Quote Originally Posted by harpdarp View Post
    My wish for STM would be that the Priest doesn't die, but random player in your party/raid does :3 Pure evil
    Haha, takes me back to the old-school warlock days with summoning doomguards. I miss stuff like that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Just thought I'd put my two cents in on the tentacle thing and say that I wasn't a fan, and i remember a lot of people agreeing that they didn't care for it either, so it seems opinion is pretty divided on that aesthetic. I don't think removing/'nerfing' the tentacles was the right thing to do (a glyph/spell/quest that let you choose would be ideal), but I can see why they did what they did.

7+ Year Old Account
    Im not a fan of the tentacles but Imo, I rather have the tentacles be something that feels special. Earning it. If i get tentacles the moment I go VF then i wouldn't care much for it. But now if I see someone with 3 or 4 pairs of tentacles I know they was in VF for mad long and getting that "oh" feeling.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Fewer tentacles also makes for far fewer polygons flying around and needing to be rendered.

Quote Originally Posted by RsinRC View Post
    Im not a fan of the tentacles but Imo, I rather have the tentacles be something that feels special. Earning it. If i get tentacles the moment I go VF then i wouldn't care much for it. But now if I see someone with 3 or 4 pairs of tentacles I know they was in VF for mad long and getting that "oh" feeling.

yeah except you don't see many of them because they put stupid high stacks requirements that are not achievable unless you got like full gear or StM.
    The spec is supposed to be/feel fun from level 1 to 110 (obv at lvl 1 it won't be as fun) and not requiring you to have 500% haste.

Having a button turning me purple instead of dark blue isn't fun/awesome in any way, for me and several others... If only the game had something to please both sides

Homophobia is so gay.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    yeah except you don't see many of them because they put stupid high stacks requirements that are not achievable unless you got like full gear or StM.
    The spec is supposed to be/feel fun from level 1 to 110 (obv at lvl 1 it won't be as fun) and not requiring you to have 500% haste.

Having a button turning me purple instead of dark blue isn't fun/awesome in any way, for me and several others... If only the game had something to please both sides
    Thats what I meant by earning them.

I can understand your pov tho. Its unique and fits the theme.

Quote Originally Posted by RsinRC View Post
    Thats what I meant by earning them.

I can understand your pov tho. Its unique and fits the theme.

yeah but before, you still earned them. When you reached high stacked you got like a freaking amount of tentacles. Now... you barely see any.

I don't want to have 10+ tentacles at 20 stacks but they could do something like I dunno, 4/5 at 20+ stack then another one at 30 etc.

Homophobia is so gay.

yeah but before, you still earned them. When you reached high stacked you got like a freaking amount of tentacles. Now... you barely see any.

I don't want to have 10+ tentacles at 20 stacks but they could do something like I dunno, 4/5 at 20+ stack then another one at 30 etc.
    1 tentacle/5-10 stacks would be a happy medium. They were once too many, now non-existent.

Ehh /sigh

If only I could whine as hard as those do who bent Blizzard, destroying the stuff I like, implementing the stuff I hate.
    Last edited by l33t; 2016-06-23 at 05:40 PM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

It's kinda silly how extremely untuned everything still is. Just did a normal mode halls of valor for the zone quest on my priest and while me and the warlock were doing around 100-150k single target(and pretty much no aoe of course) the level 109 rogue(and he didn't have legendary ring, just leveling gear) would do between 250-300k on single target, with his rupture doing nearly twice the damage of the dots from me AND the warlock combined. I'm hoping it's just an issue with the scaling in the leveling dungeons and not how the tuning actually is in unscaled content.

Quote Originally Posted by Onyd View Post
    Fewer tentacles also makes for far fewer polygons flying around and needing to be rendered.
    Yes fuck graphics. Lets play a MUD.

Quote Originally Posted by lostdoormat View Post
    Through more testing on the PTR. I'm pretty sure that the tentacles appear only at higher stacks now. Seems to be around 16 or so, maybe a little higher.
    There was a change awhile back to have tentacles appear only later into voidform.

But can I get a raven glyph to replace the tentacles (preferably with a better raven model) to match t17 mythic? That would be great. 1 tentacle (starting with a base of two?) every 4/5 stacks sounds reasonable.

PVP issues so far:

-We still are too squish (We can still get killed through dispersion)
    -No mobility
    -Void Form being casted makes almost impossible to activate in arena scenarios
    -Some pvp talents feels so mandatory for the core of the spec that makes no room for other choices

If you want to skip, demonstrations starts at 10m
    Last edited by Chantique; 2016-06-23 at 08:17 PM.

I think that a 1 second cast could be ok for PVP. I wouldn't be too happy about it, but at least at 1 second we can sneak the cast in with at least a little bit of reliability especially when the cast time is reduced by haste.

Pfft. With currrent melees, I'd better forget about arenas alltogether. Making a 1 sec cast does not make much good in a modern melee-friendly environment. Yeah, you'll get in VF more reliably... just to do what? To be ripped in halves through dispersion? To be roflstomped to dust during one stun? Unless melees take heavy nerfbat in everything (of which I seriously doubt, tbh), small things like cast times of void form entrance does not matter.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lostdoormat View Post
    Through more testing on the PTR. I'm pretty sure that the tentacles appear only at higher stacks now. Seems to be around 16 or so, maybe a little higher.
    From what I could see, I think a set of 2 spawns every 15 stacks. First set on shoulders at 15 (which used to be instantly when you entered), then a second one on the hands at 30 and that's generally it because you can't really get to 45 with current gear and decay, at least not without StM.

I admit I'm kinda sad they nerfed the tentacles on top of base shadowform without any glyph to compensate any of them, but I can learn to live with the new shadowform because I've seen it applied to mounts (with the shadowy friends glyph) and some look a lot nicer than live, notable example: Core Hounds!

7+ Year Old Account
    Pvp needs some huge nerfs/buffs and for us specifically a gap opener and maybe an on demand 100 insanity or damage boost cd.

Can someone comment on the current state of things for PvE? Hows the damage look? So I don't have to read through 400 pages.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Pfft. With currrent melees, I'd better forget about arenas alltogether. Making a 1 sec cast does not make much good in a modern melee-friendly environment. Yeah, you'll get in VF more reliably... just to do what? To be ripped in halves through dispersion? To be roflstomped to dust during one stun? Unless melees take heavy nerfbat in everything (of which I seriously doubt, tbh), small things like cast times of void form entrance does not matter.
    Yeah I agree. Arena is going to be totally brutal for non melee barring major nerfs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ctee View Post
    Can someone comment on the current state of things for PvE? Hows the damage look? So I don't have to read through 400 pages.
    Atm it's really hard to tell with changes coming in so fast on top of a lack of raid testing, but the general feel lately was that shadow was doing pretty well in the latest raid testing......but there isn't solid backing for it or any other idea of where we are on dps meters.