Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Yes and no. It was for sure much better than WoD. But it was not better than TBC and WotlK. So when MoP was the current expansion. Everyone said the same about cata before. IMHO MoP was better than cata. But in forums it seemed like everyone was like "ooooh cata was so much better than MoP" PvP wise cata was better than MoP, but overall i think MoP was better.

Nothing beats TBC and WotlK and of course classic, just because it was the feeling of a brand new game, nothing can beat that.

But i am pretty sure in LEGION no one will ever say, WoD was better than LEGION is. I can not imagine that, seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Kung Fu Panda was released in 2008.

WCIII: Frozen throne was released in 2003. Pandaren Brewmasters were added as neutral heroes.

Just because they didn't dive deeper into the lore, doesn't mean they didn't have some sort of back story/world building going on.
    Yeah, I know I was kidding hence why i had the "/sarcasm". MoP was my favorite expansion so far and I remember looking forward to making a Pandaren monk, I thought they looked so cool. Legion however might be my new favorite.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2016-06-23 at 06:01 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Played since end of TBC with few small breaks.

I've always felt MoP was a strong Expansion. It's levelling Content was decent, with Treasures and Rares, new stories and ideas, it brought a new class, that was different to what was in the game. It brought a new race that, despite being part of WC3, was hated by the vast majority of people, due to things that came out around the Expansion. It brought new content, new Patch styles, and new things for Players to do in the form of Scenarios, Challenge Mode Dungeons, and the return of dailies, as requested by those who played in TBC. It was also the one and only expansion that made all PVP Gear actually matter and be relevant, by having both offensive and defensive stats to keep the damage levels under control.

Do I think it was perfect? Nope. It had severe PVP Problems, concerns over balance, issues with the amount of dailies, Scenarios were considered boring, and the 14 Month SoO Spree did not help. Also, no extra Dungeons, which were great in WotLK/Cata.

However, I did enjoy my time there. I felt rewarded for doing Content I wanted to do (CMs and Raids giving Valor), there was various content for different people. I've felt this expansion the pressure of Mythic 20 compared to Heroic 10/25. I've never felt limited by the amount of people I play with. I've never understood why the most challenging 5-Man Content in WoD and the organised versions of Raids did not reward you when the LFR/LFD Version did (CMs and Normal/Heroic/Mythic Raids for those thinking about Mythic Dungeons)

I think WoD has been strong for it's Levelling content and also it's Raid Quality. The issue is that everything in between is non-existent.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

It is all a matter of perspective. There have been things that I have enjoyed about each expansion and things I absolutely hated. For the most part I will remember MoP as a fun expansion. Not the best expansion to me, but not any worse than others. I think a couple of years from now I will think the same of WoD. For all of its faults, I still had fun playing WoD, and when it wasn't fun, I stopped playing for a bit and played other games.

And your profile picture.

Quote Originally Posted by IzorkX View Post
    I think Blizzard is starting to follow the same cycle as Windows from Microsoft does.

Great - Shit - Great - Shit

Wotlk - Cata - Mop - Wod

Remains to be seen with Legion.
    Truly hope so. Certainly has been the pattern.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post

The emotions this SS evokes are beyond explanation... The environments were absolutely stunning.
    Yeah, Preach says that MoP and WoD have no cool set pieces to look forward to in zones like Wyrmrest or ICC. I do disagree.

Better than WoD and Cata, obviously. But wouldn't call it better than Wotlk or TBC imo. I had fun and enjoyed it though, even though I don't really care for pandas.

The highest praise i can give MoP is that it was less shit than WoD.

Deleted
    Started playing in TBC and would rank the exp. like that

MoP>WotLK>Cata>TBC>WoD

Quote Originally Posted by zacharyk88 View Post
    Honestly, we didn't know how good we had it. I think it definitely sits only slightly below WoTLK as far as my favorite expansions go.
    TBC, Wrath and MoP were solid expansions. They each had their flaws, but at the end of the expansion, I felt I more than got my money's worth. Cata was deeply flawed, but I enjoyed large parts of it, but it was an incomplete expansion because of the world revamp.

