This is all for show

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post

This isn't even about getting their own way. Republicans literally refuse to even TALK about this. If it went to a vote, they can vote against it if they wish. They are refusing that, because they know they are on the wrong side of this issue because "Muh guns! Just ban the brown people!"

And? SO fucking what? Most of them are elected on platforms that include no more gun regs. They are doing EXACTLY their job.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

It is totally all for show. If they really cared about doing anything about gun control at least two bills would have passed. Instead, democrats voted no on a bill that would ban gun sales for those on the terror watch list and are holding a sit in to make it political, and hopefully make people not realize that the Almighty Elizabeth Warren and her democrats voted NO on a gun control measure.

I have a friend (she's not really a friend, I went to film school with her and after she threw me under the bus I don't consider her a friend anymore) who saw me post an image of democrats voting no on that measure, and she said "That image has been doctored, in photoshop. It's got the republicans voting yay and the democrats voting nay. That's not true.". Um, hello, you're blind.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    And? SO fucking what? Most of them are elected on platforms that include no more gun regs. They are doing EXACTLY their job.
    and republicans ran on appealing Obama care but they sure in the hell where mocked when they attempted doing so

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Due process? Whats that, sounds lame, lets ignore it.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

The cynic is me just thinks it is a way to garner votes in this years election. Just them making noise instead of fixing a problem. It also shows a major issue with our power system in the US. If the people that are supposed to mold and change our country to the vision we have as a nation, are so inept that sitting and doing nothing is their great idea. We are fucked.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    The cynic is me just thinks it is a way to garner votes in this years election.
    This is exactly it. However, I hope and really wish that it makes people think.. let's stop voting in people who are democrat or republican and get some other parties in there. I am liking Libertarians more and more. Their ideology is sounding really good to me. https://www.lp.org/platform

Anyone have a link to the bills? Or a short summary of them? I know 2 r from democrats and 2 from republican, but from what I heard is that none of them would have actually stopped the Orlando shooting. Which makes it curious y they keep bringing up the Orlando shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    Anyone have a link to the bills? Or a short summary of them? I know 2 r from democrats and 2 from republican, but from what I heard is that none of them would have actually stopped the Orlando shooting. Which makes it curious y they keep bringing up the Orlando shooting.
    Here are the bills they recently voted down.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/20/politi...otes-congress/

"You never want a serious crisis to go to waste. And what I mean by that is an opportunity to do things that you think you could not do before." -Rahm Emanuel
    Last edited by petej0; 2016-06-23 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    None would have because he was no longer on a terror watch list. One bill that was republican sponsored that all democrats voted no on was banning gun sales to anyone on the terror watch list. But because he was not considered a threat, he still could have legally bought a gun.

Deleted
    Some aged hippies were sitting on the ground in protest, like children.

Theyve stopped now, most likely because they risked missing out on the early bird special at country buffet.

Quote Originally Posted by Putricide View Post
    Sigh, more nonsense.

It's not the tool, it's the wielder, and their intent. Donkey's too stupid to figure that out.
    Which is why we should support distributing nukes to the general public too. /sarcasm
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    Here are the bills they recently voted down.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/20/politi...otes-congress/

"You never want a serious crisis to go to waste. And what I mean by that is an opportunity to do things that you think you could not do before." -Rahm Emanuel
    that isn't a link to the bill that was just a liberal bias description of the bill