Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Well, if you compare it to WoD, yes, MoP was a very good expansion.

I think Blizzard is starting to follow the same cycle as Windows from Microsoft does.

Great - Shit - Great - Shit

Wotlk - Cata - Mop - Wod

Remains to be seen with Legion.

MoP had a lot of content, I still enjoyed Cataclysm more though minus 4.3. Wotlk is still my all time favorite by far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Well said, though a pity it will largely fall on deaf ears.
    You can only try to shake people awake. If it gets through to two or three then it was worth the couple of minutes it took to write it.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

MoP was so bad. The only reason so many people say it was good is because everyone who hated it left during the dumpster fire that is WoD. Cataclysm was abysmal, but nothing since Wrath has actually been great. Honestly, the last three expansions can only really be looked at as decent when compared to each other. I'm hoping Legion breaks this streak, but it seems like we're always looking ahead to the next expansion now, and promises of what will come, rather than being wowed by what's in front of us.

Deleted
    MoP held a lot of significance to me on a personal and social level, related more to the people I moved on from, met, or became closer to rather than actual game content. It was a very significant time period in my life and so Pandaria content will always give me a fond memory or two.

As for the actual gameplay, I enjoyed the pacing of MoP. Each patch felt solid, although I admit I got lazy and didn't do much after 5.2. I had too many alts and too much fun playing them all! I also had a break from WoW shortly after 5.4 was released, so the vast majority of the drought didn't affect me - I was in Thedas and Tyria! I returned a few months before WoD, completely wiped my character list and started anew. It got me back into the game successfully, and I had a lot to do, which was great. From levelling up my new main, experiencing roleplay for the first time, and then gearing up in LFR for the last few weeks of WoD... it was fun!

I don't necessarily miss any expansions, though, and MoP is no exception. No matter how great an expansion is, I don't miss it, because I know I can go back to the continent/zones of that era and enjoy them (Admittedly at a higher level, so it isn't very challenging). Rather, I miss individual events and memories from different points of my WoW career at a whole, rather than at which expansion those memories were made in. The nostalgia isn't associated with whatever colour the WoW logo was when I logged in that day.

Long story short, MoP was a wonderful expansion in my eyes. But so were all the others in their own ways. Yes. Even WoD.

How old are you, 8? News flash - you don't get to 'correct' other peoples' opinions. If you hate Mists that's your right, but don't come into topics acting like people who feel differently are wrong. The only thing you accomplish by doing so is making yourself sound like a narrow-minded moron.
    I told you facts only. I don't raid since Cata, I had burned out of dailies back in WotLK during Coliseum and ICC dailies and I hate no flying "isles" due their design, that kills my immersion (short explanation - too high density of things = mess). So, now you understand, that MOP had absolutely nothing for me. But you should know, that I'm one of those people, who was excited by Pandaria idea since Vanilla. So, as I said, as in case of Cata, I was excited by idea on xpack itself, but execution and direction of development were extremely terrible -> all my excitement was killed.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zacharyk88 View Post
    Honestly, we didn't know how good we had it. I think it definitely sits only slightly below WoTLK as far as my favorite expansions go.
    It was decent yes, but I personally don't agree that it was better than the expansions before it except cata. Compared to WOD though yes I agree, we really didn't know how good we had it.

Deleted
    Well said, though a pity it will largely fall on deaf ears.
    Not really.
    The only deaf ears are the folks themselves being talked about.

MoP for me, was my best expansion to date.
    I was playing Cata actively starting from DS, and I had fun there too. I'd even go as far to say that for me it was my personal golden age. That and the end of MoP. Especially IoT. My favourite place of all really.

WoD, shambles, personally. Everything except BRF I'd discard in my eyes.
    And it really shows from what we've gotten too, obviously. It is the smallest amount of overall content to date I believe. Many small activities that are purely for retention purposes(to keep you subbed, achies, pet battles etc.) that it isn't surprising that the majority have left and don't really like the game right now. I mean, that is all there is to do really if you don't raid.
    And who in their right mind would, given the requirements and the alternatives.

This is coming from an active mythic raider btw. 13/13M for the haters out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    I find it interesting that people enjoyed TI so much. I absolutely despise TI. IoT wasn't bad because it had actual dailies, but TI was an absolute grinding shit show. That isn't to say that I didn't like the expansion as a whole. The raiding content was pretty amazing. Now that 5.x has been book ended by the two worst expansions in WoW's history it'll shine that much more.
    TI was pretty interesting in how 'do whatever you like' it was. It had things to find unless you cheesed out and used an addon for the chests, had continually more difficult mobs the farther inland / up you went, timed events, etc. It lifted a lot from GW2, but was still fairly refreshing for this particular game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Yeah, and in 3 expansions time people will be crying about how good we had it during WoD.

rose tinted glasses are rose tinted.
    That's why everyone is praising how great Cataclysm was, mmmright?

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC

The emotions this SS evokes are beyond explanation... The environments were absolutely stunning.

15+ Year Old Account
    I agree that MoP was a great expansion. Its perceived failing wasn't that it fell short, it was that WoD took forever to release. If Blizzard could have delivered mich earlier, I don't think nearly as many people would have a problem with it. 5.1 was one of the best paced rep grinds to date.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    TI was pretty interesting in how 'do whatever you like' it was. It had things to find unless you cheesed out and used an addon for the chests, had continually more difficult mobs the farther inland / up you went, timed events, etc. It lifted a lot from GW2, but was still fairly refreshing for this particular game.
    I just found it annoying. There was no real progression, it negated much of the expansion, and it was almost required for brand new characters no matter how much you liked it or hated it. Again this was the only part of the expansion I didn't enjoy.

IMO MoP was the best expansion. Raiding was near perfect. Pvp was amazing (Coming from a PvE'r) classes felt pretty good. And the zones were absolutely amazing looking.
    The lore was also amazing, as a horde player, I loved every second of it.

"There has only ever been, only ever will be... one Azshara."
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nring/advanced

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    We will say the same about WoD in the near future, I bet. The trend continues...
    you wont hear that from my side, that's for sure.

Formerly known as Arafal

I've always felt that Mists was a great expansion, but most people I knew were too caught up in the " Kung fu Panda " hysteria.

Deleted
    Vanilla 7/10
    TBC 8/10
    WotLK 9/10
    Cata 4/10
    MoP 6/10
    WoD 3/10

imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Subjectively speaking I'd say it brought boring zones and an initial set of raids that must have been the weakest lineup ever. Couldn't hold my interest up and unsubbed two-three months into it. It's right down there for me.
    I mean, I don't think you can base an opinion of an entire expansion off the launch patch alone.
    I do somewhat agree with boring ones though, was used to badass zombies and omg dragons, elementals, cultists. Then I'm dealing with Lucky-do's and crap. Felt weird. Not to say I'm not a fan of the Grummles!! Just until the last couple zones it felt real chillax. Jade forest was an exception cuz it had cool stuff throughout, but it was the intro zone I guess.

Deleted
    My favourite expansion ever since WotLK. Best expansion for the solo player. So much stuff to do, so much stuff to collect. Best daily quest system ever. As a lore guy I loved the quest progression when you reached a new standing with the factions. Rare hunting, pet battles, dailies, I liked them all. I didn't raid, so I can't talk about that, only did the first tier a few times.

Lasted pretty long in MoP, more than a year. I quit Cata after 1 month of subscription.