WoD was the first time I ever felt I got taken advantage of by Blizzard, that the extra cost was not justified and I actually contemplated a refund or chargeback, I was so let down and disguted after two weeks. I bought all the Warcraft games, all the Diablos, the first Starcraft, and never felt like I wasted my money, WoD changed that pretty fast. They went from a company that I trusted to sell me a quality product, to one I'm very skeptical of now, at least as WoW goes. Overwatch proved the company can ship a fun, engaging game people fall in love with, but the WoW team...yeah.You got me once - that won't happen again.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Of course it's a really good expansion. You paid £10 less than WoD for the usual full content, not 2/3rds of it.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it was a great expansion, but if they make the things right this time with legion maybe legion is going to be the best xpac ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually rate the expansions as:

MOP=WotLK>Cata>WoD>Vanilla>>TBC

Scrub Resto Druid Trying to Make a Difference

10+ Year Old Account
    I strongly dislike pandas, but I've always admitted MoP was a really good expansion. It was the first time in my WoW career I felt I had accomplished everything I wanted to.
    Nowadays I have a level 100 panda, but don't be mistaken... I'm just trying to get a level 100 for every class, and the monk seemed so awful that the only choice was an awful panda (not going to force "monkitude" on a human or a dwarf).

I hated the theme, but everything else about it was tremendously good.

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    I get what you say... but to me the WoD leveling experience was a "it was so good it makes everything else look bad in comparison" deal. Boy was it fun to go from 90 to 100. The pace was perfect. I tried playing Skyrim after and it felt... anachronisctic (looked like a current game, played like a 30 year old one) because it seemed to drag its feed and felt clunky as hell.
    My issue with WOD leveling is not the quality of it, but how quickly it was over with. It was too short, and there were HUGE gaps in the storyline. Nagrand was the worst in that regard. It was also too easy, and often boring - to this day, I cannot name a quest line or individual quest that stood out, as being really fun, really challenging, or memorable - and I can name you many like that from other expansions. The Wrathgate quest line, Gnomeageddon from Cata, the bouncing bears in Hyjal, the bombing runs in Hellfire, the logride in Wrath, etc.

My overall experience from WOD leveling was "That's it? It's over?"

I always really liked MoP. There were two or three aspects of it that I was critical of, mostly because I feared that Blizzard loved Timeless Isle so much that they would make a whole expac like TI, which I thought was a hideous idea. I was right. WoD had the TI world bosses and the TI mobs everywhere and the TI treasures, all of which got old very, very fast.

I thought MoP had tons of charm, and though the story was kind of half-assed, most WoW stories are, lol. I also really liked the farm. I don't know, I just liked having my own little house. If they just would have made the same basic thing in WoD but let you customize the look of it? That would have been awesome. No mission table or mine or herb garden. Just a nice house with goblin pineapple wallpaper and a Pandaran pot that is always boiling away and a few trophies on the wall.

It sits above WotLK for me.

To this day I seriously can't figure out why people ever disliked it to begin with. Having too much to do in a game is never a bad thing in my eyes.

I guess if you hated dailies, the first patch wouldn't be that great...? But even then, there was so much more than dailies in MoP. The farms, the rare hunting, the awesome raids, the challenge modes...

I think in large part, MoP only served to show how jaded the playerbase was about WoW at that time. They weren't willing to have what they immediately wrote off as another "filler" expansion that didn't involve a giant big bad, and the weird "appealing to chinese market" myths somehow spread like wildfire and still keep going to this day, which I seriously can't fathom. It's possibly the most absurdly retarded hate-bandwagon I've ever seen a group jump on. Mists of Pandaria was asianic in theme - not Chinese, by any stretch of the imagination - because it was a theme Blizzard had never explored before and in my opinion they did an unbelievable job adapting it to WoW. Even with Legion and how nice a lot of the zones look, it doesn't compare visually to Pandaria.
    Last edited by Irian; 2016-06-23 at 10:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    MoP was amazing. Sure 5.3 and 5.4 were a bit of a drag. But 5.1 and 5.2 had the best patch content in the game.

The expansion is miles above Wrath in my eyes.